Sign in to follow this  
Gabry95me

What is your nationality?

Muadyb

Lusitano igualmente ;)

eauxement

Hey everybody!

Actually most forums have separate language sections so that users from all over the world can share their game experiences. Forums are new to Pokemon.com so we're still working out how everything should be organized. There's only one site for everyone to play the TCGO, so we shouldn't exclude anyone of any race or language regular_smile.png Pokemon is a global brand and so we ask everyone to please be respectful of our community's diversity.

Prof. Snow

Parasol Lady

"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that." - Vash the Stampede

Merci beaucoup madame. Vous avez raison, plus je préfère comme est maintenant le forum. S'il vous plaît ignorez les commentaires absurdes de ceux qui sont anglos-saxon. Merci autre fois!

eauxement

Well that's still not racist. >.>;

For example: There are plenty of white people. White = Race. Yet n o t a l l white people are native English-speakers (See: Non-UK Europe).

I only want to exclude people who are incapable of typing the common and moderated language. Even if TPCi got foreign moderators, for example, there would still be a large problem of community building. The community would be split between different languages, instead of unified under fandom of Pokémon. That's an extremely bad thing, self-segregation, for any community. Agreed?

Edit: Pro-tip: Use the word 'yet' instead of the word that is three letters long, begins with a 'b', has a 'u' and ends in 't'. Stupid censor.

Language is not a barrier for community building......psh.......... cállate

Prince_Ludwig

Yes it is. You keep switching languages. You're going from French to Spanish to some sort of language with characters that my computer can't even read.

In fact you're pretty much insulting me in said foreign languages. -_-;

Okay, one last question that I COULD test by myself by making an alt account, yet that may not be a good idea:

When people select which country they are from when signing up for an account, and then they get a Terms of Service/Use/wotever it's called, are the terms translated into the language that country uses or is it still in English? Because if it's still in English, and certain people here don't KNOW how to type in English, well, logically they shouldn't be agreeing to them and don't u n d e r st a n d w o t the heck they say. That sort of invalidates them, does it not?

NintenDuck

Hey, people can still speak their first language! Besides, I think that you're right about this being a universal forum, which would explain why there's so many foreign-language threads. If it is, then we have no right to kick someone off the forums for speaking their country's language. Can a mod maybe clear up whether this is an international forum or not?

eauxement

Yes it is. You keep switching languages. You're going from French to Spanish to some sort of language with characters that my computer can't even read.

In fact you're pretty much insulting me in said foreign languages. -_-;

Okay, one last question that I COULD test by myself by making an alt account, yet that may not be a good idea:

When people select which country they are from when signing up for an account, and then they get a Terms of Service/Use/wotever it's called, are the terms translated into the language that country uses or is it still in English? Because if it's still in English, and certain people here don't KNOW how to type in English, well, logically they shouldn't be agreeing to them and don't u n d e r st a n d w o t the heck they say. That sort of invalidates them, does it not?

you do have one good point though. and the terms of agreement are in all the language for all Pi websites. there are over 10 official pokémon's languages that are displayed in different official websites. the thing is , that for this specific forum, there is no distinction because: since the PTCGOnline is only available in english to the public as of now, humans from around the world have had to utilize the .com (us) portal to play the game. this is the only public forum for the game, hence humans around the world use this one to make statements and ask questions.

all else besides 'pokemontcg.com' is translated in multiple languages. and i would too go through another portal if i new that somewhere humans were able to play this game through their website, and i might type in english even if their website was in German........so yeah besides, help support the anti-anglosaxon movement around the world today!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;..........................................................help the other languages 'survive'

godinezmamajl

Mexican teeth_smile.png Feliz Navidad! (that means merry Christmas btw)

Prince_Ludwig

Hey, people can still speak their first language! Besides, I think that you're right about this being a universal forum, which would explain why there's so many foreign-language threads. If it is, then we have no right to kick someone off the forums for speaking their country's language. Can a mod maybe clear up whether this is an international forum or not?

They said it was international yet also mentioned that international forums have dedicated boards to non-English people where it's segregated and stuff.

People can speak their first language fine 'n' dandy, but I don't appreciate being insulted by a guy w|h|o p| r e a c h e d the "anti-Anglo Saxon movement" in a different language in the same conversation. There is clearly a disconnect here, and really, it makes absolutely no sense that a community can exist unless they all type in the same language to each other. That's why language... exists.

Nintendo of America oversees Latin America, but NSider was still English-only.

My research tells m e |t h a t Nintendo's Brazil-language we |b|s i t e actually did have its own social networking, yet the Brazilian website has a copyright of 2008, so they apparently lost their license or something.

NintenDuck

Okay, this may sound silly to you, but, what's the "anti-Anglo Saxon movement"?

Prince_Ludwig

Okay, this may sound silly to you, but, what's the "anti-Anglo Saxon movement"?

"besides, help support the anti-anglosaxon movement around the world today!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Merci beaucoup madame. Vous avez raison, plus je préfère comme est maintenant le forum. S'il vous plaît ignorez les commentaires absurdes de ceux qui sont anglos-saxon. Merci autre fois!"

Something about absurd comments by the "Anglo-Saxons". He h|a|t|es English-speaking people, apparently.

Edit: I like how that word in particular is censored.

NintenDuck

Okay... That was about as clear as mud. cry_smile.png

So, somebody h|a|t|es people who speak English, because of a group of people called the Anglo-Saxons made crazy comments?

Prince_Ludwig

Okay... That was about as clear as mud. cry_smile.png

So, somebody h|a|t|es people who speak English, because of a group of people called the Anglo-Saxons made crazy comments?

I dunno. I'm not the one who used the term.

NintenDuck

So, you don't know, either, Ludwig? Huh. It sounds like a religion, or maybe a branch of one...

znemesisz

African-American, Italian, Irish, & Cherokee-Indian

Prince_Ludwig

So, you don't know, either, Ludwig? Huh.*** sounds like a religion, or maybe a branch of one...

Of course I don't know. >_>;

I think it's something that's opposed to my existence. I think.

The Orthodox Order of Division should be the official religion of TCGO.

NintenDuck

Ahh, Anglo-Saxon is like Old English. So, he's not an Anglophile. For a moment there, a thought it was some crazy cult!

Prince_Ludwig

Ahh, Anglo-Saxon is like Old English. So, he's not an Anglophile. For a moment there, a thought it was some crazy cult!

Anglo-Saxon also is used as a term for people who are of British descent.

For example: The population of America before the great immigration surge that happened in the late 1800s/early 1900s were mostly white Anglo-Saxons, Germans and blacks.

So in the context of a foreigner, anti-Anglo-Saxon = He doesn't like the British Empire's epic imperialism throughout the world, along with the USA's imperialism in Central America, which is why places all over the world speak English and why English is the dominant language of the world. So instead of conforming t|o w|o|t is basically the closest thing to a world uniform language, he wants countries to resist English and stay in their own languages.

Which doesn't work on the Internet on a website owned and maintained by a company founded in America.

NintenDuck

I guess that is kind of ironic, but, hey. There's gonna be people with ideas that conflict with ours out there, so we'd better cope with it. I personally prefer being able to communicate worldwide, although English is a tough language to learn as a second language...

Prince_Ludwig

I guess that is kind of ironic, but, hey. There's gonna be people with ideas that conflict with ours out there, so we'd better cope with it. I personally prefer being able to communicate worldwide, although English is a tough language to learn as a second language...

I don't see the irony, but, as for learning English as a second language, plenty of people here have done it. Look through this thread with people telling us where they're from, and then look at some of their posts throughout this forum. Especially the Introduction thread on the General Discussion board. I|T| I|S understandable to good English.

It's admirable, at least. And very convenient.

NintenDuck

Yeah, well, just because they're from another country doesn't mean that English isn't their first language. Remember, you said earlier that it's now spoken all over the world! Besides, have you noticed how the English language has almost no single rule?

"I" before "E", except after "C", or when sounding like "ay", as in "neighbor" or "weigh"...

WELL, WHAT ABOUT THE WORD "WEIRD", HUH?

Prince_Ludwig

Yeah, well, just because they're from another country doesn't mean that English isn't their first language. Remember, you said earlier that it's now spoken all over the world! Besides, have you noticed how the English language has almost no single rule?

"I" before "E", except after "C", or when sounding like "ay", as in "neighbor" or "weigh"...

WELL, WHAT ABOUT THE WORD "WEIRD", HUH?

Which is why spell-check exists.

And very impressive, TPCi. Unlike NSider, you managed to put the word 'Nintendo' into the forum dictionary spell-check feature.

NintenDuck

The spell check doesn't work for me. I have to keep on opening a Word document and use that spell-checking feature. sad_smile.png

Sheesh, this doesn't have to do with nationality, does it?

Prince_Ludwig

The spell check doesn't work for me. I have to keep on opening a Word document and use that spell-checking feature. sad_smile.png

Sheesh, this doesn't have to do with nationality, does it?

No, b|u|t i|t |i|s language-related.

People need to realize that derailments are good for community-building.

Edit: Spell check doesn't work? Like, in the editor thing above the posting textbox, the ABC checkmark spellcheck doesn't work for you?

NintenDuck

Yeah, it just says that everything is correct, even when a word is underlined in red to show that it's misspelled.

Prince_Ludwig

Yeah, it just says that everything is correct, even when a word is underlined in red to show that it's misspelled.

In this particular post I'm making right now, it says that "NintenDuck" and "UTC" are spelled incorrectly. So it obviously works.

I'm talking the forum's software, not your Internet browser's or anything.

Sign in to follow this