My first booster pack! :D

Nathalie157

I know this might not seem important to you, but I just bought my first real-life Pokemon TCG Booster Pack! I read in a topic on the forum that some shops already sell the Black and White theme decks, so I went to a shop to see if they had any of the new ones. Well, they didn't, but I was already there so I bought a Call of Legends Booster Pack with 10 cards inside. I am so happy. I couldn't wait to get home and check them out. I got an Eevee, Flareon, Vulpix, Magikarp, Ninetales, Cyndaquil, Professor Elm's Training Method, Research Record, Phanpy, and Cheerleader's Cheer! I know I don't have any energy card. But I also have a question. When I will buy one of the theme decks, will I get a pre-made deck? If yes, that would be awesome as I have 2 great fire-type Pokemon! Please reply!

Hi! Congrats on getting your first booster - they're very exciting to open, and it looks like you got decent cards! Theme decks contain a pre-made deck (the card contents are usually listed on the back), so each Red Frenzy deck, for example, will contain exactly the same cards. Thus you can easily choose the type of deck you want! Based on the good fire cards you drew I would get Red Frenzy, which is the fire type deck featuring Emboar.

I've been having to restrain myself from buying one of the preview tins every friday when I go to my FLGS to play Magic: The Gathering. I'm planning to pick up 2 of the theme decks though, and probably all three... I haven't played the Pokemon TCG since Base Set 2!

Yes, each starter deck contains all the necessities to play, such as energy, supporters, and Pokemon.

Supporters aren't a necessity?

Not a bad pull. The Call of Legends set is definitely a great way to get your collection started. Look for the HeartGold SoulSilver, HS: Unleashed, HS: Undaunted and HS: Triumphant sets as well. They have some very powerful cards, and the theme decks from those sets are good as well. If you're interested in playing with the very new stuff, look for the new theme decks from Black and White, or check Pokemon.com for a pre-release event near you where you can get many booster packs and meet other players.

Yes, each starter deck contains all the necessities to play, such as energy, supporters, and Pokemon.

Supporters aren't a necessity?

They are if you like to win games...

^ Supporters are very important to keep a deck running. Supporters/trainers are what you could consider as the "engine" of the deck since it help draw/search the cards that you need. Any ways on topic, you got a decent pull from your first pack good job. I still remember my first rare I got with my first booster pack way back in base set days witch was hitmonchan.

Supporters such as Roseanne's research, or Bebe's search were immensely useful and vital to the deck, but after being rotated out, im not too sure which supporters are as important.

For drawing power, you need a Uxie, nuff said. Claydol would've done, but that's been removed as well annoyingly.

I think that there needs to be a product that includes random cards from the previous 8 sets, and at least 10 energy of each type. This product is for people who like to build decks from scratch, rather than buying a theme deck, which has fixed cards.

I don't want the theme decks to be abolished, just add a new product for those who like to build decks from scratch. Usually theme decks are bought for the energy, and the rest of the cards may or may not be used. I think if people are going to buy theme decks just for the energy, especially Ember Spark and Nightfall, which is always selling out at the time, because they are the only decks that have fire, lightning, darkness, and metal energy, I think they should be given an option to get some energy without buying multiples of cards they don't want.

From all the compiltaion packs that I have seen, all of them don't provide you with energy. Only the theme decks do.

Speaking of boosters. So far, I cracked 3 call of legends. All 3 had a clefairy. Not only that, I also have the Recon theme deck. 2 more clefairies. Now I have 5 clefairies. Oh well, it isn't like I have a lot of the same card, ahem, ahem, Magic eighth edition grizzly bears.

I remember the first time I bought my booster pack...well, I actually bought a Starter Kit first (Royal Frost! I just had to have Piplup, Prinplup, and Empoleon). Right after that I went out to get a booster pack-Diamond and Pearl. On the Supporter note--I actually love to collect them just because I love the artwork on them (esspecially from Ken Sugimori), but anyway I think they really help the deck esspecially when you're in need of drawing cards.

I also remember my first booster....I got a holo foil Blastoise from the first set! (or was that the 2nd pack?) (never mind) ------ It's fun when new players gets intressed in pokemon because of this program. Thx to the guy/s who created it!

• 2 months later...

Archived