how to beat decks like mewtwo or mew decks durant decks?

leader1234567

@Fredd2222 good job but i was beaten up with the oppetents durant deck i was using reshiram deck and my d3eck ran out thats why i dont like durant

Generally not a big fan of Durant decks, because with my Reshiphlosion type deck it's usually a massive, virtually instant win for me (as even a charged Quilava can 1 shot a Durant for weakness and once you start KOing Durants it just gets worse for the Durant player from there, 1 a turn, 6 turns later win) or it's a horribly dull 10-15 turns or so waiting to lose as my Super Rods are in the discard or prized along with a Typhlosion.

Have had a few good matches against them where I've taken a while to set up and only a couple of Typhlosions ended up in discard making it pretty tense though,

• 2 weeks later...

I usually don't have a huge problem with Durant decks unless I get a really slow start. I use a Mewtwo/Celibi/Tornadus deck. (still working on the online one but have one in rl)

Durant decks will be hard to beat if you are not a ultra fast aggressive deck. So ....be more aggresive? Have some Revives and stuff to bring things back. Energy retreival is a good card for when they mill my precious energy. I dunno about anything else. Just gotta knock out the durants pretty quick and win by normal damage. Durant decks are horrible to play against when you get a bad hand.

And as far as beating mewtwo decks......a lot of times it really depends on my draws how well I do. I mean if I get an opening hand with mewtwo EX and 3 Celibi with 2 grass energy and a energy search......I don't really care what deck I'm facing I'll feel pretty good. However If I see 1 Celibi with no mewtwo or Tornadus I don't feel quite as confident.

I play other strategic card games (magic the gathering is my main one) and this kind if deck is the closest thing to a combo deck Pokemon is gonna get. It almost feels like i'm cheating when It comes together. And I don't think there is any deck out there than can go toe to toe with a Mewtwo deck with a great opening hand. Maybe mirror or something.

The way to beat Durant is to simply not use Supporters or Items that thin your deck (unless not using them would lose you more cards or you're on the losing end) and let your hand fill. Don't place anything on the bench either, except cards with free retreat (and if you do, make sure you have 2 on the bench so Catcher -> Seeker doesn't make you lose turns). Don't worry about that Cobalion: your deck's built better to beat stuff than theirs is.

Never lost vs Durant yet.

• 2 weeks later...

to beat mewtwo use mewtwo lol, everyone should have a mewtwo or 2 in their deck to counteract mewtwo decks, i run a zek eleekerik deck and it hardly loses unless its a mirror match and thats why having 2 mewtwos in your deck helps a lot!!!

I just tech Heatmor DE into my decks to beat Durant. And if they try to throw me a curveball and play a Mewtwo, well...I got provisions to deal with that one. XD

I have a lot of success with using Crushing/Enhanced hammers in my decks now. Getting rid of DCEs on MTEX is a life saver.

As for Durant, Heatmor will almost always OHKO them for 1 colorless, so just throwing one in there probably won't hurt your deck. However, a lot of the stronger basics can OHKO Durant anyway, now. (Almost/All EX, Resh/Zek)

The only problem about using the new Heatmore card is that if the enemy is not Durant then Heatmore well just be a punching bag.

You can just play a heatmore just in case.

For mew I haven't think of it well. I'm not sure but the DE espeon can evit paralyzing.

Well, I've never faced a durant deck. For all I guess, you would want a really fast low energy deck of course. Grass is pretty fast in this format. I would say Grass-Fire in your predicament, I guess.

Archived