Do you think you'll be buying decks for the codes?

As I'm sure this is one of the main ways they plan on drawing income from this site, I'm curious as to how many of you think you'll buy the starter decks or any other products with unlockable codes once the official site launches. I'm not really sure if I will myself, since as a college student I'm perpetually broke. :P

I don't think so, first of all because I'm 20 and I don't see myself bying pokemon cards anymore ^^ and then because I'm usely short on money so I have more important things to spend it on :)

I am sure they will make it easier to buy/earn decks online...I see no one buying the cards anymore because everyone will be playing online...

I dunno, depends if they are going to do it with the set after B&W, and the set after the set after B&W and so on and so forth.

i don't see why i would, i wouldn't use the cards outside of the online game. i mean, i'd love to play in real life but i don't think i'll be able to.

it feels kind of wasteful to just buy the cards to use them online. -shrug-

I'm tempted, but I personally don't have the money right now and I also wouldn't be using them other than on the game as I stopped playing in real life a long time ago.

I probably will, because I like collecting cards. Even if there was no code, I might still get it. Unless something unexpected happens, then it is as good as mine. I already have the Snivy Black & White promotion set as well as several other cards.

I don't see myself buying the decks in real life because I know I won't even play them. I've always liked playing virtual card games over real life. Even back when the Pokemon TCG was for GameBoy, I'd rather play it using GameBoy than play with the actual cards.

I would definitely pay for virtual cards on this website (I'm hoping they give us that option eventually). I just don't want to go out and pay for a deck of cards I won't even touch!

I am going to be getting all 3 so I can play them online and of course I play the tcg off line so I will be playing with the cards as well.................................. ok may only a "few" cards would be played with :).

Yea I too am perpetually broke, as I just finished college and there aren't any jobs out here... going from temp job to temp job barely pays enough for food so idk if I will have extra to spend on games...

I'll be buying what I can. I'm definitely be getting the Green Tornado deck, as Snivy's my favorite 5th gen starter. I'm trying to collect the physical cards, too, but I don't want to spend too much (not that I have too much to spend in the first place). I just wish I knew people off the internet that collect Pokémon cards, so I could play against and trade with them. But I guess that's what's good about this site, or at least what will be good about it if/when 2 player mode is added.

Yes, i will buy the decks as both me and my kid play the game.

I would realy like to se some codes in the physical booster packs asswell, buy one IRL and get one digital booster pack as a bonus. This would realy ad value to the booster packs. And if they made it so that you could choose booster packs from other series than the one you actualy bought IRL that would be realy nice.

I can see that this solution would not be apreciated by people who would only play the online game, but you could just take the code and sell the cards. Some of the cards go realy high i value so i dont think you will be losing to much money if you do it this way ;)

Of course i will!!! I' ve playing since Pokemon TCG since the age of 6. Me and my father are collecting Pokemon cards for so many years!!! I would buy all 3 of them either way so I' ll get the promo codes for the game too!!!

probably i will too,im 18,but my family travels a lot,so,in a travel,i dunno all the people around,just my family,so,time to buy,YA-HA!!!!!

Probably not, unless this grows into a large online community.

And I gain a new source of income, of course. I can't work without violating child labor laws yet, and when I can (Less than a month now!) I'm so lazy that I probably won't.

I enjoy the game so far, but I only play the TCG online(this is actually the first time I've played since playing the Gameboy TCG ages back). I might buy virtual cards if they were available, but I probably wouldn't bother with buying physical cards. I remember buying lots of those over the years, only to have them sit around and collect dust. I'd rather not waste any more cards like that. tounge_smile.png

I agree with Juputory for the first bit of her post. However, I'd much rather have the cards and just throw them in a binder and never see them rather than pay for virtual cards in the case that the game glitches out or something and I have no proof of purchase. I'd much rather lose the card and blame my self than be screwed over by something no one has any virtual control over.

The best way though would just be to unlock the cards in game with virtual dollars earned from beating players/ the story mode provided. That way the company gives adverstisment to the deck while keeping the cheap players (myself) entertained until they go onto the next thing.

I will buy the physical cards to collect and be able to play in real life. At the present I dont play with anybody in real life so playing online is a nice bonus. Definetely i wont buy virtual cards a la magic online, I like holding and collecting the physical cards.

I'll probably buy the decks. I live with someone who is just as mad about the TCG as me, so my household will probably have all 3 decks twice over!

Archived