Sign in to follow this  
AAA-Pikachu-AAA

Pokemon X and Y discusision

Saints5
I find the new fairy type stupid in terms of the name. come on game freak, you didn't hear just about EVERYONE on YT say we should have a light type Pokemon

GAME FREAK INC

"Duh. What should the new type be called?"

"Lots of people we make it a light typ Pokemon.

"Nah. Too generic. Let's give it the stupidest type ever! Fairy! And to make it even stupider, lets give it to Pokemon like Marill and Jigglypuff who don't even look like fairies and not give it to Clefairy who has Fairy in its name and its Pokedex entry!"

Oh good Arceus game freak...

Pretty much what ****** said, plus light was suggested as a counterpart to dark btw http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Fairies_and_the_Fairy_Type

Calvin-Cool

Fairy type doesn't make any sense to me.....Why did they even add Fairy Type? I get normal attributions like Normal,Fire,Water,Grass,Fighting,Flying,Poison,Electric,Ground,Psychic,Rock,Ice,Bug,Dragon,Ghost,Dark and Steel but what is a Fairy type? What advantages does it have. I know it weakens Dragon type or something(I don't remember) and all the types like Normal,Fire,Water,Grass,Fighting,Flying,Poison,Electric,Ground,Psychic,Rock,Ice,Bug,Dragon,Ghost,Dark and Steel make sense but Fairy type doesn't even make any sense to me. It wasn't really needed to add a Fairy type because Normal,Fire,Water,Grass,Fighting,Flying,Poison,Electric,Ground,Psychic,Rock,Ice,Bug,Dragon,Ghost,Dark and Steel types are fine.

NOTE: I don't know if this is a bug or something but some letters of words got spaced out

Edited by Calvin-Cool

Saints5

They added Fairy to nerf the Dragon type like Steel & Dark were in Gen. II to nerf Psychic and help out Fighting. Fairy is like Bug, Ghost, and Dragon in that they describe a type of creature, For example a changeling, sprite, and leprechaun are all different types of fairies just like a ladybug and a butterfly are bugs.

GlaceonGirl2

And now that we have Sylveon for a new Eeveelution, they may needed a new type for it.

Saints5

Eevee is a popular Pokémon so a new evolution of it with the new type would help market the new type.

SpiralBreeze

I like the Fairy type, it makes sense, since you have fairy egg types. Perhaps they'll save Light for another game. It's a shame they didn't do Alien type... you know with all those extraterrestrial Pokémon visiting Poké Earth and what not. Clefairy are supposed to be from the moon, so why not?

GlaceonGirl2

No offence but I don't think a lot of Pokemon would be Alien type or part Alien type... but anyway... I think Saints5 is right. Eevee is pretty popular.

Saints5

I think that Jigglypuff and Togepi are from space too. (From that one episode in the first season.) Anyway, how many alien Pokémon are there? I know Deoxys, Kyurem, and he Elygem line along with Cefairy.

Anyways, what Pokémon do you guys think will be retyped? The ones I'm thinking are:

-Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable (either Fairy or Fairy/Normal)

-Togepi (fairy or Fairy/Normal)/Togetic/Togekiss(Fairy/Flying)

-Celebi (Fairy/Grass)

-Jirachi (Fairy/Steel)

-Azelf/Mesprit/Uxie (either Fairy or Fairy/Psychic)

-Mawile (Steel/Fairy)

-Banette (Ghost/Fairy, maybe Shuppet too)

These are just the ones I can think of right now, but if I think of others I'll post them.

EDIT:I got bored and found this:

@AAA Pikachu AAA It's just a rumor but supposedly Sylveon would be the "Yosei" or fairy type. According to the rumor, a lot of older Pokemon would change to this type like Togepi.

According to the rumor Yosei would be:

• Immune to Dark and Dragon
  • Weak to Psychic, Poison, Bug, and Ghost
  • Resist Fire, Water, Ground, and Flying
  • Like Normal (Not super effective against anything.)
  • Fire, Water,Ground, and Flying would resist it
  • And no type would be immune to it

It's just a rumor though so we'll have to wait for confirmation to verify it. Although I personally don't think that's real mostly because it lacks a weakness to Steel and the part of it not being super effective on anything

It's kind of eerie how some of these things have been correct.

Edited by Saints5

GlaceonGirl2

The Pokemon for certain that is going to be Fairy/part Fairy is:

Gardevoir, type: Phychic/Fairy;

Marill, type: Water/Fairy;

Jigglypuff, type: Normal/Fairy;

Sylveon, type: Fairy and

Flabebe, type Fairy

Edited by GlaceonGirl2

GlaceonGirl2

I don't see anything wrong with what could be in the game... some of the things I see on it is what is​ happening in the game...

SpiralBreeze

True... I don't know it is nice to dream about what you'd LIKE to see in a Pokémon game, or what you miss from previous ones.

Battler077

hey guys how many new Pokémon will be in total from the Kalos region?

*check out my Card Of The Day Thread before the day is over and i post a new card*

SpiralBreeze

Ok, cool.

Well hopefully it will only be 50 to 100. Otherwise, that's just... I don't know. Too much? IS there such a thing as too many Pokémon? Has there been an official announcement as to the possible number, plus "hidden ones".

GlaceonGirl2

Well, so far there is about 20 new Pokemon... there might be other evolutions to some Pokemon but so far only about 20.

SpiralBreeze

So maybe we're looking at 50 then. Sinnoh was only 50 right?

GlaceonGirl2

Maybe but I just basically counted the new ones and I got about 20... the starters also always get two evolutions so we may be also looking at 26 new Pokemon instead... this is a hunch though...

SpiralBreeze

Well it also looks as if right from the start you get Pokémon from other regions. So I don't know.

Saints5
So maybe we're looking at 50 then. Sinnoh was only 50 right?

I don't think so, Johto had the least and it had 100

GlaceonGirl2

But that was like only the first game then so on... right?

Saints5

It was the second Gen...

GlaceonGirl2

Oh... I only have the Pokemon games since Pokemon Platinum... or Pearl... I'm not sure which is older...

Poke_Ball_1

Pearl is older

Calvin-Cool

Diamond/Pearl released in 2007 while Platinum released in 2009. I played all 3 of them. Well I have all the Pokemon RPG games from Ruby/Sapphire.

GlaceonGirl2

Alrighty then... I have Pearl, Platinum, Heartgold, Black(first) and White 2. My mom(yes my mom...) has Diamond, Platinum, Soulsilver, White(first) and Black 2.

Sign in to follow this