Format with no legendaries?

ImpishX

If this doesn't exist, it needs to. It feels VERY cheap to fight with decks of nothing but legendary pokemon. Especially when you're trying to play with a legit deck with real basic to stage 2 pokemon.

Why isn't there a rule in the first place that limits legendaries? Or is there one??? The cards aren't too overpowered on their own but when you can just stack them? It's ridiculous and it completely ruins the game.

this is how the game works.... you try to build the best deck you can that is most consistent and for your play style... i have a big problem with people complaining about other people's cards being overpowered or stacked... personally i have plenty of exs, legendaries, and primes and i am not going to not use them because you dont have these cards... on another note, if you send me a friend request i will glady accept and when trading comes back online i would be happy to trade you some top cards

I happen to also agree withe last statement by 88.What good would come from your idea of banning legendaries.Come on its how this game is.This game isnt about just using power,which ive noticed as of late;those are the type of decks people are using.And,trying to overwhelm their opponent and get them to quit.Now ive had to quit a few times because my computer was freezing up.But,without that problem i dont and stand my ground to the end.This game is about strategy and building decks that are an extension of you.Building decks of different types.Not limiting your self to any one style.Just because others have cards you dont have is no reason at the current format for anyone to stop using whatever lengends they have that you dont.I made made a similar statement in another page.Learn to hang with what you have or stay in novice till you get the cards you need.And as 88 says ill trade with anyone when trading is back up;help those i can in real need;and be friends with anyone till we meet in battle.Well you get the idea.Point is no one can help you right now except yourself.Help yourself first.Then when trading is back on others will help to trade.Read the forum page u use out of rotation cards u cheat page.I stated more clearly what things boil down to if you have any real serious interest at improving your game.

I'm not complaining because I dont' have legendaries. I'm complaining because they simply ruin the fun of the game. There's nothing fun about slapping down what's basically a stage 2 pokemon every single turn, then attempting to insta kill your opponent's card. Even if I had a full legendary deck, I wouldn't WANT to use it because it wouldn't be as fun. Not even close.

The game is a LOT more fun when you go from basic to stage 2 pokemon legitimately. There's -definately- more strategy in it.

Also I never said get rid of legendaries, I just want a seperate format option for people who want to play with non legendary decks. With current format and without a second option, legendaries make every non legendary cards worthless in the highest level play. And that is extremely lame.

Well it looks like this game is unplayable until they either add that feature in or until I can start adding people who are willing to make non legendary decks to friends.

The game was simple enough without being able to summon stage 2-like pokemon on the first turn. With it, any strategy becomes void. There's no starting weak and building up. There's just boom stage 2, fight, game over, the end. No matter who wins, it was an uninteresting and typical game. Honestly not worth playing.

You know impishX people will run whatever cards they wish to run.We are still in beta after all.This wont be changed untill everything on here is running 100%.That means Chat room and Trading back up.Then when they have time,they will put up the rest of it when they have the time.

As for for me ill run what i feel like running,and so will others.I mean i have like 13 different decks and have i think 2 more in mind when i geet the cards for them.And when it comes to setting up for legendaries you forget that Zoroark hast to be run normally.Its not a basic.So there are legendaries that must be set up from basic forms.People run the basic forms as one stated up top,however;trainers will do what they wish.I will at least.Well good luck with your idea and later.

I honestly have to agree with ImpishX. Pokemon EXs are definitely taking the fun out of the game, especially if you try to use Basic to Stage 2 decks like myself for a decent challenge. Doesn't get better when you try playing in the Beginner mode and people are spamming with high powered EX decks. I would like to see a format option where EXs are EX-cluded. (See what I did there?)

yup. it's so much more fun when you use pokemon like that, basic to stage 2. every time i battle someone with abunch of ex cards and legendary pokemon, it's over in like, 2 turns. where's the fun in that? ex and legendary pokemon are great, and everything. just not when your battling against someone with a weaker deck. ppl with those kinds of decks should battle in expert, not novice. and i vote for there being a new format like that.

The only balance issue I see with EX Pokemon are that they are considered Basics. Cards like Prism Energy, Dual Ball, Eviolite, etc. still affect them. Slaking, which is supposed to be a late-game heavy hitter, can't do anything to them because his ability prevents damaging Basics.

You could always set up your own tournament with no legendaries as a rule.

It's not helpful to have too many formats. It reduces the chance of playing lots of different players. Whilst legendaries like Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem, Rayquaza, Terrakion NV, EXs and a few others do eclipse a lot of other cards, a format without them won't necessarily be more exciting. I mean, I personally am not a big fan of having so many legendaries dominate the format, but without them you might just be playing Fluffychomp all the time which will more often than not eat you alive just as much as decks with 'legendaries'.

I have disussed this topic on so many levels and so many pages im going to finally say this.Ex cards are going to be around for along time.I run alot of different types of decks.15 different types.Ex cards are there for serious back up but theyre not my main attackers.People are so focussed on ex cards they're loosing site of other serious attckers.2nd,this is still beta.And finally im going to run what ever deck types i want till the game is finish and we have a finall version formatt.Its not right to tell others what cards they should or shouldnt use.

This argument or statement is just about the cards you dont have and cards that others do have.I may have cards that some dont and others have cards i dont.Do you see me squalking because i dont have the cards they do.No!It just means i need to think more strategically and recalibrate my decks so they become stronger.Its called a challenge!And thats whats makes this game fun is the different challenges that come up to find a way through them head on.Both through strategy,balance,and power.All of this makes this great.

Later

yup. it's so much more fun when you use pokemon like that, basic to stage 2. every time i battle someone with abunch of ex cards and legendary pokemon, it's over in like, 2 turns. where's the fun in that? ex and legendary pokemon are great, and everything. just not when your battling against someone with a weaker deck. ppl with those kinds of decks should battle in expert, not novice. and i vote for there being a new format like that.

legendaries and exs can help make decks.darkrai ex and hydreigon is agreat deck with exs .max potions and use dark trance to move the energies and move them back after you use max potion.people make their decks how they like using it.it wouldnt be fun without exs and legendaries, tons of decks will be ruined, i dont like this saying but i have to. it dosent matter if you lose or win ,all that matters that you have fun. i know it wont be fun.its just a game

Sooo I don't know how many times I'm going to have to say, I don't care if YOU play with your legendary cards with other people who WANT to fight with legendary decks. I just want a format where I don't have to play with you when you're using full legendary decks. I want to play against people who choose to not use legendaries. Simple as that. It doesn't hurt anyone.

By saying it'll lower the pool of people for you to play against, you're basically saying that you will no longer be able to stomp people who choose to not use legendaries. The queue times will not be changed much if at all from what they are now.

The way this game is currently set up, there are 2 definite ways to play. With or without legendary decks. When you force the two groups together, it pushes one group down to the point where there's no reason for them to even try to play a legit game. We shouldn't be forced to play in a way we don't want.

Sooo I don't know how many times I'm going to have to say, I don't care if YOU play with your legendary cards with other people who WANT to fight with legendary decks. I just want a format where I don't have to play with you when you're using full legendary decks. I want to play against people who choose to not use legendaries. Simple as that. It doesn't hurt anyone.

By saying it'll lower the pool of people for you to play against, you're basically saying that you will no longer be able to stomp people who choose to not use legendaries. The queue times will not be changed much if at all from what they are now.

The way this game is currently set up, there are 2 definite ways to play. With or without legendary decks. When you force the two groups together, it pushes one group down to the point where there's no reason for them to even try to play a legit game. We shouldn't be forced to play in a way we don't want.

[/quote.] and im just gonna share this that pawniards are dangerous to i ment the dark type one from nv.i koed a marrep on my first turn with 4 heads and i got the first turn in the game and i donked for the first time

But here's the thing: the learning curves for EX (and other "legendary") cards and the learning curves for simpler cards are way different. A novice can use EX cards to beat simpler cards without any experience because EX cards are powerful. An expert can use EX cards to beat simpler cards because they have experience AND EX cards are powerful. An expert can use simpler cards to beat EX cards but they have much experience, even if EX cards are powerful. But a novice cannot use simpler cards to beat EX cards because they have too little experience and EX cards are pretty strong outright.

As a new player, you become skilled with time and experience. But if you keep running into these EX players, it's discouraging and difficult to play. Novice mode is implemented to circumvent this, but novice mode is FULL of people with EX (and "legendary") cards who either

a) are actually new, but have EX cards and are therefore inherently stronger with no experience

B) not new at all and preying on novices for some reason

and that sucks. And shouldn't happen. The use of EX cards shouldn't be suspended, but there should at least be an option to let actual new and not-quite-lucky players get on their feet before they take on the big game. And there isn't.

A good suggestion would to be able to ban cards as a matchmaking filter. As in: be able to say when finding a partner that *this card* (or type of card) is not in my deck, and shouldn't be in the deck of the play with which I am matched. It isn't exploitable because it's a bilateral agreement, and no person has an advantage with the filter.

Here's the thing Hatrackhotel,when trainers especially new trainers get their hands on these new cards,theyre going to use them just to see what all the hype is about.As you stated,There's knowing how to use a card;and their is knowing how to play a card.So,they practice to get better.And others use novice to test new decks.Same goes for expert.Your going to run into this problem for some time to come.Just have fun and enjoy the game for the game.

Good luck.

Here's the thing Hatrackhotel,when trainers especially new trainers get their hands on these new cards,theyre going to use them just to see what all the hype is about.As you stated,There's knowing how to use a card;and their is knowing how to play a card.So,they practice to get better.And others use novice to test new decks.Same goes for expert.Your going to run into this problem for some time to come.Just have fun and enjoy the game for the game.

Good luck.

That post was completely incoherent and it didn't seem like you actually read or understood anything I wrote. I don't think you get how several things work and unfortunately I can't really make what I said any simpler. Sorry.

There is no way you can sit there and say that a guy using a legendary deck fighting a guy with a regular basic->2 deck doesn't have a horribly obvious advantage. There is just no way. And that still doesn't erase the fact that some of us just plain do not want to use legendary cards. I have several in my virtual collection. But I don't want to play them, so let me fight other people who feel the same way.

Archived