trading: worst thing that has happened yet

neobubblez

ever since trading has been incorporated into the game, I've seen far too much degenerate behavior... People are more wrapped up in trading than in actually playing the game. Also, for newer players, it presents a new exciting element to the game(which is well and good) but it also presents far too many opportunities for people to take advantage of the newcomer's lack of experience.

In an attempt to remedy this, I believe that not only should there be an ELO system of rating for pvp games, but for chat and trade as well. This will allow players to interact on a more favorable level and promote all of the new systems that this game has implemented/put into development. For those of you that think trading is the best thing to have happen on this game, I have one word to describe you: opportunistic. Please, don't be that guy/girl, make this a fun environment for all, not just yourselves! Thanks for your consideration.

The bubbly one

Hi neobubblez!

I appreciate your feedback on the trading system. Just like the other components and features of the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online Downloadable Client, the trading feature may see updates and some possible improvements in the future. Remember that your feedback is helpful with knowing what is working with a feature and what may need little improvement.

Professor Watermelon

"There is no knowledge that is not Power"

From what ive been seeing neo the trading is just fine.I will agree there are some improvements could be made or a few adjustments and to the binders.However;from the actuall trading aspect i believe that experience is the best practice to gain trading knowledge.And alot of the new players are just watching and learning and learning quickly.If you take this away how will they really learn.As the quote from Prof Watermelon;knowledge is power.And the only way to gain knowledge and wisdome is through experience.Sounds more like your trying to protect yourself then trying to help others.Others can gain valuable knowledge through trading.Not only the trading aspect but more of what each card they get and need for their deck and be a more powerful player.So in this way theyre learning in 2 ways instead of one.Making them a good battler.Im not trying to ruffle any feathers here its just the truth as i see it.Later.

I have thought about what i said earlier and normally i do not give reasons for my logic and descissions.This one time however;im going to back up what i said earlier.I started here almost 1 year ago.When i started i didnt know much about the tcgo at all.I sure didnt know much about trading.In that time which seems a lifetime ago.I learned a great many things.And along the way ive helped out many a trainer along the way and vice versa.Made a great many friends along the way that are all great battlers as well.Each with his or her own style.This is something that i believe others should experience as well.And learn their own battle style and their own true strength.If this is something that you would take away from others being able to experience then so be it.Do what you will.I believe these are valuable things for new players to experience.Each individual should make his or her own descission.Later all.Stay strong.

You're never gonna see that happen. It's a fact that every trading card game is gonna have inexperienced players making bad trades. It happens to everyone and you can't remedy it.

• 2 weeks later...
I have thought about what i said earlier and normally i do not give reasons for my logic and descissions.This one time however;im going to back up what i said earlier.I started here almost 1 year ago.When i started i didnt know much about the tcgo at all.I sure didnt know much about trading.In that time which seems a lifetime ago.I learned a great many things.And along the way ive helped out many a trainer along the way and vice versa.Made a great many friends along the way that are all great battlers as well.Each with his or her own style.This is something that i believe others should experience as well.And learn their own battle style and their own true strength.If this is something that you would take away from others being able to experience then so be it.Do what you will.I believe these are valuable things for new players to experience.Each individual should make his or her own descission.Later all.Stay strong.

I'm not suggesting that anything be taken away.... You have clearly misunderstood what I'm implying, all I'm suggesting is that an ELO system be put into place, so that as players grow from their own "group" they will start interacting with a different "tier" of player, one's that are perhaps more experienced, plus it incentivizes good play gives another sort of achievement line for players to follow. So quite simply understand this: I wouldn't want players to have anything less than what real life would have to offer and to wish for that to happen flies in the face of advancement. But all things in moderation i suppose, I guess we can't have everything we want all at once now can we?

So you want people who who only have the basic decks and maybe a few packs what they were gonna trade for some packs / open and sell what they got to get 1 good deck. You want them not to be able to trade with people... won't this just annoy them as they won't be able to get any good cards and will just be stuck with some rubbish decks versing people who have really good decks, and even if it was an equal fight people get bored using rubbish decks...

I'm not suggesting that anything be taken away.... You have clearly misunderstood what I'm implying, all I'm suggesting is that an ELO system be put into place, so that as players grow from their own "group" they will start interacting with a different "tier" of player, one's that are perhaps more experienced, plus it incentivizes good play gives another sort of achievement line for players to follow. So quite simply understand this: I wouldn't want players to have anything less than what real life would have to offer and to wish for that to happen flies in the face of advancement. But all things in moderation i suppose, I guess we can't have everything we want all at once now can we?

so at my local league, whenever a kid who never trades needs a darkrai, i should tell him he's not on my tier and to go trade with someone else. makes sense.

In the OP's defence, the people who always put up ripoff trade offers @public to get a few packs profit each top tier card are being all snide against him lol. The first reply is the best one - Pokemon 'Trading' Card Game. Sorry OP - there's a point in your post though which is that way too many people are putting up terribad trades @ public which goes against the trading bit of the game, because no one is going to accept these trades except people who don't know the prices. These offers do nothing but spam up public trade with deals that are a waste of time to check them out. I'm against your suggestion but don't see a solution for reducing the amount of ripoff traders who definitely know what they are doing either.

• 2 years later...

Hey, how do you avoid those annoying little kids that want to give you terrible trades or even asks for cards like ex's and wont leave you alone? I want to yell at them but their harassing me. its so annoying!!

Hey, how do you avoid those annoying little kids that want to give you terrible trades or even asks for cards like ex's and wont leave you alone? I want to yell at them but their harassing me. its so annoying!!

To prevent clogging up the forums, reviving dead threads is prohibited. Just for future reference.

Hello! 

In order to maintain forum organization, posting in threads that have been inactive for more than 14 days is not permitted. Therefore I am closing this thread. 

Thanks!

Archived