December Community Update - discussion thread

TPCi_Mathis

Thanks for the update.

Thank the developers, QA, Mods and all those that got this new version going. It seems to be at a better state then the V1 ever got. I hope it provides the foundation to go forward that was envisioned when the switch was made.

Will we be given any info about tournaments before they arrive.

How many games?

Prizes?

How long will one take?

What can we do when waiting?

Any idea when GEMS will be discussed in 2013?

PS – Still trying to digest the news on the shop credits. I hope something can be done to make what currently feels negative better.

New things are nice, but I think it's also important to fix what we currently have. I can't imagine tornaments would be able to work when there are glitches in the cards. Abuse would run rampant if there are prizes on the line. December was a big step in the right direction as far as the bugs go. For me, once a month doesnt seem like enough for bug fixes. I'm fine only having one big update a month, in fact I wouldn't mind if it was bi-monthly if it meant bugs were adressed faster, but I think glitches that effect play need to be dealt with as soon as a solution is found.

I'm looking forward to most of the new features coming down the line in the next few months, with the exception of the removal of booster credits. I already posted in that topic, but I'll say it again here, this seems like a very poor decision as it is actively removing a feature from the game. The fact that it's presented as a "New Feature" is actually a little insulting. I hope the Devs will realize that most of the player base do not want this and find another solution (or better yet just leave booster credits alone, as I don't think there are any problems with them as they are now).

Sounds like a ton of work is going to be done next year.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Avatar Builder, Gems and Tournaments the only three major things left on the to-do list?

Other than those, I think the rest of the updates will be minor ones -- fixing bugs, releasing new sets, etc.

With that being the case, I think this year has gone extremely well overall in terms of development of the game.

Thanks for the update! Hope everyone here has a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I'm looking forward to most of the new features coming down the line in the next few months, with the exception of the removal of booster credits. I already posted in that topic, but I'll say it again here, this seems like a very poor decision as it is actively removing a feature from the game. The fact that it's presented as a "New Feature" is actually a little insulting. I hope the Devs will realize that most of the player base do not want this and find another solution (or better yet just leave booster credits alone, as I don't think there are any problems with them as they are now).

I agree, removing the booster credits is probably the worst move TCGO could've taken. I'm pretty sure this action could mean the downfall of this game.

Tournaments with broken cards are broken tournaments. Iron out the process of fixing cards before tourneys go to beta.

Card redemption is still too clunky. Where is the:

1) Check all button - to supplement checking every individual code you just redeemed.

2) Redemption summary - to replace "You redeemed a booster! OK" meditation for each redemption

????

#1 is just the way every other interface from Wordpress to Amazon is built.

#2 is simply representing what you've already calculated - the total redeemed is already displayed in two places before the ever loving "You redeemed a booster credit! ***]" while loop. Should be:

You got 12 booster credits.

You got 8 Plasma Storm boosters.

You got 1 Plasma Plotz precon deck.

OK

(816 boosters claimed today, but really, this loop is a 'bad omen' even for a player returning from a prerelease, or run to the game store with their Christmas money).

i think pokemon should change the head gym leader every year so it can be fair for every body

This is not something that is chosen by the site. This is open for anyone to start. Prizes are not donated by the site. It's all ran out of the kindness, free time and resources of a few members of the site. If you want to be a gym leader then start a thread and try. This thread is not even the right place to post a complaint about this.

Tournaments with broken cards are broken tournaments. Iron out the process of fixing cards before tourneys go to beta.

Card redemption is still too clunky. Where is the:

1) Check all button - to supplement checking every individual code you just redeemed.

2) Redemption summary - to replace "You redeemed a booster! OK" meditation for each redemption

????

#1 is just the way every other interface from Wordpress to Amazon is built.

#2 is simply representing what you've already calculated - the total redeemed is already displayed in two places before the ever loving "You redeemed a booster credit! ***]" while loop. Should be:

You got 12 booster credits.

You got 8 Plasma Storm boosters.

You got 1 Plasma Plotz precon deck.

OK

(816 boosters claimed today, but really, this loop is a 'bad omen' even for a player returning from a prerelease, or run to the game store with their Christmas money).

The system used to allow you to "redeem all" in one click, but it was throwing up some bugs with a few packs not going through properly I think, so they changed it to the current one at a time method as a quick patch.

Archived