BE AWARE of DISHONEST TCG Trainer in REAL LIFE

playplayplay

When trading your cards with real life TCG trainer, please be aware of dishonest TCG trainer as it happen to me today.

As i'm new in this TCG game, i made my first trade for my BW version with my friend for other version trainer, basic & stage 1 pokemon cards. Did you know what i found out after i made a research on the cards that i rec'd today? Almost 50% of the cards are going to be outdated or already outdated for example Plantium & supreme victor . It really broke my heart as they are so dishonest trainer where i paid high respect for all the trainer in the world.

It is a advise from me to other new & all trainer that love TCG game in real life. BE AWARE of your surrounding TCG trainer.

I admit my fault also but as a honour trainer, they shouldn't trick the newbie trainer. Am i right?

When trading your cards with real life TCG trainer, please be aware of dishonest TCG trainer as it happen to me today.

As i'm new in this TCG game, i made my first trade for my BW version with my friend for other version trainer, basic & stage 1 pokemon cards. Did you know what i found out after i made a research on the cards that i rec'd today? Almost 50% of the cards are going to be outdated or already outdated for example Plantium & supreme victor . It really broke my heart as they are so dishonest trainer where i paid high respect for all the trainer in the world.

It is a advise from me to other new & all trainer that love TCG game in real life. BE AWARE of your surrounding TCG trainer.

I'm sorry this happened to you, but if it's worth anything, the cards are still collectible as they are. Maybe if you ask your friend he'll give you back your cards? It's worth a shot atleast.

Well i'm not sure if this helps, or makes u feel any better, but the CURRENT modified format for POKEMON ORGANIZED PLAY (POP) for the remainder of the 2011 season includes the following pokemon releases.

Majestic Dawn

Legends Awakened

Stormfront

Platinum

Rising Rivals

Supreme Victors

Arceus

Heart Gold/Soul Silver

Unleashed

Undaunted

Triumphant

Call Of Legends

Black & White

as well as any promos marked DP22 and higher. for me normally I try not to use the first 3 sets of any modified format because usually they will pretty much be rotated out very very soon. With the exception of any trainer/supporter cards, I myself personally wont use any card preceeding the Arceus series, but thats just me. Really it just all depends on how frequent you do organized play. I know some players who still are willing to spend money on certain older releases like RISING RIVALS (mainly in hopes of getting that LUXRAY GL LVX) or ARCEUS because they play heavily in tournaments that still allow these cards. So again, not to say you shouldnt feel bad, but yeah maybe the other person will re-trade the cards. My advice, stay up to date on what real life formats are being used for tournament play....THIS SITE ALONE should give u that info, just have to stay on top of things.

Unless you were traded fake cards or the player lied by saying they were in the format, I see no dishonesty here.

Pokemon cards aren't just for tournaments/leagues.

When a player asks you to trade for legitimate cards, you should take full responsibility for your decision.

Actually, thanks to a mid-season rotation, everything before HeartGold and SoulSilver got cut off. They shall be deemed illegal on July 1st in the Modified format.

The mid-season rotation was placed in order to remove (some of) the dominate deck archtypes from the World Tournament that only exsist because of cards in the sets cut off.

TCGO rules also follow this. HGSS-On is the current format, and only cards from said packs are obtainable. Minus the cards from previous sets in the Trainer Challenge NPC decks.

Around 10 years ago, when i just started to become a huge pokemon fan, i had some cool pokemon figures (Veanasaur,blastoise, and charizard) I was at my first year in school and was 6 years old. Then one EVIL (unknow for me) student who where 2years older then me ,somehow convinced me to make a periodicly trade with his 3 figures( maril,mareep and hoppip i think...). He promised we would trade them back again 3 days later. But when that day came, he refused to trade them back. I started crying, so he agred to let me trade the venasaur for both my maril, and mareep. Later i told a teacher about the whole thing, but they ignored me.....I was really shocked that day. I can actually admit that it was my worst day ever in life. So yeah, dont EVER trust people you don't know!

Atles: To me it sounds like they weren't trying to scam you. Unless they knew you were going for modified format cards only, which I don't think you even knew that. To me trading some new cards for old ones would be a great deal, there are tons of new cards available, so it would be easy to get more. The older ones, not so much.

Metoro: That's just sad.

thanks a lot guys. It really help me to understand a lot in this kind of trading & your advise are really apprciated. Hope one days, we all have a chance to play TCG real life together.

I've been a fan since the very first game came out, then I loved the series, and even collected cards for a short period of time, but stopped because I realized collecting was stupid and I had noone to play with, lol . I have every Pokemon game that's been released, even the FOUR originals, Red, Blue, Green {in Japanese}, and Yellow. I was a fan of Pokemon when I was in school. Of course, I hated other kids and people in general, so I never even tried trading anything with them, or even communicate with them, I used to lol when the other stupid kids were proud of having pokemon at like level 50, and I would of already beaten the game and had my pokemon's levels maxed out. Just like nowadays, I play Japanese versions of the new pokemon games and already have the games beaten by the time they come out in America, but I still buy them in English anyway. I also just noticed that this forum is nothing but guys, yet like all the moderators/updaters have female avatars. Also, just a comment on modern people. What happened to spelling correctly and using proper grammar? On the issue of what happened, all I can say is that you should of done more research.

Well, by when I was in school, I meant when I was in elementary school, right now I'm 16 and I'll be graduating from highschool next year.

Archived