Is HG Set going to be rotated out of play online?

dalehoward2008

I've seen some members in chat and in trade saying Heart Gold Set is going to be rotated out of play. Is this true or just a rumor? if true what will happen to the cards people have collected? Ie.. will it be( to bad so sad) ? or will we recive booster creds for our loss?

Yes, they are rotating out.

The Pokemon Company make a few sets illegal every year or 2.

No one knows what's happening to the HGSS cards.

there still playable but only regular play. plus people are going to want them in the next cople of years because it will be more hard to find new packs of the sets.

In offical pokemon tournements there is generally a rotation every year. This keeps the game fresh, other wise the best decks will stay the same and the game will become stale. So a rotation is normal. Having said that the number of sets in a rotations have been very dynamic in the past few years, but that is another issue.

So organized play has a rotation. This site will have rotations.

That does NOT mean that we will lose cards. This only means that the primary battle format will match the organized play. So if they have other more open formats or areas to battle then different rules as to the sets allowed to make a legal deck will be used.

They have said that the primary format here will NOT rotate in Sept. but a little later and I do not think that they have given a date.

So in the end:

No lose of cards.

There will be a rotation in the primary battle area, date unknown, but other areas will allow the old cards.

We don't understand what you mean by "primary battle area", will I be able to use my HS Undaunted Steel Cards with my generation V steel and ice/water cards when the new version comes out on online play?

Pratically In the game there will be 2 formats(like IRL):

Modified format where you play with the sets that are legal after rotation, in this case BW-on. (primary battle area :D)

Unlimited format where you play with all sets, legals one and rotated one.

Pratically In the game there will be 2 formats(like IRL):

Modified format where you play with the sets that are legal after rotation, in this case BW-on. (primary battle area :D)

Unlimited format where you play with all sets, legals one and rotated one.

2 to start with, when they do rotate here, and then more as they develop.

Modified - (the default? "Primary" area to do player vs player this will be BW-on at some point in time)

HSGS on - for all that have HSGS-on cards here

Other Formats that limit the cards that are allowed (Think NO EX or limited to the less powerful cards, once again in the far future maybe)

Unlimited - would be when they be the older sets. (When that is do add the old sets if they plan too)

Archived