Buying Packs Causes Crash

xervai

After attempting to add in 76 codes into the new client (Which by the way has problems with claiming after multiple redemptions, but thats a different story).

When I buy any pack I can hear my CPU wind up, see the core hit 99% on one core on the task manager, and the memory level skyrockets. The game then crashes.

I've tried reinstalling the game but still crashes. Can anyone buy any packs or is this crashing for everyone? Any suggestions on any files to clear out or any supporting frameworks that game uses that can cause the crash?

Thanks

Hello Xervai,

We are sorry you are having an issue. For the best results please submit a ticket to the support team and click the ask a question link.

Thanks!

Prof. Wormer

"Justice never sleeps!"

Found my solution. Kaspersky was monitoring network threads and apparently would cause a crash. It looks like if the network monitor blocks traffic, the game crashes instead of throwing an error. After turning this off the game is MUCH more fluid.

In case anyone has the same issue, make sure Norton, Kaspersky or any network monitor is off or ignoring TCGO.

I'm glad to see (or should I say "sorry") this problem other players have too.

Redeeming code cards works but buying booster packs took me an age. I buy one pack and have to wait exactly one minute and one pack is finally bought, very annoying.

Archived