gardevoir / gallade synergy

prof lucas

I'm running a deck wich uses gardevoir to (among other things) power up gallade's powerful storm, but I have noticed that the energy doubling of gardevoir's psychic mirage doesn't apply with powerful storm's count of my total energy.

Example: my opponent had a metagross, no damage, I had my gallade active with 3 psychic energy, and gardevoir, cresselia ex (2 psychic) and meloetta (1 psychic) in my bench. when I use powerful storm, it does 240 damage, knocking out metagross, but should'nt it do 480 damage? (6 energy 2 2 because psychic mirage X 20 damage X 2x weakness= 480 damage from 12 energy + weakness)

I never noticed it before since usually PS beats anything i run into anyway, but is this an error of the game or I'm misssing something?

• 2 weeks later...

it depends if metagross was the steel version or the psy version, also maybe the other player was playing with plasma and used a frigate card so there was no weakness. There could be any number of reasons as to why it was only 240. what i would do is screen shot it next time and see the matter for yourself.

Archived