Trading system design

Ade4265

I noticed that the trading visuals look a little plain and people get confused between "Offered" and "Giving"

Because of this confusion, some people actually try and trick people into giving them rare cards for free.

I created this to give you an idea of what the trading system probably should look like in order to look more attractive and straight forward. Horizontal looks much easier to grasp.

createoffercopy.jpg

I think after you click "accept" on a trade, it should say...

Example:

Are you sure you want to accept? You will be receiving (Weepinbell, Victreebell, Carnivine, Caterpie) [4 cards]

[blank] will get your (Sawsbuck x2, Hoppip card )

=======

That should make it clear for anyone so they cant be scammed into losing there cards for free.

<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"> </div>

The one at the bottom should always represent [you]. Just like when you trade on the DS games.

Offers you make are going up to the player on the internet and offers you receive are coming down to you from internet if you could understand what I mean.

And receiving/countering offer.

receivedoffercopy.jpg

receivedoffercountercop.jpg

i cant trade donno how to and need desperatedly some cards help me out please!! also the trade systems seems a lill bit to comppplex jejeje atleast for slow ppl like me :P

To learn how to trade, visit the pinned "Trading FAQ" located in the "Trading" forum for an illustrated tutorial.

Hey!

This is actually pretty cool! I've taken note of this topic. Keep the suggestions and feedback coming guys! You rock!

Prof. Snow

Parasol Lady

"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that." - Vash the Stampede

Where is the counter offer button? We still ned that!

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS!

Well, I take you mean you can write something (not just select cards), right?

So annoying to have a trade offer rejected with absolutely no idea what to offer then. Usually results in just giving up. But if instead we got told "do you have X or Y? Or an unspecific card with a requirement", DO WANT!

I was just in a situation that showed another good use of being able to counteroffer. Someone didn't know how to request cards from me, only to put cards up for trade. I could've just accepted of course (yes, I was 100% sure he offered cards, not requested, definitely NOT a scam), but I decided to not. However, even after explaining (which was probably a bad explanation because NO ONE was in my trade list so I couldn't take a reference!), he still didn't understand. And so, a potential good trade did not commence because I had to be Mr. Nice Guy... If I could've counter-offered (putting up the cards he wanted), that would've fixed everything (as said, NO ONE was in my list. Not even him).

Though both the lobby system and the trade system of names not showing up were factors contributing to it as well, of course.

Hi all

when making a counter offer why not have the new trade start off with the current trade offer on the screen

then you can add or remove cards from each side to make the counter offer

this would save trying to remember all the cards in the original trade, especially if there was a lot of cards

Hi all

when making a counter offer why not have the new trade start off with the current trade offer on the screen

then you can add or remove cards from each side to make the counter offer

this would save trying to remember all the cards in the original trade, especially if there was a lot of cards

Yes, this is what I included in the design.

I like the idea, but I think it would work better inbetween accept and decline. So Accept , Counter , Decline

But after you click accept you still need a confirmation message because one could have made a mistake or something

And if you put reject/accept an offer you should be able to put a side-note

Rejected Example: Sorry, you don't have anything I'm looking for...

Accepted Example: Thanks a billion! I really needed those cards!

AND we need the option to block annoying traders who keep spamming trades and asking for all of our primes

I love the idea of being able to add/give feedback on an offer and counter it. The only problem I see with it is that someone could see that the person really wants their card(s) (like if someone offered two primes for a holo or card they really needed for battle) and decide that even though it's a beyond fair offer, to ask for even more just because they know they can get it out of them. Than the other person would either accept and get ripped off or they wouldn't accept and everyone would go home with nothing, wheras the other person would have simply accepted the more than fair trade.

Other than that one small thing, this is a great idea and I love the design you made. Great job!

AND we need the option to block annoying traders who keep spamming trades and asking for all of our primes

The easy way to counter that is to not put it up for trade and only offer them out for the cards you want ;)

And with the way trades are working and not going out to the correct people, you may block an innocent person who was trying to do a predetermined trade with someone else. You may not like the trade but thats what the intended person may have wanted for it!

I agree, I did my first trade a couple days ago where a guy gave me a gyrados for free and i could not tell if he was being nice or trying to scam me, luckily i figured out he was being nice by the fact that i did not have a gyrados :)

I agree, I did my first trade a couple days ago where a guy gave me a gyrados for free and i could not tell if he was being nice or trying to scam me, luckily i figured out he was being nice by the fact that i did not have a gyrados :)

Actually, I think that was me lol. Or at least it sounds like me. I remember battling someone and after the match gave them one!

Archived