Updated Unobtainable Card List and Thanks to the Admins

gravybeast

First of all, HUGE thanks to the admins for taking care of this issue. You guys have taken a massive step in improving this site and I think with a little more work we can get the rest of these cards knocked out fairly easy. I feel the cards I have listed below are impossible to obtain but if there is any reason you feel these cards need to remain please post here and please let us know how to obtain them. I am 99% certain the rest of the cards are from theme decks that have never been obtainable and therefore need to be removed from the collection as well since it hurts collection statistics. Again, thanks for progressing with this issue.

Filters: These cards are sorted by "Set, Card Number", Set view to "Tile", and make sure you check the show all box.

Card Name, Card Number, Card orientation after Filters are applied (counting from left to right)

Energy:

Complete

HeartGold & SoulSilver:

Feraligatr 20/123, 2nd *Possibly from Mind Flood Theme Deck which is unavailable online

Meganium 26/123, 2nd *Possibly from Growth Clash Theme Deck which is unavailable online

Typhlosion 32/123, 2nd *Possibly from Ember Spark Theme Deck which is unavailable online

HS-Unleashed:

Mismagius 5/95, 3rd *Possibly from Chaos Control Theme Deck which is unavailable online

Steelix 24/95, 1st *Possibly from Steel Sentinel Theme Deck which is unavailable online

Tyranitar 26/95, 1st *Possibly from Chaos Control Theme Deck which is unavailable online

HS-Undaunted:

Complete

HS-Triumphant:

Complete

Call of Legends:

Lucario 14/95, 2nd *Possibly from Retort Theme Deck which is unavailable online

Tangrowth 34/95, 1st *Possibly from Recon Theme Deck which is unavailable online

Black & White:

Complete

Black & White - Emerging Powers:

Complete

Black & White - Noble Victories:

Complete

Black & White - Next Destinies:

Complete

Black & White - Dark Explorers:

Complete

Black & White - Dragons Exalted:

Complete

Black & White - Boundaries Crossed:

Complete

Black & White - Plasma Storm:

Complete

Black & White - Plasma Freeze:

Complete

Black & White - Plasma Blast:

Complete

Dragon Vault:

Complete

Promo:

BW:

BW10 Axew

HGSS:

HGSS1 Ho-Oh

HGSS2 Lugia

HGSS3 Pikachu

HGSS4 Wobbuffet

HGSS5 Hoothoot

HGSS6 Noctowl

HGSS7 Feraligatr

HGSS8 Meganium

HGSS9 Typhlosion

HGSS12 Cleffa

HGSS13 Smoochum

HGSS14 Lapras

HGSS15 Shuckle

HGSS16 Plusle

HGSS17 Minun

HGSS18 Tropical Tidal Wave

HGSS19 Raikou

HGSS20 Entei

HGSS21 Suicune

HGSS22 Porygon

HGSS23 Porygon2

HGSS24 Hitmonchan

HGSS25

Also, has there been any thought on how to treat the promo issue regarding 100% statistics? It would be really nice if the algorithm involved in calculating collection stats disregarded the extra ~24 promos that aren't possible to obtain atm. They are an awesome placeholder for the moment and cool to look at but I really feel as if they should only count towards the collection stats if they are possible to get.

These cards were on the list to be removed in the initial sweep, but it looks like they got missed. I submitted a bug report yesterday afternoon to correct this issue.

I'm also working with our Shop guy to review all of the codes that unlock HGSS Black Star promos so that we can remove the unobtainable ones from the game.

Our goal with collection stats is to only have them reflect cards that are available in the online game. Removing unobtainable cards from the game should adjust the completion percentages accordingly, allowing players to achieve 100% status.

Thanks for all of your efforts. It made chasing down the "extra" cards much easier. Keep up the great work!

These cards were on the list to be removed in the initial sweep, but it looks like they got missed. I submitted a bug report yesterday afternoon to correct this issue.

I'm also working with our Shop guy to review all of the codes that unlock HGSS Black Star promos so that we can remove the unobtainable ones from the game.

Our goal with collection stats is to only have them reflect cards that are available in the online game. Removing unobtainable cards from the game should adjust the completion percentages accordingly, allowing players to achieve 100% status.

Thanks for all of your efforts. It made chasing down the "extra" cards much easier. Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the reply! Now for a tricky question. After the shop guy does his work then can we assume there are codes to obtain the cards that are left?

I just realized how dumb that question is, obviously it would be yes. Thanks for the reply though!

• 2 months later...

This thread is now up to date. I noticed the energies were fixed. Good job! There are still a few HGSS cards we need to remove. These simply do not exist. I went ahead and listed all the non obtainable promos. There are 32 cards listed now that should not count towards collection stats. At the moment these 32 cards make up 1.07% of the collection stats. There are a few people now on this site sitting at 98%. Removing these cards would make several serious collectors very happy. If you don't want to remove them, that's fine, but please do not count these towards over all completion. I have never ever seen these cards available. There are plenty positives in removing these cards. Look at Tropical Beach, wait... where did it go? It's fairly obvious. Removing these will result in less unneeded questions, confusion, and useless public offers. Removing Tropical Beach was a very good start and I hope we can get the rest of these taken care of.

I will need to do some as this reply is old and Freeze has been released since so don't pay attention to the numbers in this reply.

• 7 months later...

Thanks Tburrows. I do believe it's justified as lately there are far too many people wondering how to obtain these which we are 99.999999999% sure don't exist. Many have claimed to have them to never follow up on their claims.

I'm well aware this post has been from the beginning of the year, but still: why not give the players a way to unlock those decks (cards being untradable, of course)? It would be a very pleasant surprise to everyone, which in the end will not only work to our advantage, but also yours, as happy people are more willing to spend money (the cards from those theme decks are relatively weak, and don't work in the most popular format Limited).

Archived