Yanmega/Accelgor

GR0

I recently got myself a playset of Yanmegas. I decided to build a deck with it together with Accelgor:

6x Grass Energy

4x Shelmet

4x Accelgor

4x Yanma

4x Yanmega

2x Tyrogue

4x Rocky Helmet

4x Energy Search

4x Junk Arm

2x Level Ball

4x Pokemon Catcher

2x Pokemon Communication

4x Potion

1x Cheren

4x Copycat

2x Judge

1x N

2x Pokemon Collector

2x Professor Oak's New Theory

The idea's simple: all Pokemon that can deal quite some damage for free or only 1 energy (final stages), and can retreat for free. This gives me lots of flexibility. They're not exactly bulky, but from experience, Rocky Helmet deals a useful amount of extra damage (Pluspower was usually useless in tests, usually sitting on them for nothing or having to waste them to allow Yanmega to attack), and Potion actually helps, surprisingly (it's also quite flexible with Yanmega). Energy Search is because I need 2 energy total to keep Slashing Strike going, which takes too many turns to draw (on average, 2 energy are in the top 20 cards of my deck).

When DEX comes out, I'll tech in 1 DEX Accelgor.

-1 Accelgor

-1 Yanmega

-2 Rocky Helmet

-4 Potion

-1 Cheren

-1 N

+4 Max Potion (Heal your yanmegas for no cost, Accelgors need only 1 energy attached manually)

+2 Judge (More Consistency)

+1 Pokemon Collector (^)

+2 PokeGear 3.0 (Get the supporter you need, consistency)

+1 Super Rod (Only 6 Energy, no way to get them back if they're gone)

I should definitely check out Max Potion, and once I get my hands on 2 more Judge I'll replace Cheren and N with them. PokeGear is also something I'll check out. 2x Pokemon Collector is enough though: I already draw it plenty of times when I don't want to use it as it either messes up Yanmega or makes me shuffle the Basics back anyway. And Super Rod won't be necessary: I never have the need to shuffle Energies back (and shuffling Pokemon back won't be necessary for me either).

I should definitely check out Max Potion, and once I get my hands on 2 more Judge I'll replace Cheren and N with them. PokeGear is also something I'll check out. 2x Pokemon Collector is enough though: I already draw it plenty of times when I don't want to use it as it either messes up Yanmega or makes me shuffle the Basics back anyway. And Super Rod won't be necessary: I never have the need to shuffle Energies back (and shuffling Pokemon back won't be necessary for me either).

Preference is fine. I like the extra collector because you can get 1-3 basics to fill your hand if you're short of an attack with Yanmega. Also I suggested super rod because you might need to discard an energy off accelgor, but running only 1 is very hard to draw into. No super rod is still viable.

• 3 weeks later...

What's the Problem with Night Maintenance? It allows you to get 3 pokemon and Energy from your discard pile in any order. It'll help with only 6 energy. I don't know. I've just recently come back to PokeMon. I'm 'somewhat' a noob XD

What's the Problem with Night Maintenance? It allows you to get 3 pokemon and Energy from your discard pile in any order. It'll help with only 6 energy. I don't know. I've just recently come back to PokeMon. I'm 'somewhat' a **** XD

The only Pokemon in my deck that needs energy (Shelmet and Yanma excluded, of which Yanma gets an advantage for having no energy anyway, and Shelmet needs as much as Accelgor) is Accelgor, and it only needs 1. So, with 6 energy, I already have 150% energy in total of what I need. The only problem is drawing them, but Super Rod doesn't help with that. And I already have 8 attackers, won't need to shuffle them back to re-draw them.

• 3 weeks later...

A Yanmega prime deck, eh? I'm going to agree with K3RUPT, potion is not needed. Energy search isn't very effective in this deck, because you only have one type of energy. I suggest Cilan (Though, you do have a lot of supporters already...) or replacing the energy searches with plain grass energy, since you don't have/need special energy in that deck. It's also going to be a bit tougher with that lightning weakness on Yanmega too...

Archived