Why is Ash still 10? .-.

Southpark90912

You've never heard of the Coma Theory?? Ugh.... Guess I should explain it.

Basically, Ash went into a coma so now he thinks he is 10 for all eternity. It is also believed that Giovanni is Ash's father, which is why Ash hates Team Rocket. Therefore, he defeats Team Rocket evry time to show his 'dad' that he will not inherit Team Rocket and Jessie, James and Meowth all symbolize horrible things [diseases] so yeah, you try putting that in English yourself. [there is a longer verion of this theory but i wrote a shot version.]

• 2 weeks later...

Thats not true, its impossible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He should at least be 12, if you count each episode as 1 day therse over 500+ episodes so theres 365 days in a year so after episode 365 a year has passed and Ash should have aged.

Not necessarily, many episodes can happen in one day, especially in the regional leagues and sometimes an episode can cover more than one day.

• 1 month later...
You've never heard of the Coma Theory?? Ugh.... Guess I should explain it.

Basically, Ash went into a coma so now he thinks he is 10 for all eternity. It is also believed that Giovanni is Ash's father, which is why Ash hates Team Rocket. Therefore, he defeats Team Rocket evry time to show his 'dad' that he will not inherit Team Rocket and Jessie, James and Meowth all symbolize horrible things [diseases] so yeah, you try putting that in English yourself. [there is a longer verion of this theory but i wrote a shot version.]

That would explain how he got so many girlfriends too. Wish I had that much "charm". How many is it now? 6? 10?

Also, I seriously doubt that every episode is the equivalent of one day. Travelling from town to town with enough nature between each to keep one town from being visible to the next... by foot... takes a while. That, and they would become paranoid/exhausted quick if they had that much action packed in each day. It would go beond human limits to keep going like that all the time. Heck, if some team came after me day after day only to defeat them constantly, I'd actively hunt them down after a week at most.

Anyway, simplest and most likely explanation to it is that they didn't actually come up with one. MONNIES!!!

According to another theory, Ash is still 10 because he saw Ho-Oh. According to the PokeDex, anyone who sees Ho-Oh is promised eternal happiness. For Ash, eternal happiness would be able to continue his journey as a Pokemon Trainer. As a 10-year-old, Ash is still able to go on his adventure, which is how Ho-Oh granted his wish.

My sister told me that theory Metagross. *Sigh*. Fans since the beginning have still been seeking a continuation where Ash is grown up... oh well. Maybe some thing like Sailor Moon? I don't know. But Ash remains ten to please new players to the game so they can relate. Hence, why me and my friends have to fight over cards with little kids who don't know the original 150, except for Pikachu. Oh well. I'll keep aging and Ash will remain ten forever, although technically I guess since the show started in 1997? 1996? In Japan, he's only one or two years younger than me! At least those of us who want to see Ash as an actual Master can always realize our dreams through Fanfiction.

I have an answer! Ovbiously in the pokemon world they judge time differently! Omg, what did I just do? I came up with an actual answer?! Inconsivable! (Who ever knows what inconsivable is from gets a cookie, no CAKE! It's not a lie. I promise)

Physics work differently obviously. How else can you electric charge a flying type without any drawbacks? That or Ash is a world wonder and as a demi god, he can passively keep everything in the same condition as he found it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The same reason Detective Conan is still stuck in a 6-year-old despite that show going on for like... 15-20 years?

It's a children's show. Ash stays young so kids will connect better with him. I'm trying to think of an equivalent US show, but US shows usually don't last nearly as long on air as the Japanese shows tend to.

i hope Ash grow up at least 2 years when Pokémon Black 2/White 2 anime comes out. and by the way, did not Misty, the Kanto water gym leader, grew up a little or she just changed her hairstyle?

Archived