November Community Update - discussion thread

TPCi_Mathis

Honestly, I really think we need a month where the developers focus on fixing what we have instead of introducing more content. Nothing from Boundaries crossed has been touched as far as I can tell, which is more than a little discouraging. I miss the weekly bug fixes we used to get when version 2.0 was new. I hope all the major bugs will get taken care of with a month of time to really focus on them.

I'm also super excited that formats will finally be implamented! Though, I do have one major concern, PLEASE make sure that legal cards from older sets are playable. I'm talking about reprinted cards like switch, super scoop up, and plus power from the HGSS sets. I'm really worried that all cards from HGSS-COL will simply recieve a flat ban. Lots of player (like me), have our playsets of those trainers from the older sets, and implamenting a flat ban would completely cripple our ability to play in modified with perfectly legal modified decks.

Once again, great to hear that the developers are addressing the biggest concerns amongst the players :).

Also echoing Ninjadethstrike in the aspect of please ensure the development team is aware HGSS cards that have reprints in modified should also be playable.

And finally a quick question - what is the progress of the Avatar Creator? By no means am I suggesting that it should be prioritised over Play Styles, quite the opposite, but as it had been started it would be nice to know where-abouts in production it is.

A small update perhaps, but one that's very wanted. Those who want to play in the limited format now finally can, but I'm especially fond of the theme deck option: much more interesting decks than any anyone uses, and it practically guarantees a rather balanced match (even when pitching the weakest deck vs the strongest, it's still anyone's game).

However, for us who unlocked the free theme decks during the time Online V2 was still being produced, the free decks are still not unlocked in Online. Would it be possible that the fix for this would also come live with this update, so we can really use any theme deck we want? Or is there still no fix at the moment? And it would also be nice if Basic Yellow got moved there as well, rather than being in the custom deck list only.

It will be a great christmas gift if we are able to select the format type we want to play by months end. Really was hoping to here more about gems, tornament mode and some other things but def looking forward to the announced goals for the month.

Thanks for the update. I guess my request for an update was just a little early.

I love the current version. We have little lag, almost all the features, and less bugs overall then we have had in the past.

A new update that fixes the small stuff would be nice. The only bug I need to have fixed is the lack of auto friending of parent to child accounts. My daughters account is dead right now as I cannot trade directly with here or friend battle with her.

Thank-you, Mods, QA, development and pokemon for the current version we have.

Thanks for the update! I'm glad it'll prevent players from using cards like Interviewer's Questions in Expert Battles to get Special Energies out of their deck.

Im glad to here about the update.However,I hope that in modified we will still be able to use what ever cards we need to make a balanced strong deck.Ive made decks that keep up with other peoples idea of rotation.Howerver again i hope we will be able to use the cards we want in the modified version of the release.Especially since im in matts elite 4 now.Ive been working on perfecting a newer and more powerful rotation deck.But as too the normal decks i still love playing the mix of all cards.But thats just my oppinion.Thats my style.I dont believe in limitting ones decks.

Well till we meet in battle or in trade later all.

Im glad to here about the update.However,I hope that in modified we will still be able to use what ever cards we need to make a balanced strong deck.Ive made decks that keep up with other peoples idea of rotation.Howerver again i hope we will be able to use the cards we want in the modified version of the release.Especially since im in matts elite 4 now.Ive been working on perfecting a newer and more powerful rotation deck.But as too the normal decks i still love playing the mix of all cards.But thats just my oppinion.Thats my style.I dont believe in limitting ones decks.

Well till we meet in battle or in trade later all.

Modified by definition will be BW-on. That's just what it is. The game will just be following the offical list for modified, tournament legal decks. There will still be unlimited where you can use any card though.

Awesome update!

Thanks for fixing the missing icons glitch I submitted, as well as re-ordering the packs by date in the shop and including a highlight feature for the currently selected pack.

It's backend improvements like these that really make me feel proud to be a part of such a great Pokémon game and community. :D

Archived