Darkrai-Hydreigon Variation [Interesting techs]

BASCULINTHETANK

I have been doing a ton of testing with all the different HDD variations, and have opted in real life to use a list that some people have called controversial or wierd. Its done quite well so far getting top 4 at a Cities, and I would have done even better and perhaps ended up winning if its wasn't for this decks severe weakness to one card Terrakion NVI, of which the opponent I lost to ran two copies of. I thought I would share the list or what's quite an unorthodox build of a common deck.

Pokemon: 16

3-0-3 Hdrei DRX

3 Darkrai EX

3 Sable DEX

1 Keldeo EX [* Tech to counter Conditiondecks and Landorus EX decks.]

1 Mewtwo EX [* Tech to counter Mewtwo EX and other attackers in general as a game ender]

1 Sigi DRX [* Tech to counter EX's in particular Mewtwo and Mew EX.]

1 Terrakion NVI [* Tech to counter Darkrai EX and Lightning decks.]

Supporter:11

4 Juniper

4 N

3 Skyla

Item: 21

3 Dark Patch

3 Max Potion

3 Pokemon Catcher

3 Rare Candies

3 Ultra Ball

2 Giant Cape [*Puts Hdrei DRX out of OHKO range from Landorus EX's 2nd attack, also makes it harder for Mewtwo EX and Darkrai EX to be able to knock it out, also helps save Darkrai EX from Terrakion NVI OHKO's, and forces the opponent to take an extra 3rd attack to even have a chance of knocking Darkrai EX out]

1 Computer Search

1 Level Ball

1 Random Reciever

1 Super Rod

Energies: 12

6 Dark

4 Prism [* For attacking with the main tech attackers of Keldeo EX, Sigi DRX , Terrakion NVI]

2 Blend [* For attacking with Hydreigon if needed... I don't attack with him often though]

My main concern is not hitting draw supporters with this deck. Also maybe switching out giant capes for tropical beaches would be better IMO. I would cut 1-2 blend for an extra basic dark or 2. Most decks run 1 tool scrapper and having those 2 capes removed would be a waste. Looks good otherwise.

The reason I don't run Tropical Beaches is that ALL of my main rivals in tournaments run Tropical Beaches, so most matches I just use their ones and save room for other cards. In the two Cities I attended I only saw one Tool Scrapper, and that was when my opponent was running Darkrai EX-Bouffallant-Mewtwo EX-Hammers, so it didn't make a difference to the game. In the original list I ran 8 Dark, 4 Prism, but then I lost to Landorus EX-Bouffallant-Mewtwo EX-Terrakion 1st round, so I needed something that would give me a 2nd method of OHKO'ing a Terrakion NVI. Draw Supporters might have been a problem, but as I said earlier in my metagame all my main opponent's run Beaches so its not a problem, and I tend not to need to use Draw Supporters in this deck mid-game at all.

I'm surprised by your Supporter balance.. I'd opt for 3 Random Recievers and take out 1 Juniper and 1 N (I still think N generally is a bad idea given it's 50/50 chance of helping your opponent more than you, but if it works for you..)

You have to bear in mind that at the highest level most people will be running powerful decks, and in particular speed decks such as Landorus EX and even other slower decks such as Eelektrik and Blastoise-Keldeo will tend to take leads on this deck as its quite slow. In order to get a good set up, I tend to fall behind versus most decks, then when I am set up I am able to use Max Potion Heal etc to win the match and stop them from taking knockouts. I would also run less N, buts its the one option of Shuffle Draw in the format at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...

Pokemon: 16

3-0-3 Hdrei DRX

3 Darkrai EX

3 Sable DEX

1 Keldeo EX

1 Mewtwo EX

1 Sigi DRX

1 Terra NVI

Supporter:12

4 Juniper

3 N