Next Destinies - Set Probabilities

JimmyTest

I've tabulated the results of 300 Next Destinies online boosters. So if you've ever wondered what the likelihood of getting that Full Art or EX then look no further.

This post follows on from comments made on my previous post tabulating 100 ND boosters (http://www.pokemontcg.com/forums/tcg-online-trading-26/topics/set-probabilities?page=1#post-245007)

Next Destinies

Likelihood ratio per pack (ie: on averge how many packs would you need to open to get one of the given card).

SR pokemon 1 : 75 packs

Full Art pokemon 1 : 37.5 packs

EX pokemon 1 : 11.5 packs

Most common uncommon pokemon - Hippowdon (#66) 1 : 6.1 packs

Most uncommon uncommon pokemon - Luxio (#44) 1 : 11.5 packs

Most common common pokemon - Litwick (#18) 1 : 4.3 packs

Most uncommon common pokemon - Blitzle (#47) 1 : 7.3 packs

FYI: Once Dark Explorers is available online I will be opening 500 packs and tabulating what I get in a similar fashion. So watch this space !!!

I am also willing to take suggestions for which of the of the other sets to do this kind of tabulation.

If there are specfic statistics you are interested in feel free to let me know. Ideas include - what percentage of commons are holo? Are some EX pokemon more common than others? Stuff like that...

Wow. *eyes are really big* this is awesome. Thanks dude! ;)

I'm sure everyone is wondering how many MewTwo's I got... I got 6 in opening the 300 packs.

Wow. *eyes are really big* this is awesome. Thanks dude! ;)

I'm sure everyone is wondering how many MewTwo's I got... I got 6 in opening the 300 packs.

nice, I gave away 2 FA mewtwos for free once.

I have 10 + Mewtwo's but I don't open much

EDIT:Ok I lied about not opening much I had 100+ of all the commons-uncommons of ND at one point.

I wonder if the rate here is more random then in real life.

In real life X number of cards are printed and then put into packs randomly.

I "assume" that the systems here does a random generation on each opening?

I "assume" that they do not have a database in the back ground and then issue the cards to a specific opening?

Just a though.

I "assume" that they do not have a database in the back ground and then issue the cards to a specific opening?

Just a though.

I have always supposed that the actualization of the cards in a booster are realized at the time of clicking "Open Pack", and that in the background there is a random number generator that assigns which card you get in reference to a probability distribution. I don't suppose there is any reason why the programmers can't change that but let us

"assume" that it does not change so that as I open and tabulate more packs we can rely on the Law of Large Numbers...

Just a though.

Did you purchase a box of boosters or did you purchase a number of them from multiple stores? I wonder how evenly distributed/shuffled the boosters are within a retail package for wholesalers

Archived