Da_Granny's Tournament

Da_Granny

Hello there!

I will be hosting a tournament for the next few weeks! The rules are as followed:

1. The format will be BW-on, if anyone is using any illegal set then you will be automatically disqualified from the tournament. (Reprints are okay though, ex: Switch, poke ball, pluspower, etc.) ALSO YOU DO NOT HAVE TO USE THE SAME DECK EVERY ROUND, however it must still be in the same format (BW-on)

2. There will be 4 rounds of Swiss followed by a top cut of 8, (due to the 16 player limit) each round must be reported by both players. Swiss play will just be best of 1 play and top cut will be best 2 out of 3. (Basically like a real life tournament) In the Top Cut matches, you are allowed to change decks from round to round. But within the round you must keep the same deck. For ex: in the Top 8 match you may use your Darkrai/Hydreigon game 1, you must use that deck for the other two matches in Top 8; however if you win that round, you may switch decks when you go to Top 4. Each round will be given a max of 1 week to be played out. If the game has not been played the player who did not show up for the match will forfeit, and the other must report this. If neither reports this statement, then both players will lose a match. (sorry but it's to speed up the matches and what not)

3. THERE WILL BE NO UNSPORTSMANLIKE IN THIS TOURNAMENT, if you are found to be unsportsmanlike to your opponent then you will be disqualified immediately.

4. DISCONNECTION ISSUES: disconnections will result in a player discussion. Both players must both agree to the disconnection, I know everyone does not have a strong internet connection so sometimes this happens (happens to me as well). However if someone tries to say the internet disconnected on them after they were trying to "concede" or did "concede" the ending result will be a loss to the conceding player.

5. ENTRY FEE IS FREE!!!

6. PRIZES:

1. 8 packs of choosing

2. 6 packs of choosing

3. 4 packs of choosing

4. 2 packs of choosing

Players/Results:

1. kfisherman (4-0)

2. Squirtle_Squad_ (3-1)

3. ImMrFlubaDub (3-1)

4. moin12345 (3-1)

5. pkmnkingnik (3-1)

6. OuttaYaMind (2-2)

7. neochamp25 (2-2)

8. Kingworldpeace (2-2)

9. 3chiz3n (2-2)

10. matthew69 (2-2)

11.Andreas4 (2-2)

12. Yelsha (1-3)

13. AlexManectric (1-3)

14. tomtoo (1-3)

15. Bradyn (1-3)

16. golfer570 (0-4)

Standings after Round 4:

1. kfisherman
  2. Squirtle_Squad_
  3. pkmnkingnik
  4. moin12345
  5. ImMrFlubaDub
  6. 3chiz3n
  7. OuttaYaMind
  8. Kingworldpeace
  9. neochamp25
  10. matthew69
  11. Andreas4
  12. Yelsha
  13. AlexManectric
  14. tomtoo
  15. Bradyn
  16. golfer570

YOU WILL ONLY BE GIVEN 5 DAYS FROM HERE ON OUT TO COMPLETE YOUR MATCHES. THANKS.

Top 8 Pairings (BEST 2 OUT OF 3):

1. kfisherman VS Kingworldpeace
  2. Squirtle_Squad_ VS OuttaYaMind
  3. pkmnkingnik VS 3chiz3n
  4. moin12345 VS ImMrFlubaDub

Top 4 Pairings (Best 2 out of 3):

1. kfisherman VS ImMrFlubaDub

2. Squirtle_Squad_ VS pkmnkingnik

2012-2013 Season Results:

Top 4 at College Station, TX City Championships

E4 Hall of Famer as of 12/2/12

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like we need 7 people left! Once 7 more sign up I will make the pairings and post them in the original listing and a comment on here so you all can see it!

Why use different decks? I am ready to signup but if you are going to allow to keep same deck in whole tourny. Or maybe if you could allow little modifications like I remove Bouffalant from my deck and then add Terrakion, the other cards will remain same etc.

Why use different decks? I am ready to signup but if you are going to allow to keep same deck in whole tourny. Or maybe if you could allow little modifications like I remove Bouffalant from my deck and then add Terrakion, the other cards will remain same etc.

It adds variation to the matches and what not. It makes the whole match interesting. Plus how am i supposed to know what everyone is playing and making sure they use the same list? I can not do that. Therefore you can use the same deck. Also if you were to tell me your deck and I listed everyone's decks with their name, that ruins the suprise to what you may be playing.

Er, problem in a rule. What if someone is willing to play, but the other person doesn't show up. Do we both have to tie the match? If so, this is very unhelpful. Because...

If I'm 3-0 and my opponenent is REALLY good and 1-2, and I'm gone because I don't want him/her in the finals, yet mr.1-2 wants to play, we will tie and 1-2 will not get in to the top-cut.

Er, problem in a rule. What if someone is willing to play, but the other person doesn't show up. Do we both have to tie the match? If so, this is very unhelpful. Because...

If I'm 3-0 and my opponenent is REALLY good and 1-2, and I'm gone because I don't want him/her in the finals, yet mr.1-2 wants to play, we will tie and 1-2 will not get in to the top-cut.

You and your opponent have a week to settle a time. If you decide to not play that match then you forfeit the match. However if you are 3-0 and in the last swiss round, you won't be playing a 1-2 player, you'll play someone with the same record. That's how it will always work until the Top Cut rounds. No ties at all.

Archived