Sign in to follow this  
TPCi_Mathis

State of the Game - discussion thread

TBurrows9730

A rough time frame for Tokens and GEMs would be nice.

Also a little bit more information would be nice. Without more info there will just be a lot of speculation and it may help with the expectations.

May be a screenshot or two once a month?

I have many ideas of what and how it could work but I will just wait and see for now.

TPCi_Mathis

I get that some people are frustrated by the duration of the current maintenance period, but this is not the thread in which to discuss it. I've deleted a handful of posts to keep this thread on topic. Please make sure it stays that way.

On topic:

The current roadmap for 2013 contains a number of game updates, including Gems, online Tournaments, more uses for Trainer Tokens, and Trainer Challenge enhancements. In the coming months, Prof_Mathis will provide more details on these features, but here is a small taste of what they’ll bring to the game.

Answers are coming. ;)

Zaptail

Could you *Please* include a link to a thread where we could express our confusion and perhaps recieve updates on whats being done, for the sake of the furious?

Thanks.

Edited by Zaptail
Forgot my manners

DragonDanc3

Mod Edit: Stay on topic.

Edited by Prof_Mathis

TPCi_Mathis
Could you *Please* include a link to a thread where we could express our confusion and perhaps recieve updates on whats being done, for the sake of the furious?

Discussion about the duration of maintenance qualifies as feedback. If you don't a relevant thread in the Feedback, Bugs & Suggestions section, feel free to start one

DGice

I am super excited for tournaments this year! I am also excited to see more digital item support. I'm already looking forward to 2014 when the game has really been smoothed over and there are alot of players.

Aisor

This is definitely the best direction for the game to take. The possibility to unlock cards with tokens is amazing for the game's growth potential. It will reach so many more players than before, as the active playerbase is pretty much limited to people who already buy physical TCG boosters. Now it won't be just a bonus, these changes make TCGO a standalone environment that can not sustain the interest of TCGO-only players with a working and business model. And that, in my opinion, requires that the game rewards its players' hard work with the ability to make up for smaller investment in money with time spent playing the game. That's already a part of their contribution to the scene's activity and matchmaking accuracy. These systems work better in the proper scale, and obviously: the more, the merrier

The new TCGO could also lead many to the physical card game, as players or collectors, and other parts of the entire Pokémon franchise to new customers as well. I had once given up hope on this project since it seemed to be stagnant and conservative, without real future prospects, but at this rate I definitely will be supporting the game by buyings tons of cards and playing actively. Great work listening to feedback and striving to to make this game a lasting success.

CuttingEdge007

I suggest they should minimise the chances of game crashing due to connection problems.This is a BIG thing to be developed

Videoland

The new TCGO could also lead many to the physical card game, as players or collectors, and other parts of the entire Pokémon franchise to new customers as well. I had once given up hope on this project since it seemed to be stagnant and conservative, without real future prospects, but at this rate I definitely will be supporting the game by buyings tons of cards and playing actively. Great work listening to feedback and striving to to make this game a lasting success.

That DID work with me :P I started to play the trainer challange here first, and rediscovered the fun with plaing the pokémon TCG. Bought a pack to get a booster credit, just to try it out and now I play and collect the real pokémon cards and my wallet is suffering so much (jk, its okay.. I needed something fun to spend money on ;P)

samuraiofheiji

sorry for interrupting, but can anybody tell how to get any strong card like mewtwo, etc or something with EX thing. Can it be bought with tokens? and how about packs? tell me if i got wrong place to post this. thanks.

wowowiwo

They only thing I'm not happy with atm is how advantageous is go first in a game.

There should be some sort of restriction for the person playing the first turn, for example, not allowing to use supporters.

This will be greatly beneficial for the game as it wont be that scary to get a low HP pokemon OHKO'd in the first turn and would make more decks viable as people are getting used to running almost ALL strong basics + EX or even pure basic pokemon decks, no creativity for competitive scene.

Its obvious that even with this change you will be in trouble when your lone Tynamo is facing a Landorus (because of weakness) but come on... as it is right now you can pull off things like turn 1 Night Spear (90 damage), turn 1 Blow Through (60 damage), turn 1 Ho-Oh for 80 damage, you can skyla - comp. search turn 1 for a DCE 40 damage mewtwo ex, not counting the usage of trainers like pluspower, hypnotoxic laser etc.

Supporters are the problem here because most of the time this extremely fast damaging situations need a Turn 1 Skyla, or turn 1 Juniper for discarding things like dark energies, or just an N for drawing more cards in search of pluspowers, stadiums, computer search etc etc.

Its too easy to make this turn 1 wins happen (myself have done this tons of times) , I my opinion you should only be able to do this things if you are extremely lucky and get the perfect hand (you should be able to use the newly introduced Bicycle)

Cheers!

Rufo2000

I hope that I can get good cards for tokens and not just random unusable cards. I hope that they do not go crazy and ask for 1000 tokens for a decent card. I hope that tournaments are not dominated by people with unlimited resources like 500 packs and 10,000 cards. I hope that they finish with the Beta version some time soon. I hope that they finish with the maintenance even sooner.

DialgaChampion
They only thing I'm not happy with atm is how advantageous is go first in a game.

There should be some sort of restriction for the person playing the first turn, for example, not allowing to use supporters.

That's something I've noticed as well, but is unlikely to change anytime in the future, since it has been this way since the very beginning, if I remember correctly.

In some ways, this is why I prefer the first turn setup rules in Yu-Gi-Oh, where the player who goes first can't attack, but does have the ability to play cards without worrying about them being immediately countered by their opponent. This way, the player who goes first, and the player who goes second, each gets their own advantages.

But then again, in the Pokémon TCG, there isn't really any "countering" involved, since each player plays their own cards on their own turns.

Maybe in the future though, they'll add some sort of limit on the player who goes first. Who knows.

OMEGAlomaniac

Tournaments and in game unlocks with Tokens sound solid, as long as you are not making people grind insane hours to pick up enough to buy one card lol. Some might think that sounds crazy, but all too often the free "alternative" to just paying in some online games isn't worth the time investment.

Oh, and friend battle is a nice touch, I don't think that was there last time I logged in (late last year) so good *** :)

Edit: the word *** is censored? What!?

Showsni

They could just make it like Magic, where the player going first doesn't draw a card. Wouldn't be as big as outlawing supporters, but would at least provide a slight balance.

Galbrant

Buying cards with tokens? I'm game.

TBurrows9730

Any Feb update?

I like news and screenshot of what is coming soon.

spookyshadow

can some one answer a question without an automated moderator answer, when will the new updates that were talked about in January going into affect, i thought it was supposed to be in feb? and on another note any news on when this game will no longer be in beta?

DialgaChampion

Can't wait to see the new attack animations! Been waiting a long time for this! :D

leader1234567
Can't wait to see the new attack animations! Been waiting a long time for this! :D
mee too.

Sign in to follow this