TCG Cards that surprised you?

Alexa Tikani

Well, today I went to the big city near to where I live, and as always went to the (prefered) comic shop.

Because I hadn't bought any cards in an age, I asked for a pack. The guy behind the counter asked which one, and I ended up with boundaries crossed.

Anywho, get home and look at the pack art to see it was the black kyruem (you know where this is going). I do the card trick and get in this order:

Spoink, Charmander, Snivy, Ducklet, Squirtle, Greatball; Already i thought it was a good set of starters. Whirlipede, Delcaty and now, my hand had slipped, so i see something shimmering at the back. After delcaty was a reverse skitty and then I get the black Kyrem Ex card.

I was stunned. After what? four, maybe five months of no new packs, the first one I get given is BKyrem in a BKyrem pack. If i remember correctly, the last pack i opned had a Zekrom in it, I also have a figurine as you always have to if you like pokemon.

Anyway, there was my surprise card. What (if any) were you surprised to get?

Same thing happened to me in Next Destinies. I hadn't bought a pack in a while, so I thought I might get one. I went home and opened to find a Mewtwo EX. I just stared at that card in disbelief. The weird thing is, it was a Regigas pack. Oh well.

I remember getting Bridge From Below and a foil Bridge From Below in the same Future Sight pack. It's like the cards were telling me to play the dredge deck! (Shame it wasn't a double Tarmogoyf pack, though.)

Archived