The Pokemon Deck Corner - NEW EDITION

matthew69

Welcome all to the new Pokeomn Deck Corner:

Hello Matthew here, with the new edition of The Pokemon Deck Corner. Within the Pokemon Deck Corners new form there will be lots of exciting new additions to the old Pokemon Deck Corner.

This includes:

The New COTD

More New Decklists

More Pokemon News

More Set + Card Reviews

Pokemon Deck Corner Tournaments

As well as competitions with exciting new rewards.

So to all u Pokemon lovers old or new out there come here, talk to others, enhance ur deck, win brilliant new cards or packs within our competitions, compete in tournaments to be the ultimate Pokemon Champion, + most important of all have a brilliant time.

Writers:

matthew69

Larry819

THE TIER LISTING ATM:

Tier 1:

Eel

Celebi Prime

DarkBox

Tier 1.5:

Terrakion

Terrakion-Landorus [With or Without Mewtwo]

Terrakion-Tornadus [With or Without Mewtwo]

Terrakion-Landorus-Tornadus [With or Without Mewtwo]

Groudon

Groudon-Terrakion-Landorus [With or Without Mewtwo]

Groudon-Terrakion-Tornadus [With or Without Mewtwo]

Groudon-Terrakion-Landorus-Tornadus [With or Without Mewtwo]

Donphan

Tier 2:

Durant

MewBox

ReshiPhlo

MagneEel

MagneBoar

MagnePhlo

ReshiBoar

The Truth

Chandelure NV

CAKE

LAKE

Tier 3:

VVV

Mew-VVV

Other Electrode Prime Variants

Other Vileplume Variants

Lilligant

CoballionLock

Chandelure ND

BearticLock

Article Number 1:

Deck Lists:A tale of Lilligant Expanded

COTD: Lilligant EPO

Article Number 2:

COTD:Ninetales DB

Artcile Number 3:

Deck Lists: Wailord DB

Article Number 4:

Deck Lists: DarkBox

Set Review: Dark Explorers

Article Number 5:[COMING SOON]:

Pokemon's Future - The decks, The cards

A tale of Lilligant Expanded:

COTD-Lilligant EPO:

HP:90

Weakness:Fire

Resistance:Water

Retreat Cost:1

Attack Number 1: 1 G: 20

Flip a coin. If heads, the Defendng Pokémon is now Paralyzed and Poisoned. If tails, the Defending Pokémon is now Confused.

Attack Number 2: 2 G 1 C: 60

Three Lilligant [EPO] Decks ALL TESTED

Lilli-Mewtwo-Plume:

Pokemon:21

4-4 Lilligant

3-2-3 Vileplume, Bellosoom

2 Victini

2 Mewtwo EX

1 Cleffa

Items:6

3 Rare Candy

3 Pokemon Communication

Supporters:19

4 Pokemon Collector

4 Oak

4 N

4 Cheren

3 Sage

Energy:14

8 Grass

3 Rescue

3 DCE

The deck in more detail:

Lilligant EPO is an excellent Pokemon that when combined with Vileplume can end up locking out the opponent the whole match. Vileplume is a Pokemon with the power to Trainer Lock the opponent which 1.Hurts the opponents set up with them unable to Pokemon Communication or use the Balls, 2.Makes it harder for them to take out Pokemon as Catcher is not available to send out weaker benched Pokemon to take out, 3.Lock the opponent active Pokemon with Sp.Conditions as the opponent will be unable to throw down the Switch Item the opponent will often have to retreat with manual attachments which in particular V decks such as 6 Corners EX which have a lot of high retreaters but no acceleration can cause them immense pain, and of course if heads on Lilligant's attack is flipped then the opponent will be unable to attack or retreat at all, and the opponent will also be poisoned.In order to make this happen more often Victini A is placed in the deck to help flip the heads more often, but even without heads Lilligant still places the Confusion condition onto the opponents active Pokemon.

There could appear to be a problem (as there is sometimes with Vannilluxe decks) that when the opponents active Pokemon dies the lock is broken and the opponent can attack once more, however with Lilliagant and the extra Posion condition the person who runs Lilligant can often control when the opponent dies, by sometimes not attacking at all to make sure that the opponents active Pokemon dies at the end of their turn so u can start locking their next active on ur turn, this point, the fact that Lilligant is a Stage 1 and the fact that Lilligant will never not inflict a condition with attack number 1, makes Lilligant better than Vannilluxe and in particular with all the high retreating EX's around a nice tournament choice even if the deck can be a little slow.

Lilli-Mew-Plume:

Pokemon:18

4 Mew Prime

3-2-2 Vileplume

2 Victini

2 Lilligant

1 Jumpluff

2 Muk

1 Cleffa

3 Rare Candy

3 Pokemon Communication

Supporters:22

4 Pokemon Collector

4 Oak

4 N

4 Cheren

4 Sage

2 Elm

1 Flower Shop Lady

4 Grass

4 Prism

3 Rainbow

3 Rescue

The deck in more detail:

The deck plan is similar to that of deck number 1, but this deck runs Mew Prime, the best part about Mew Prime is that it is not an evolution which means it is quicker to set up and searchable by Pokemon Collector, it also as the lines of Lilliagant and some of the evolutions are not needed within the deck allows more space for techable cards, more draw support and Mew techs, such as Jumpluff (for raw power), and Muk to combine condition Locking of the deck with a Catcher like attack which allows the opponents high retreat unattached to benched Pokemon (like EX's)to be catchered into the active, hit with conditions, and then be locked out with Lilliagants attacks until the Pokemon dies.

Lilli-Kingdra-Plume:

Pokemon:22

3-3 Lilligant

3-1-2 Vileplume

1 Victini

1 Cleffa

3-2-3 Kingdra Prime

3 Rare Candy

3 Pokemon Communication

Supporters:18

4 Pokemon Collector

4 Oak

4 N

3 Cheren

3 Sage

8 Grass

4 Rescue

2 Water

The deck in more detail:

Once more this deck plan is similar to the other two decks, except this one runs Liligant only as the attacker (although Kingdra Prime can attack were it needed too), the aim with this deck is to make the "Choose when the opponent's active dies and lock their next attcker" plan even more consistent than before as with Kingdra Primes out it's Poke-Power to place counters onto the opponets Pokemon from the bench makes the deck even better at locking out the opponent.

I have a feeling that Ninetales BW5 might find a place somewhere amongst this crowd once it gets released for the Catcher effect its Ability has.

I believe that it could be viable as well. For people who have not seen Ninetales from BW 5 here are the stats:

HP:90

Weakness:Water

Resistance:None

Retreat Cost:1

Ability:

Once during your turn (before your attack), when you play this Pokemon to evolve 1 of your Pokémon, you may switch the Defending Pokémon with 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon.

Attack Number 1: 1 F: 20

This attack does 50 more damage for each Special Condition affecting the Defending Pokemon.

Question 1: What deck won the Manchester State Championships ?

[For a reward]

Landorus/Terrakion

Tommy Roberts was the player

Part 1:

COTD:Mew Prime

HP:60

Weakness:P

Resistance:None

Retreat Cost:0

Attack Number 1: 1 P

Search your deck for 1 Pokémon, and put it into the Lost . Shuffle your deck afterward.

Ability:

Mew can use the attacks of all the Pokémon in the Lost (both yours and your opponent's). (You still need the necessary Energy for each attack.)

Mew Prime:

The tech cards [Mew Lost Techs]:

Jumpluff:

This is the main popular Mew tech within Mew decks, this card can hit for up to 120 in 1 turn with no more than one attachment which is brilliant. Mew decks can now have up to 8 Rainbow Energies [4 Rainbow, 4 Prism] which means Jumpluff is a no problem attacker as a Mew Prime tech,the rival card Cincinno BW is nice too, but at the moment Cincinno needs a DCE which no more than 4 can be run within a deck in order to be set up, but Jumpluff can be set up with up to 8 of the attachments within the deck (even more when running Jumpluff's own needed attachment), + can hit (with the correct conditions) up to 20 more damage, this makes Jumpluff a much more popular Mew tech in particular in MewBox decks that run multiple Mew techs such as Chandelure ND that can also abuse Prisms + Rainbows, the problem is Jumpluff is that unlike Cincinno ur opponent has a lot of choice as to how much Mew Prime can do, which means if the opponent was running a deck such as CMT which needs little Pokemon out at a time it could manipulate Mew Prime to doing much less damage [perhaps even stopping the opponents Mew Prime from 1 hitting a Mewtwo EX].

Maybe on the first page you could make a list of all current meta-decks i think people cares more for the competitive deck than the fun ones just an advice

@matthew

This may be off topic for this thread but I'm running into some problems and I think you may have some good advice. I'm trying to get some advice or find an article about deck building "at the margin" -- those moments when you find yourself questioning the balance of a handful of cards after a deck has been built & tested.

i.e. In my current project, I find that [a deck] runs best with 18 energy, idealy with 16 energy, but those 2 cards have a heavy impact on energy pull consistancy. However, playing with 18 energy causes other problems with trainers / supporters.

How do you solve these inevitable problems? What questions should I be asking myself?

I'd like to chip in one of my ideas for a Post-BW5 deck combo I've had in mind for awhile now.

Name: Mushroom Kingdom

Pokemon: (22)

4-4 Amoonguss ND

3-3 Ninetales BW5

4 Mew EX

2-2 Golurk BW5

Energy: (14)

4 Blend Energy RGDP

4 Double Colorless

3 Fire

3 Psychic

Trainers: (24)

4 Level Ball

4 Communication

4 Devolution Spray

3 Catcher

3 Super Rod

2 Heavy Ball

2 Professor Juniper

2 Tool Scrapper

Note: This is assuming a BW-on format.

So the basic premise is that you use Ninetales both for his Ability and attack, use Amoonguss to feed the special conditions, and use Mew EX as an alternative attacker for extra coverage should it be necessary. Golurk has an interesting attack as well - Expert Punch - which devolves the target Pokemon while doing 60 damage at the same time. This could screw up decks that rely on Eelektrik, Reuniclus, or all kinds of other things. No basic means no evolution, which in turn means more now-unplayable junk in hand. It is worth noting that with Golurk having more HP and only being worth 1 prize, it might be better to simply use him for that purpose.

Blend energy provides for any one of them should they need to attack for whatever unfathomable reason (looks at Amoonguss). Tool Scrapper is there to pick Eviolites off of things or to deactivate Garbodor's Dust Toxin.

Govnah- the main question u should be asking urself is do I have enough energy to attack, retreat and use abilities with, and is the lack of energy u draw due to lack of energy or lack of draw support . 1st of all, let us assume u run a ReshiPlosion deck, u will need at least 3 Energy to attack, let us assume that some are in Pr, some are decked with horrible luck u will then need at least 9 energy, let us assume that u want two attackers powered up and the energy too retreata 3rd attacker, that makes 14 energy,no more energy will be ineeded as ReshiPhlosion recovers attachments from the pile,for the deck u are running if 16 energy is enough to do all this then that is ok, if u cannot draw enough energy but do have the number needed to attack and retreat etc. and know that it is ok to have some unavailable energy within this deck then I would recommend running 15-16 with perhaps a Cilan to increase consistent drawpower of energy while still leaving room for the trainers u need. However if the deck needs 18 energy to do all the attacking and retreating etc. that it needs too, then the deck would need to run 18.

I'd like to chip in one of my ideas for a Post-BW5 deck combo I've had in mind for awhile now.

Name: Mushroom Kingdom

Pokemon: (22)

4-4 Amoonguss ND

3-3 Ninetales BW5

4 Mew EX

2-2 Golurk BW5

Energy: (14)

4 Blend Energy RGDP

4 Double Colorless

3 Fire

3 Psychic

Trainers: (24)

4 Level Ball

4 Communication

4 Devolution Spray

3 Catcher

3 Super Rod

2 Heavy Ball

2 Professor Juniper

2 Tool Scrapper

Note: This is assuming a BW-on format.

So the basic premise is that you use Ninetales both for his Ability and attack, use Amoonguss to feed the special conditions, and use Mew EX as an alternative attacker for extra coverage should it be necessary. Golurk has an interesting attack as well - Expert Punch - which devolves the target Pokemon while doing 60 damage at the same time. This could screw up decks that rely on Eelektrik, Reuniclus, or all kinds of other things. No basic means no evolution, which in turn means more now-unplayable junk in hand. It is worth noting that with Golurk having more HP and only being worth 1 prize, it might be better to simply use him for that purpose.

Blend energy provides for any one of them should they need to attack for whatever unfathomable reason (looks at Amoonguss). Tool Scrapper is there to pick Eviolites off of things or to deactivate Garbodor's Dust Toxin.

Excellent theorymon their Larry, I would like to make u one of The Pokemon Deck Corners official Article Writers, due to your dedication here.

Committed to running a BW onwards deck with the new Wailord due to its 200 HP, I came up with a QuadWailord list.

Pokemon:10

4-4 Wailord [DB-DB]

2 Victini [A]

Trainers:28

3 Catcher

3 Devolution Spray

4 Heavy Ball

3 Super Rod

3 Tool Scrapper

4 EXP.Share

4 Cheren

4 N

14 Water

Tech Space-8

The main aim here is to tank with Wailord and then when he is taken out move all the attachments to Benched Wailords with EXP Shares and start attacking once more with Wailords 1st attack, combined with Victini to allow Wailord to have a larger damage output. Devolution spray and Tool Scrapper help with both taking out the opponents attackers and accelerators and GarbodorLock decks.

Thanks, I'd love to be an official writer.

Anyway, I'd suggest also adding something like Reuniclus or Serperior, if only for the fact that they can help keep your Wailords alive more easily. Alternatively, Milotic can be useful for getting you the various vital cards you need (basically, you get any 3 cards out of your deck and into your hand with his first attack). Cilan's another good option so you have more energy to put on Wailord.

EDIT: Oh, and since you're playing a Water deck, Lapras could also be useful for his Call For Family attack.

Govnah- the main question u should be asking urself is do I have enough energy to attack, retreat and use abilities with, and is the lack of energy u draw due to lack of energy or lack of draw support . 1st of all, let us assume u run a ReshiPlosion deck, u will need at least 3 Energy to attack, let us assume that some are in Pr, some are decked with horrible luck u will then need at least 9 energy, let us assume that u want two attackers powered up and the energy too retreata 3rd attacker, that makes 14 energy,no more energy will be ineeded as ReshiPhlosion recovers attachments from the pile,for the deck u are running if 16 energy is enough to do all this then that is ok, if u cannot draw enough energy but do have the number needed to attack and retreat etc. and know that it is ok to have some unavailable energy within this deck then I would recommend running 15-16 with perhaps a Cilan to increase consistent drawpower of energy while still leaving room for the trainers u need. However if the deck needs 18 energy to do all the attacking and retreating etc. that it needs too, then the deck would need to run 18.

thank's matt I think certain issues limiting draw power with a bloated deck are the precisely what's limiting my consistancy; your input was very helpful

Thanks, I'd love to be an official writer.

Anyway, I'd suggest also adding something like Reuniclus or Serperior, if only for the fact that they can help keep your Wailords alive more easily. Alternatively, Milotic can be useful for getting you the various vital cards you need (basically, you get any 3 cards out of your deck and into your hand with his first attack). Cilan's another good option so you have more energy to put on Wailord.

EDIT: Oh, and since you're playing a Water deck, Lapras could also be useful for his Call For Family attack.

I was thinking of perhaps running Reuniclus or Serperior, but without a Vileplume trainer lock both are vital Catcher bait, as both are simple to take out rather than having to attack into Wailord. Also Stage 2's are gonna have an even lower Competitvness then due to the hardness to set to set them up.

Archived