About Maintenance

Wriden

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"04:01PM PST - 11:00AM PST

12:01AM GMT - 07:00PM GMT"

Does this means maint. will take like +20hours?

i wouldn't doubt it. they are probably getting things in place for plasma. better to do it now than last minute.

I am assuming someone entered the GST were the PST should have been or the opposite.

Extending the orginal to 7:00pm PST makes the most sense.

Waiting is so difficult.

Yes, usually I am not bothered by the maintaince in this game. But, just two days ago I got back into the game heavily and this is quite annoying.

From the maintenance thread:

"Hello friends!

We sincerely apologize for the length of this maintenance. As we all know, when we're working our magic back here, exciting things can happen and we hope that you understand. Keep your chins up and the game will be back shortly!"

I am assuming someone entered the GST were the PST should have been or the opposite.

Extending the orginal to 7:00pm PST makes the most sense.

Waiting is so difficult.

Actually after a closer look at the post about maintenance from the profs i think your correct it says 12:01am to 7:00pm PST and on the top of the site it has them flip flopped at least hoping this is the case. I really don't want to think about not being able to play until 2:00pm tomarrow my time which is like 20 hours off...

The only thing that i wish was that if they say 8 hours don't make it 20+ or whatever and if it has to go that long let us know well in advanced instead of updating the maintenacne thing in the top right corner after it ran over what is was supposed to.

Or they could tell us what exactly they are working on during maintenance and the changes that are taking place instead of just saying "we are going to have maintenance." It'd be nice to know what the maintenance is for instead of having to wait and find out later. It would also help us realize why sometimes it takes so long for the maintenance to take place.

really...If blizzard can take care of there amount of people 9-11mil players and there 60+ servers in under 6 hours what is taking so long to patch a pokemon game that has about 200 players.About an hour ago the servers were going up at 10pm EST now its another 20 hours?If im missing something plz tell me but all i know is people BUY packs and that money goes to pokemon.co and in saying that we for this service and would like to know what is going on.The servers went down at about 4amEST lastnight for about 14 and now another 14-20?

I am going to say some messed up the pst time, since according to their time the mantience hasn't even started on the west coast.

The maintenance really started at 12:01 AM PST I don't know why it says 4:01 PM PST.

LOL Pokemon TCG didnt even put up EST,where I live in the east coast.I think an apology is needed.,:mad: I am mad because THEY DINDT EVEN TELL WHY they did

Hi Everyone,

We apologize for any confusion regarding the maintenance time and it has been corrected. I know many of you are anxious to get back into the game and battle once again, but I ask that everyone just please be patient. The team is working hard on getting the game back up and running so that everyone can continue to enjoy the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online. Thanks everyone!

Hi Everyone,

We apologize for any confusion regarding the maintenance time and it has been corrected. I know many of you are anxious to get back into the game and battle once again, but I ask that everyone just please be patient. The team is working hard on getting the game back up and running so that everyone can continue to enjoy the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online. Thanks everyone!

Can you PLEASE just put EST there,Prof.I would appreciate this

Hey Leader,

You can check out the Maintenance post and visit the World Clock website. World Clock has a time zone converter that will convert the time zone of the maintenance to the time zone in your area.

The only thing that i wish was that if they say 8 hours don't make it 20+ or whatever and if it has to go that long let us know well in advanced instead of updating the maintenacne thing in the top right corner after it ran over what is was supposed to.

I agree, start creating a mirror of the server and pre-test the patches on it before making an estimate if your best estimate is three times less than what reality shows to be true, or at least put the server back up as it was and put off the maintenance until you know your modifications are going to work. I realise that you will generally always run into unexpected problems when modifying software and that this is only beta still, but still, the community is forming opinions of you (the developers) as well as the software during the beta phase.

Hey Leader,

You can check out the Maintenance post and visit the World Clock website. World Clock has a time zone converter that will convert the time zone of the maintenance to the time zone in your area.

It might be helpful for those that do not know how to use sites such as those to make it automatically change according to the time zone registered on the player's account, as you can do with forum posts. That way, you won't have nearly as many people confused or upset about the timezones being different.

WHat in the world can yall be doing that takes this long to patch? If there was a issue with the patch that was this bad you all need to be firing the team that wrote this patcha nd told you it was ok and ready to go. Next time test the patch make sure it works properly then instal it (should not take more than 6 hours to patch any game) This is a stupidly small game in comparison to almost every online game out there and they almost never take this long to patch. Get your stuff togasther and do it right.

WHat in the world can yall be doing that takes this long to patch? If there was a issue with the patch that was this bad you all need to be firing the team that wrote this patcha nd told you it was ok and ready to go. Next time test the patch make sure it works properly then instal it (should not take more than 6 hours to patch any game) This is a stupidly small game in comparison to almost every online game out there and they almost never take this long to patch. Get your stuff togasther and do it right.
my guess is they might have only ne game developers rite out of college workking on it lol not trying to be offensive but it gets to be old that these last two patches hav been 24hr + patches when like say for instance guildwars 2 is like 6hours

my guess is they might have only ne game developers rite out of college workking on it lol not trying to be offensive but it gets to be old that these last two patches hav been 24hr + patches when like say for instance guildwars 2 is like 6hours

I must be devil's advocate here.

It's in beta, not paid for, and low-priority at the moment.

Archived