Sign in to follow this  
PiriPiri

Unintelligent AI

PiriPiri

There have been many times where the AI makes very unreasonable moves with things such as its attacks or the use of its trainer cards, for example one time the AI used the switch card twice in a row with the same 2 pokemon, wasting 2 cards and not changing the game at all. Also the AI almost never considers using any moves requireing less energy cards then its strongest attack, such as the AI using a move (all of this is pure example and not actual events) that does 50 damage with no effects on my card that only needs 10 more damage to be ******, when he could have used an attack that does 20 damage to my card and 10 damage to a benched card, being more effective.

I understand how hard it must be to incorporate so many situations as a card game has for the AI to figure out the best move, but I've only lost once out of the 20 games I've played so far (and that was because I drawed 20 cards in a row while only getting 1 energy card, and the oponent have a perfect set up in his first hand) and so even witht he AI on "hard" mode, they are far to easy to defeat. I also understand that this is obviously meant to be used for online purposes against other live players but I wanted to voice my opinion on how easy the AI is.

AnthonyRossbach

I find I am always going (Why???) with each move, but they are still better then new players or even people who have played for a while, but now knowing all the rules or playing diffrent types of decks.

xxrrsteve

I'm in agreement. A lot of decisions, especially in the Gold League, seemed unusual. For example, there would be times when the opponent would place an energy card on a bench Pokemon and none on the main field in battle. The AI could use some improvement.

DoctorLightning

I agree as well, the AI could use some work. I doubt it will ever be perfect though, and you really can't expect a computer to play at the level of a human being, ever. Besides, most people with a real invesement in the computer opponents post-beta is probably not the best player, as the people who play competitively will probably play online, against other humans.

Jalpseon

They pose a decent challenge when you're using pre-structured decks at least. The commercial release will feature stronger AI opponents and of course, human combatants, I would imagine at least for the former.

AvalonDrew

I had similar experiences with the AI. Did not lose a single match, even with the difficult on "Hard". The AI will never skip the attack stage, even if it's beneficial. For example, Corsola has a move for one Water energy that lets him discard an energy to remove damage counters. The AI would use the move even with no damage counters on Corsola, and waste an energy for no reason. In general, the AI seems to handle healing very poorly, and tends to waste healing cards on a Pokemon with only one damage counter on them when there's no way it would be possible for me to knock it out, etc.

Templarion

I think that AI in hard, isn't hard as I see, the opponent ALWAYS change attacks when have the possilities of use another attack, CAN'T retreat, even if has a powerful pokemon in bench, when uses a poke ball or prof elm training method, it searches any card, or any evolution but not the correct card.... please fix it!

I think that if I play hard.... I expect that my opponent plays hard, isn't it

But anyway it's a great game!!!

Meepman

The AI has no sense of value. It'll play healing cards no matter how little damage it's taken, and will play the fisherman card (which gets up to 4 energies from your discard pile) if there's only one energy in their discard pile.

Sign in to follow this