Sign in to follow this  
AAA-Pikachu-AAA

Pokemon X and Y discusision

SpiralBreeze

Interesting... those Pokémon might just stay colorless. But then again they might want to add the new game dynamic.

Saints5
Interesting... those Pokémon might just stay colorless. But then again they might want to add the new game dynamic.

Talking about game mechanics, I wonder what Pokémon-Aime will do or what Streetpass and Spotpass will do. I hope we get info soon.

SpiralBreeze

I kinda feel like we're getting information as they make this stuff in the game. I don't have a 3DS so I don't know what those features are on the actual device. They said that Pokémon Aime will help level up the friendship of your team, making them easier to battle with, like they showed Pikachu looking toward the trainer for further instruction. I guess it's going to be kinda like a virtual reality type thing, that makes it seem like the Pokémon are actually interacting with you based on how you scratched it's ears, or if you gave it a cupcake instead of a Casteliacone or something I don't know. I mean it's another one of those elements they add for either girls or younger trainers. And since I'm a girl who likes cute things, well, I'm sold. I can't speak for an eight year old... that's a whole other analysis I could get into.

Saints5

Spotpass is kind of like downloading in sleep mode, I really don't know how to explain it. Streepass is when info is exchanged between two people when their 3DSs go near. BTW It looks like the PGL will be replaced by the Player Search System (PSS).

EDIT: Two new Pokémon: Skrelp and Clauncher.

Edited by Saints5

Calvin-Cool

Not only Skrelp and Clauncher.Also Noivern,Talonflame(Evo of Fletchling),Vivillion and some others from Vivillion Evo line.Check this out http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokemon_X_and_Y

EDIT:So far Noivern really looks cool.I first mistook Noivern's ears for its eyes,LOL.Talonflame is cool too but I don't like its name.The name "Talonflame" is kinda weird....

Edited by Calvin-Cool

SpiralBreeze

Yeah I've lost count of the new ones already, every time I look, I'm like, wait, I haven't seen that Pokémon before! And yes, that's exactly like Ash when he takes out his PokéDex to look at a Kanto Region Pokémon that he should in reality already have registered.

mnm12345

• Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro’s type is Fighting/Dark.
  • A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimar’s type is Dark/Psychic.
  • A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr (ESP + purr) evolves into Meowstick (Meow + mystic?). (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick’s name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)
  • Like in B/W you have two rivals – one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.
  • Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.
  • Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can’t ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.
  • HMs still exist but there’s a lot less of them.
  • Players will be able to see their Pokemon’s EVs (probably through the same in-game facility mentioned in the other post).
  • A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.
  • Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.
  • If the previously revealed forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo’s original design, the second supposed form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew‘s design.
  • In case you missed our correction the other day, the Starters’ final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting also you can now spot IV/EVS and the new method of taking care of your pokemon also raises its IVs/or EVs

Saints5

Hasn't that rumor already been proven false?

mnm12345

which one saints?

Battler077

• Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro’s type is Fighting/Dark.
  • A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimar’s type is Dark/Psychic.
  • A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr (ESP + purr) evolves into Meowstick (Meow + mystic?). (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick’s name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)
  • Like in B/W you have two rivals – one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.
  • Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.
  • Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can’t ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.
  • HMs still exist but there’s a lot less of them.
  • Players will be able to see their Pokemon’s EVs (probably through the same in-game facility mentioned in the other post).
  • A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.
  • Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.
  • If the previously revealed forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo’s original design, the second supposed form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew‘s design.
  • In case you missed our correction the other day, the Starters’ final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting also you can now spot IV/EVS and the new method of taking care of your pokemon also raises its IVs/or EVs

haha i knew it! i knew it! the starter final evolutions types!

Saints5
which one saints?

The whole thing, for example we saw that Ryhorn (or Rydon) was ride-able in a rocky area.

EDIT: I found this on Serebii:

It was made well know thats part of the rumor were made up to cover the leaker so it's still has to be taken with a grain of salt. Plus nothing is final until we have confirmation
Edited by Saints5

SpiralBreeze

Oh thank goodness for ridable Pokémon!

Battler077

hey guys now there´s 2 new battle modes! Wild Swarm Battles and Trainer Aerial Battles(only flying and levitating Pokémon)

SpiralBreeze

Well can you play other motion activated games on the 3DS? You know like by tilting the iPhone?

Battler077

hey did anyone read what i wrote?

SpiralBreeze

Yeah my sister told me about those modes yesterday, pretty cool, they should have diving battles too.

Saints5
Well can you play other motion activated games on the 3DS? You know like by tilting the iPhone?

You can, but I doubt that it would be a requirement for an evolution.

SpiralBreeze

Ah... well yes that is dumb.

BoysArbokintown

I thought of something when I was mulling over everything that was revealed, what if they have less HMs because pokemon will be rideable, giving pokemon more of a trait like in the Pokemon Ranger games, instead of having to learn the HM-Cut, they can just have that as something they can do without using an HM. The Rhyhorn crossing the jagged rocks comment was what really made that thought complete.

SpiralBreeze

Interesting thought buddy (apparently your name get's starred out). Maybe something along the lines of an ability, or Pokémon Power, that they can use without taking up one of the four attacks. That would be pretty sweet, so this way, especially when you set up your in game team, you don't have to worry about taking up precious move space with HM's. Even though personally I keep even moves like Flash on my in game team all the time, you know just incase I feel like going into a cave on that particular day. It has happened before! I still feel like Flash should be a better move though... even though it's not even an HM.

Edited by SpiralBreeze
name starred out

Poke_Ball_1

I find the new fairy type stupid in terms of the name. come on game freak, you didn't hear just about EVERYONE on YT say we should have a light type Pokemon

GAME FREAK INC

"Duh. What should the new type be called?"

"Lots of people we make it a light typ Pokemon.

"Nah. Too generic. Let's give it the stupidest type ever! Fairy! And to make it even stupider, lets give it to Pokemon like Marill and Jigglypuff who don't even look like fairies and not give it to Clefairy who has Fairy in its name and its Pokedex entry!"

Oh good Arceus game freak...

Calvin-Cool

Yeah just like I posted before. There should be a Light and Sound type.

BoysArbokintown

Well, the point of the new type was to help balance Dragon types so it makes more sense that a Fairy type can deal x2 damage to dragons than say a light or a sound type. I agree that they should have come up with something else but it is what it is.

Sign in to follow this