Confusion about beta codes.

josh7799

Hey.

I've searched the forums about this and I've only gotten more confused. In order to gain access to the closed beta I need a code, which I can get from a booster pack, right? (Correct me if I'm wrong) But does every Black and white series pack come with a code? I know theres supposed to be a mark on the booster, but I was going to buy the booster (as well as a deck) online, but if only Black and white boosters with that red and white mark come with a code, then how would I know, just by looking online, that the one I'm buying is going to have a code?

Every booster box for black and white that I have seen has come with that red and white mark, but I've seen some people on the forums saying that it is only certain boxes that will have them or something. I'm just generally confused.

Can anybody properly inform me? Thanks.

Edit: Also, does it vary from country to country? I live in the UK, and could it be the case that you can only get the beta codes in the USA, for example?

• Not every Black and White booster has a code. Only the marked ones have codes, and you are more likely to find them at a local card store (not wal mart) or online.
  • If you want to buy them online, and don't know which online listings for the packs have codes, you can just contact the seller. Hope that helps.

• Not every Black and White booster has a code. Only the marked ones have codes, and you are more likely to find them at a local card store (not wal mart) or online.

• If you want to buy them online, and don't know which online listings for the packs have codes, you can just contact the seller. Hope that helps.

Yeah I was thinking this. I will start doing that now actually, thanks for your help :)

Yeah I was thinking this. I will start doing that now actually, thanks for your help :)

No problem. If you do choose to buy online, make sure you look at the seller's feedback to make sure they are a reliable seller, and try not to buy bulk amounts from one online seller.

No problem. If you do choose to buy online, make sure you look at the seller's feedback to make sure they are a reliable seller, and try not to buy bulk amounts from one online seller.

Yeah I've contacted a few on ebay, they all have 99% positive feedback or more. All I need is a couple packs. Thanks for your help.

pokecorner.com sells the beta codes seperat and they are only $.75 each. idk how that translates for the uk but thats not much less then a dollar here.

Hello Trainers!

We do not guarantee these pokemon codes will work. Make sure the codes you redeem are from Pokemon cards you purchased and opened yourself.

Prof_Tech

Robot Sky Pirate Moderator! YARGH!!

"Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right"

-Isaac Asimov

pokecorner.com sells the beta codes seperat and they are only $.75 each. idk how that translates for the uk but thats not much less then a dollar here.

Yeah I found some on ebay for $2 which can be emailed, and he's got a lot of positive feedback so it must work...#

People buy boxes and don't have anything to do with the codes I guess.

• 1 month later...

I can't get a redeem code, how i can get? Please help meee

I'm in the same boat, but I know that only certain packs have the code, which angers me and makes me feel like I am being punished for no reason at all. angry_smile.png

Hi!

Don't feel punished! D: We're not trying to punish anyone. Closed Beta is supposed to be a time of testing for a few lucky players. You could almost think of it as a golden ticket situation >.>. Have you checked your local hobby/comic book stores? Or if there's a Pokemon TCG league in your area I'm sure they should have the specially marked booster packs. More info on those here as well.

Also, don't forget that on August 31st, ALL boosters from the "Emerging Powers" series will contain codes, so they should be easier to find! ^_^

Stay cool!

Prof. Snow

Parasol Lady

"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that."

- Vash the Stampede

Archived