Who here plays the tcg .........

catalilly

In real life and not only online? I been playing since it came out way back when base set first came out, and am still playing today.

Unfortunately here in Blighty, there aren't that many tourney's outside of the London area, so going to them is rare for me, b ut lu ckily their were a few small ones, with decent prizes, that were fun to go to.

-Proud owner of a Pastoria City TCG badge teeth_smile.png

Wow! As a child I was obsessed with the TCG! I still have so many of the older cards and decks that I built and now I'm itching to whip them out again (I just have no one to play with around here sad_smile.png). I also used to attend playmatches at Toys R Us and win badges and the like....it was so much fun!

Once I saw that they were having a Pokemon TCG online I knew I had to sign up for old time's sake! Some of the new cards and rules I am not up to date on, however I am certain this online game will certainly get me caught up! All sorts of nostalgia is bubbling up inside me right now! Time to go play some more! tounge_smile.png

hello..

i stared collecting trading cards about a month ago, when i saw advertisement on play.com.(brought back memories from childhood).

but i am yet to join my 1st league or even have my 1st TCG battle with any1, (and I've never been to an event or even watched 1 take place).

So if you don't mind could you give me some advice please.

Players who join a league, on average what kind of decks do they have. do they have many lvl X cards? are the decks similar to what the 3 different type of virtual decks we have here??. does players enter with different type of decks and mix it up as they advance thro the league e.g. game 1: grass type deck, game 2: water type deck.

And also are there meetings/clubs i can join where no leagues take place but it does have TCG players who go aswell. also this club/meeting will be a relaxed group where you can challenge anyone, have a good laugh, gain exp and improve your confidence.

btw i have tried look on the main site, but all i can find is dates and times of leagues or tournaments.

and thank you

hello..

i stared collecting trading cards about a month ago, when i saw advertisement on play.com.(brought back memories from childhood).

but i am yet to join my 1st league or even have my 1st TCG battle with any1, (and I've never been to an event or even watched 1 take place).

So if you don't mind could you give me some advice please.

Players who join a league, on ************ kind of decks do they have. do they have many lvl X cards? are the decks similar ******* the 3 different type of virtual decks we have here??. does players enter with different type of decks and mix it up as they advance thro the league e.g. game 1: grass type deck, game 2: water type deck.

And also are there meetings/clubs i can join where no leagues take place ****** does have TCG players who go aswell. also this club/meeting will be a relaxed group where you can challenge anyone, have a good laugh, gain exp and improve your confidence.

btw i have tried look on the main site, but all i can find is dates and times of leagues or tournaments.

and thank you

Actual Competitive play is way different from this beta, the decks here, even with all their upgrades, wouldn't last 2 rounds againest a proper deck. No offense to anyone, these decks were obviously meant for simple gameplay for the beta, once it gets more customisable, it should be interesting.

Anyway, the current popular decks are Luxray, Garchomp, Gengar, Machamp and a few others, though it is usually the same decks played. The few leagues i've been to had some good people, and they were fun, being a newb at the time though, i got crushed, but whatever tounge_smile.png. a lot of them just have casual gaming nights, where you can play and learn and get exp.

If you want, i could probably put a guide up about the current state of the TCG, for any newbies here, who want to know more. regular_smile.png

lol, thank you. i think il avoid any leagues for now. but when you said...

"a lot of them just have casual gaming nights, where you can play and learn and get exp."

i like the idea of this, i just had another look at events near me with the "play pokemon" on the main site. and the nearest event is 26 miles with is a tournament:(.

and a guide about TCG would be amazing, it the kind of thing that i'm looking for:)

I'll see if i can make a guide, or find one for you then, but let me just warn you, Pokemon is way more immersive then you might think teeth_smile.png

26 miles isn't too bad, my closest one was 60, and they then closed it down... cry_smile.png

thank you,

and wow 60 miles, in that case i'v got quite a few leauges/tornaments near me.

and sorry to hear it was closed down, must be very frustrating.

I've played it with my mom, even though she's not much of a gamer, and, even stranger, against myself! tounge_smile.png

just means you can never lose:)

I never found anyone to play with, but I still collect the cards, because the artwork and some of the stories are amazing. Holon is very under-appreciated as a region.

I think that's because it's not an official in-game region, like the Orange Islands. However, I agree that it's pretty cool, with the Pokemon type-changing experiments, and such!

I would love to play tcg with someone other than my sister. I win, she wins, but they're the same decks and I already know most of her strategies, and she's not very good. It sucks to live in a city where there are no leagues and the ones that I can go to are about 135 miles away.

If you need to find a place to play you could always look on the official pokemon site and it should have a league locater to help you find a place to play for those who do not know of a place to play.

I would love to play tcg with someone other than my sister. I win, she wins, ********'re the same decks and I already know most of her strategies, and she's not very good.**** sucks to live in a city where there are no leagues and the ones that I can go to are about 135 miles away.

Quoted for truth

I collected the cards when I was young. So I have a lot of the older generation first and second. Butmy younger brother has the newer cards. Even tough I have so many cards, I never really played the TCG. I just collected them. I have played with my younger brother before tough. I think this website, makes me actually want to collect more cards and play at a real tournament. ButSince I am older, teenager/young adult, I feel weird. Would I be playing against a bunch of kids, 'cause if so I'd feel like a pedophile.

So my question to you iswhatis the average age of players at the tournaments?

First I have to look for tournaments in my local hobby shops. I think there are tournaments in my region.

I collected the cards when I was young. So I have a lot of the older generation first and second. Butmy younger brother has the newer cards. Even tough I have so many cards, I never really played the TCG. I just collected them. I have played with my younger brother before tough. I think this website, makes me actually want to collect more cards and play at a real tournament. ButSince I am older, teenager/young adult, I feel weird. Would I be playing against a bunch of kids, 'cause if so I'd feel like a pedophile.

So my question to you iswhatis the average age of players at the tournaments?

First I have to look for tournaments in my local hobby shops. I think there are tournaments in my region.

The largest player based is 16+ witch is the master division though it dose depend on your area in who you will face. Some leagues have a lot of kids but at most tournaments you will face quiet a bit of teens/ adults.

I run my own league offline - if there isn't a league close to you, I suggest you do the same! It's hard going to start with, but if you put up posters where cards are sold, chances are you'll quickly grow your own league :). Older players are actually more common than you'd think (you only have to look at the player age topic here in the forums to see the majority here are 18+). And from my own league experience most parents/younger players view the older players as tutors/role models. You can apply to run your own league on pokemon.com (must be 18+ to be a league owner, or 15+ to be a league leader). If anyone has any questions, let me know and I'll be happy to answer them :)

Im 19 and playing and having fun with it. To go back to the main topic im running ludicolo with best dance. i love this deck but for sunnyvale regionals im running gliscor lv x..... i only joined the game a month ago and find the community to be a lot bigger then i thought. Is anyone else going to sunnyvale for regionals?

Archived