Miasma bug

LordTash

My computer has always had trouble with login prompts on this site, so I'm unable to log in on the support screen to submit a bug, so I'm pointing it out here. The other day while playing, Leafeon's Miasma attack hit a sleeping/poisoned Pichu. Due to the nature of Miasma, I assume that the fact that it needs to check whether Pichu is sleeping somehow overrides the check on Pichu's power.

That's not a glitch it clearly states if the Pokemon is asleep. Pichu's attack says it can't be hurt if it's sleeping but not that it can't be hit by an attack that effects sleeping Pokemon only.

If Pichu (or any of the basics with Sweet Sleeping Face ) is asleep then they are protected from attacks like Miasma wind. (Only a small number of atttacks can ignore Sweet Sleeping face and miasma Wind is not one of them)

For Miasma Wind you would count the number of special conditions (one) to calculate the damage done (50x1) and then fail to do that damage to the pokemon because of the protective effect of Sweet Sleeping Face.

So LordTash is correct and Its a bug/error if his sleeping Pichu was damaged by Leafeon's Miasma Wind.

Take into consideration if your opponent changed your baby's status to something other than sleep (Sometimes I click through all of those pop-ups so fast that I don't know what is happening). Did he/she have any other pokemon that could affect your pichu's status?

If I were your opponent, and if the conditions were right, I would have changed your baby pokemon's status to confused with my roselia so I can get a quick kill.

yea i use roserade all the time to wake a baby pokemon up, And its very likly that a leafeon deck would have a roserade

What is that list of moves that circumvent Sweet Sleeping Face? As an avid user of it myself it would be nice to know.

What is that list of moves that circumvent Sweet Sleeping Face? As an avid user of it myself it would be nice to know.

Things like T-tar prime (UL) with it's power claw which ignores poke-beodies. There are a few out there, and if you search through card scans you'll probably learn a lot =)

Archived