Frustration

ilucid

I'm getting very frustrated by people who are losing, then don't do anything for like 2 hours+ untill I ragequit. This has happened to me about 5 times during the past few days and a couple of users do it ALL the time. It's like, we start a game, we play for half an hour, that person stalls for 2 hours and I quit, I start another game and have to play against the same person and he stalls me again untill I quit. I know some users play very annoying decks, but at the moment I don't do that, actually.

One time, some one had been stalling me out for over 40 minutes. I got so annoyed that I started spamming chatmessages (I know that's not the right thing to do either, I just got really mad. This was when receiving a chatmessage still produced sound, btw). Then that person actually reported me and I received a warning because I spammed.

This all makes wonder why I'm still here, probably because my sister plays the game and gives her codecards to me, so I can actually make a couple of nice decks (though no EX's or rare cards). Pokemon's mostly a nostalgic experience for me though, so I might just quit alltogether and play something else.

I know a lot of people are asking about a time limit to make people concede automatically if they haven't done anything for 5 minutes/30 minutes/1hour, but if that's not going to happen I wanna hereby ask people to not be so childish and just freaking concede if you don't wanna play anymore. I'm sure it's not just ruining the experience for me.

Strange, I thought there is an automatic concede option for idling for a few minutes. I was unable to make a move due to a bug with Landorus and the game made me lose automatically after around 3 minutes of not being able to do anything.

why would you wait 2 hours?

if you notice he is AFK just forfeit. Since there is no reward at all, nor for winning nor for losing, it doesnt matter if you forfeit or not. Only reason to play is to have fun and it doesnt sound like you are having that.

Strange, I thought there is an automatic concede option for idling for a few minutes. I was unable to make a move due to a bug with Landorus and the game made me lose automatically after around 3 minutes of not being able to do anything.

Yeah, this happened a couple of times with me. The person wouldn't do anything for a couple of minutes and it gave me the win. I didn't even know this was an option.

But 2 hours? Jeez. And to think I get impatient with people who take a minute or 2 per turn.

Yeah that is strange. About 4 or 5 times I have won a match because the opponent was idle for too long, and it was only a few minutes or so.

The game automatically said I won and the little explanation thing said "Opponent ran out of time" or something to that effect.

But another reason I would find it hard to believe someone stalled for 2 hours is because each player has a 25 min game clock that would surely run out if they were stalling.

I'm thinking your games were glitched or something.

^

Yeah, the most I could see a game taking is 50 minutes.

My pet peeve is when people take forever to take their prize card. Just pick one and take it! As far as they know, any card could be that mewtwo EX they need to win the game.

Each game has a time limit of 25 minutes, after it runs out whoever has time left wins

If they disconnect, you get a automatic win after 2 minutes

If you did play for 2 hours (which means the time limit would show as 0) it means there was a bug

I don't think time limits apply in friend battles. That might be it.

If it was a friend battle, then just make better friends lol.

Maybe novice game isn't timed?

Actually, I think that if the timer is able to go down without someone doing anything for more than 5 minutes, the game is frozen.

The opponent is not trying to stall. The game has just frozen and neither player can move. Whoever's turn it was when the game froze has the timer go down.

I just had a mirror Fluffychomp rematch and then the other person suddenly stopped moving and their timer went down. I couldn't type anything in the chat, and when the timer reached 0, nothing happened either. I couldn't even successfully forfeit and had to close down the program using Ctrl + Del.

And for the people who take ages to take a prize card, I don't think it's taking ages to choose. I think sometimes it just takes a while to notice that you have to take a prize, especially if the other person takes a while to send in their switch-in.

^This is what it is.

The program can unexpectedly stop at any time. If someone hasn't made a move for a few minutes, try Forfeiting. If the game doesn't end after you click Yes, then you know it froze.

Archived