Flash PTCGO Memories

CaterpiesAreOP

This downtime makes me reminisce on the old PTCGO flash version. If you're new to the game, before PTCGO was a browser-based game. It took up a lot of bandwidth and did not run as smoothly as this one at times. It was a very different game to what we have now. I remember playing it for the first time, and I was amazed at how cool the game was. The only thing I liked better about the old version was that we could move mass amounts of packs more easily, but that's just me. :D I just wanted to pay homage to the game that started it all. I'm sure many other older users can agree some of their fondest moments were on the old version.

I'll share what I have saved.

28v6gid.png

Having fun with the computer.

ajl6qa.png

Pulled a mewtwo out of two packs

11ty055.png

Opened three packs and got a mewtwo. lol

Anyone else have screenshots from the old flash version?

I dont have photos but i do have a match video but not sure if we are allowed to link ******* here. But i have to agree the ease of trading on the web based game was better by far. Sure the cards leaked from your binder lol but when you were doing a direct trade with someone you clicked on the item you wished to add to the trade and just changed the number you were giving of said item. Now you have to go in search the card name, select to add to trade go back in and do it again for each item... i remember having to refresh the page like every 20 minutes because the it would get to the point where you could do nothing because of the lag lol.

Ah yes. How could I forget the lag. Lol I remember friends leaving every 10-15 minutes from switching between trading and lobby to refresh. Binders were only useful for about 2-3 minutes until they leaked. I remember my computer froze when I put all my cards in my binder. Even with all those flaws the game was still great. Lol Really took it all for granted.

I don't think we're allowed to post videos though. :/

Stacking Eviolite, FA N being Broken, Victini flipping whatever it felt like.

Kinda sucky nostalgia, hoenstly.

Also, PDL was really fun against basic yellow. 13 prizes was my best :)

This downtime makes me reminisce on the old PTCGO flash version. If you're new to the game, before PTCGO was a browser-based game. It took up a lot of bandwidth and did not run as smoothly as this one at times. It was a very different game to what we have now. I remember playing it for the first time, and I was amazed at how cool the game was. The only thing I liked better about the old version was that we could move mass amounts of packs more easily, but that's just me. :D I just wanted to pay homage to the game that started it all. I'm sure many other older users can agree some of their fondest moments were on the old version.

I'll share what I have saved.

28v6gid.png

Having fun with the computer.

ajl6qa.png

Pulled a mewtwo out of two packs

11ty055.png

Opened three packs and got a mewtwo. lol

Anyone else have screenshots from the old flash version?

I remember that my forum avatar was created ingame in flash version

Got to be honest, the Flash version was simply brilliant.

All those hours of true awesome in the Trading Post (miss you all guys!), the lag, the competitions, the ability to give things away for free - how much I miss it all :/

U know i remember playin the old flash browser version why did they change it 2 where u have 2 download a game client in order 2 play it now? I wish the old version was still around

I liked the old version a lot. Especially the layout, UI and flow of the game. But the new download client is fast and suffers less lag so I'm not compaining right now. Although, I would love to see the return of the old style just on the new client. That would be nice.

I doubt anyone remembers me but whatever. I was a somewhat well-known player during Open Beta, playing from August till December in 2011. Then real life kinda got in the way so I gave away all my stuff one day and that was that. I still do visit every now and then...

Anyways, about the Flash version. It was a lot easier to use than the client version due to the fact that it's web based and I think load times were shorter. Unfortunately, it had a ridiculous issue with lag (not sure if it got somewhat fixed in the client, haven't played as of late) and I was often forced to refresh the page before I searched for a battle and I still needed to refresh about every 15-30 minutes if I wasn't battling (rf became a pretty common term in the chat). There were also lots of bugs, though some were rather entertaining (like the times when we couldn't use actual chat and had to use the pre-made phrases). The community was also really good, I myself had a good relation with Gotaway, Touko, Manectric, Poker, Prof_Snow, and some other users I'd remember better if I had a better memory. Also the E4 was awesome, even though I sucked and didn't spend any money on the game. The metagame and trading values have also changed a ton. Remember when Yanmega Prime was worth more than 10 packs and when everyone was using those dumb ZTPS decks? Good times...

• 2 weeks later...

I first came on near the end of the flash version all I did really was play the trainer challenge to unlock the basic decks. I count my blessings that I got two now. That's all I remember. Oh I had no screenshots unfortunately. Never had any epic battles yet. Still don't but some day I will and soon the worl-. *ahem* Never mind.

• 2 weeks later...

I was a large user of the pokemon website. When PTCGO came up, I immediately joined, making me one of the oldest people here on PTCGO. There was only the trainer challenge, and I beat each trainer easily. I started waiting for each update, every day logging on to see if multiplayer was ready. Finally multiplayer was out! For some reason I haven't received the beta packs, but I was fine without it. Ah, those good but annoying memories. I remember those annoying Yanmega decks and having tons & tons of bugs. Of course, being the explorer, I eventually found my way into the forum when TCGO was down because of my boredom. I remember those long days without TCGO and only one or two people logged on. Finally, TCGO was re-released! I quickly downloaded it only to find that my decks and their data were gone. :( I sure don't miss those old days though.

Archived