Not impressed with amount of bugs in Beta.

mgcurto

After playing a few matches on the new Beta that came out August 23, I am very dissapointed to see the amount of major bugs that have been presented.

Bugs such as:

- When using Musharna's Poke-Power, the card gets discarded half the of the time, instead of going into your hand.

- You sometimes miss picking up a prize card after you knock-out a Pokemon!

These things are happening because Pokemon TCG would rather have the players QA their game for free, instead of them hiring their own employees to play these games to find and address these very common and obvious bugs. Which causes us, the players, frustration and lack of interest towards the game.

Shame on your Pokemon TCG.

yeah, best is just to stay away from the game for a few months and then return.

Will only cause frustration and anger to yourself if you keep playing yourself. Besids without rewards or trading, there is no point to play anyway.

would you rather not play and wait a few months or maybe up to a year for a stable release, or would you rather them give it to you now and you can help speed up the patching progress?

@ gravybeast. I would rather wait a few months. By the time we do get a stable full functioning release, it will be a year regardless.

:o Who would have known that the beta would have bugs....

Unless you're not aware, the purpose of a beta is for people to test for bugs, and report them so they can be fixed, it's why so many developers have open and closed betas, because a lot of people can find more bugs than what a smaller team could in thedevelopers, whining about the amount of bugs in the game is somewhat useless considering you should expect bugs, so instead of complaining report the bugs instead and be useful.

Unless you're not aware, the purpose of a beta is for people to test for bugs, and report them so they can be fixed, it's why so many developers have open and closed betas, because a lot of people can find more bugs than what a smaller team could in thedevelopers, whining about the amount of bugs in the game is somewhat useless considering you should expect bugs, so instead of complaining report the bugs instead and be useful.

@Alexc26. If Pokemon really wanted to make us happy and reward us for helping, they would give us a large amount of free booster packs or something of that nature, just like they did when Pokemon TCG online first came out. Yet they want us to pay for a product that is faulty, and also that we are doing work for them for free. Explain how this is justifiable Alexc26?

@Alexc26. If Pokemon really wanted to make us happy and reward us for helping, they would give us a large amount of free booster packs or something of that nature, just like they did when Pokemon TCG online first came out. Yet they want us to pay for a product that is faulty, and also that we are doing work for them for free. Explain how this is justifiable Alexc26?

I assume you're new to gaming in general ? Open betas such as this aren't uncommon, it allows people to play the game, it is then also easier for bugs to be found for the developers to fix, if it was just the developers testing it then they might not find as many bugs as an open beta would, also having an open beta allows feedback from people, it's not a stage of the game where it's released and you can really play it for fun and expect all the features to be in it and everything to be working.

If you're not happy with how the beta is currently, then just stop playing and wait for the release ?

I assume you're new to gaming in general ? Open betas such as this aren't uncommon, it allows people to play the game, it is then also easier for bugs to be found for the developers to fix, if it was just the developers testing it then they might not find as many bugs as an open beta would, also having an open beta allows feedback from people, it's not a stage of the game where it's released and you can really play it for fun and expect all the features to be in it and everything to be working.

If you're not happy with how the beta is currently, then just stop playing and wait for the release ?

I agree with Alexc26. I mean lets just be greatful they released something. I dunno about you guys but I have been spending a lot of time playing since the release because I'm actually really enjoying it. Sure it has its bugs, but really the only one that bothers me is the rescue scarf/energy bug where to don't get a prize for knocking them out. But even that doesn't come along every game and its only cost me a win once.

The game is fun, its all recreational matches. I would understand your frustration if these were ranked matches, but they are not. They are to have fun playing against others and learning new strategies. You are free to stop playing at any time.

Its a beta, deal with it.

I agree with gravybeast and Alexc26, were here to speed up the process and help them to make the game the best possible. No one is forcing you to play, so you don't have to be negative about the game. A lot of us want the game even if we can't trade right away, cause we all wanna play the game. If you prefer waiting a few months or a year till the game is all clean, then you just have to stop playing and come back later

Also we are not exactly paying to play this game. The cost of booster packs didn't go up when the code cards were introduced inside them. You are still getting what you paid for in pokemon cards, with the added bonus of a TCGO code card.

<div>Hello guys,

</div>

<div>At first, I would like to express my pleasure to see the community participating in making this game and environment fantastic and enjoyable.

</div>

<div>I believe that the idea should be discussed and the opinion should be respected. Thank you Alex26 for explaining the importance of having an open beta, as mgcurto can express his opinion as freely everyone can, as long as we don't offend the others.</div>

<div> </div>

<div>The main purpose of the open beta is to help on making the game a fantastic adventure and experience for everybody. And that how it pays back every effort made by the community and the hard working Tech-Team.

Good Luck.</div>

<div> </div>

Do you not realize how long they've spent on this game? An issue like not being able to get a prize card is just as serious as losing a turn. Stuff like that should not be happening. The company could say "We are charging $20 a pack, and you have to pay $1 everytime you sign in".

Edited by Prof_HairPower:

Please guys, we would appreciate to keep this conversation and the entire environment clean. There is no need to disrespect the others and insult them. As I said before, the opinion should be respected, but, it can't be imposed.

Thank you every-body.

You guys sound like a bunch of idiots. Suckers more like it. Do you not realize how long they've spent on this game? An issue like not being able to get a prize card is just as serious as losing a turn. Stuff like that should not be happening. So stop trying to protect your precious little online game, because you worship them and respond to their every whim. The company could say "We are charging $20 a pack, and you have to pay $1 everytime you sign in" and you guys would follow like little monkeys will bell-hop hats and agree.

and the thread is closed

Do you not realize how long they've spent on this game? An issue like not being able to get a prize card is just as serious as losing a turn. Stuff like that should not be happening. So stop trying to protect your precious little online game, because you worship them and respond to their every whim. The company could say "We are charging $20 a pack, and you have to pay $1 everytime you sign in" and you guys would follow like little monkeys will bell-hop hats and agree.

Dude its a game, its not life or death.

Will only cause frustration and anger to yourself if you keep playing yourself. Besids without rewards or trading, there is no point to play anyway.

Thank-you! This user is cool.

please take their advice

please take their advice

Haha yes please

Yeah, some of the bugs are annoying.

Like how the active slot will often show a different pokemon than the one you have. There are a few other things too, but they are just minor annoyances imo.

Like how the active slot will often show a different pokemon than the one you have. There are a few other things too, but they are just minor annoyances imo.

How is not being able to draw a prize a 'minor annoyance'?

its a minor annoyance cause most people will not use the rescue scarf since they know its bugged. Version 2.0 just released we gotta give them a chance

I'm going to restate what I said earlier. It is only recreational play, that is why its only a minor annoyance. Its not like there are stakes on the line, like money or rewards. So you miss out on a prize or two, maybe it costs you the game, maybe it doesn't, but at the end of the day, its a game. Win or lose, you move on to the next one. Right now it seems to be affecting you a little too much. When ranked matches and tournaments start to come about, then you can be angry about unfixed bugs costing you games, but for now just enjoy the game. Either that or walk away from it.

Leonadter, you made a good point, thank-you.

Better then what most people said here about it being ok to have these huge faulty errors, which did not exist before.

I personally miss the flash browser game. It ran faster, and did not requre an install. Plus the interface was better.

Leonadter, you made a good point, thank-you.

Better then what most people said here about it being ok to have these huge faulty errors, which did not exist before.

I personally miss the flash browser game. It ran faster, and did not requre an install. Plus the interface was better.

The only thing I didn't like about that version was no full-screen capabilities haha.

I hear what you are saying about annoying bugs, because they are exactly that - annoying.

So I'm just hoping that when beta is over, the bugs end with it lol

Lets give the development team some time to fix the issues. The true test of the new system and new team will not be how bug free things are but how quickly they solve the issues.

On the other had we do not know if there are other bugs that need to be addressed more then the ones that we see.

So yes bug fixes and trading (of any form) as soon as possible please.

Archived