Set rotation

Icecweem

With the upcoming dark rush/dark explorers coming out some time about next month, will there be a rotation where certain cards in this format will not be legal? Or will the rotation kick in only when the dragon sets are released? Any thoughts, news or predictions?

There's no word on rotation at all yet. Some people have speculated that we may not get a rotation at all this year. At the very least, the Drak Rush won't push any other sets out.

I hope they're still legal for awhile; it'd be kind of degrading for Dark-types to get such a huge boost from the upcoming set and not be able to utilize Special Dark energies.

I hope they're still legal for awhile; it'd be kind of degrading for Dark-types to get such a huge boost from the upcoming set and not be able to utilize Special Dark energies.

Tyranitar prices will drop like crazy. LOL

Considering they're still doing tournaments with this rotation I'm pretty sure we wont see any new rotation until after this season is over at least. Kind of why I've only been buying BLW packs and on though.

Don't forgot the rotation could be CoL-on so we will still have the sp dark

I really doubt that it will be CoL onwards.

Japan plays a BLW onwards rotation now and CoL are just reprints from the HGSS series.

I read on one of the wiki's that generally the games sets typically rotate after the World Championships...

Exactly, if there is a rotation it will follow the world championships rotation. We won't see a rotation until the actual cards are rotated out, That being in Aug/Sept.

Archived