My feedback

burtyy

When I heard that the TPCi was making their own online TCG, I was ecstatic. No longer would we have to use inferior programs such as Redshark to play with others online. The fact that they would make their card game into an online game just comes to show how much they care about their community.

So far, I am very happy with the beta. The UI is very well done. The AI is actually pretty smart. We haven't been given access to the deck builder or the ability to play other humans yet, but so far it is looking very promising.

Here are some of the things I would suggest changing:

-The sound effects are a little weird, and can be somewhat of an annoyance. Thankfully, we are given the option to turn these off, but I would suggest improving them just a little.

-So far, I havent found a way to skip the animations. Sometimes, if I click on something else rapidly, the animation skips, but I don't know if that's a glitch or if it was put there intentionally. I suggest that any time the player clicks on the screen, the animation will be skipped.

-I love that whenever I hover my mouse over a card, a little "eye" shows up under it that I can click on and it will enlarge the card and allow me to examine it. That is SO useful. However, there are times when that option is not available.

For example, I was playing against a water deck with my grass deck. My opponent had a croconaw active with 40 HP left. On my bench was a Chikorita and a Caterpie, neither of whom had any energy. Before my opponent used his attack, he used a Pokemon Circulator, which forces me to switch my active Pokemon with one of my benched. If I had switched to Caterpie, I would have been able to attach one energy to him, and attacked my opponent's Croconaw for 40 (weakness) and knocked him out. However, when my opponent used the Pokemon Circulator, and I had to decide which benched Pokemon to switch, I was unable to zoom in on Croconaw to see whether he was weak to grass or water. So just to be safe, I made the wrong move and switched to Chikorita. Had I switched to Caterpie, I would have been able to KO his Croconaw in one turn. So long story short, I think we should be able to zoom in on ANY card at ANY time.

Other than these minor gripes, I think the game is great so far. I cannot wait until I get to play the final product.

"So far, I havent found a way to skip the animations. Sometimes, if I click on something else rapidly, the animation skips, but I don't know if that's a glitch or if it was put there intentionally. I suggest that any time the player clicks on the screen, the animation will be skipped."

This is not a glitch.***'s intentional. There is an option to set it off in game options in the lower left, along with the coin animations.

Edit: These options are found while actually playing the game, and apparently are saved so they are like that even after you quit.

I enjoy this beta as well, I hope we are able to edit our decks and earn more cards soon. All of these decks need more support cards and less pokemon.

Archived