Longest Maintenace Ever.

Rrumbah

I understand that this game is still in Beta, but seriously? Out of all the games I've played this is by far the longest I have ever seen. Are they understaffed? That would be a surprise to me being that the Pokemon franchise brings in an insane amount of money. Hopefully, we'll by able to log in sometime before the end of Febuary:mad: Yes, I'm mad bro.

I would even pay a small monthy fee if it would make down time shorter. I mean, if Blizzard can fix their multitude of servers in less than 8 hours, why can't these programers do the same for one? I'm sure they're doing the best they can but, my patience is wearing thin;as I'm sure other's are too.

I understand that this game is still in Beta, but seriously? Out of all the games I've played this is by far the longest I have ever seen. Are they understaffed? That would be a surprise to me being that the Pokemon franchise brings in an insane amount of money. Hopefully, we'll by able to log in sometime before the end of Febuary:mad: Yes, I'm mad bro.

I would even pay a small monthy fee if it would make down time shorter. I mean, if Blizzard can fix their multitude of servers in less than 8 hours, why can't these programers do the same for one? I'm sure they're doing the best they can but, my patience is wearing thin;as I'm sure other's are too.

i agree i have never seen a down time of this magnitude its getting to be really rediculous and need to steep up there game honestly i get home expecting servers to be up but no once again they extended it anouther 2 hours prolly gunna extend it again..... verry ticked at least i gues have blackops2 to play in mean time :/

Yes yes, patience this patience that. Did you try to consider what exactly they're fixing? The most recent update states that they're fixing delays with the booster credit system so that people do not get confused. I've previously had the issue myself when updating over fifty credits at once, where it says there are 47 boosters available when there are in fact 50 available. How would you feel if something you redeemed did not go through? Pretty upset, right? This is a difficult and complex issue to solve because it is both seemingly a server-sided lag issue (because this happens for many people who have a plenty good system and internet connectivity) and a client-sided one because it only shows on the player's screen that the credits didn't go through correctly. This makes it difficult to pinpoint the issue and solve it.

Maybe this will help explain a little bit as to why they're taking so much time in this maintenance, and maybe make someone less angry to know what they're actually doing, since they don't seem to feel the need to tell us what comes in each update...

(Don't get me wrong, I want to play the game right now too. I am not part of the staff, I just felt this needed to be explained.)

We understand that this stuff takes time...but lets be real this is not a mass open world 3D game with 8mil+players lol its more like a level 2 flash game with about 200 active players or at least thats what i have see over the past 3 weeks. I do believe we should at least get a detailed post of what is done or what is being added to the game. we are now WAY past 24 hours and i can see there is not even a new client update....

Hey guys!

I've gotta close this one down, there is an area dedicated to talking about maintenance so please do it there.

http://www.pokemontcg.com/forums/showthread.php?32299-All-day-maintenance-what-about-the-rewards/page2

and here is a link to see what exactly they are doing

http://www.pokemontcg.com/forums/showthread.php?32289-Scheduled-Game-Maintenance-January-29th-12-01am-2-00pm-PST&p=754031#post754031

Archived