Sign in to follow this  
Litwickfan11

Rate That Soundtrack!

Quilavaflare

That bad huh?

Um,you know, since you own this thread, don't you get to pick the songs anyway?

Litwickfan11

Sample, of Tommorow's don't rate. Only rate if I specify the Tack

eevee0954

(Uh, quil, you kinda let me have nothing to do on my own RP, except wait for one of the character comes back on, so... NOW I'M OFFICIALLY BORED!"

Quilavaflare

(That was your own choice...)

You know what that song reminds me of lit?

Litwickfan11

(Would you like to Nominate a pokemon track Selena? You have five Noms....)

frank46433

are w suppose to vote for soundtracks? if so i vote for mirror B lol

Quilavaflare

As did I... So, I second that!

Anyway, I was going to say that the wailmer's sea song reminds me of super mario sunshine...

Litwickfan11

Today's theme is

6/10

This theme is calming at first, but then it get's boring and repetative. If your stuck in the part, I feel so sorry for you...

SpiralBreeze

You summoned me?

Litwickfan11

Ya...Can you rate the Previous and this Soundtrack please? I also got my firts Chap up for my new FF, you said you would have your OC join....

SpiralBreeze

Did I? Man I recall something about having writers block and needing café, which oddly enough I did not partake of this morning... and I bought Cinnabon coffee creamer. Do you really want an real life ex musicians opinion? I mean I studied Baroque and Classical music for years.

Litwickfan11

Ya..I want you to Rate all the Music i have linked to, and Only Me...Please? I want to kno your opinion of the First song in particular....

SpiralBreeze

Alright, well the first song I honestly wouldn't call sad, it's more uplifting and hopeful. First, it's tempo is too fast for it to be sad, second the string section would need to stay on notes longer and really draw them out, third the part with the harp as the potential of being sad... but whatever instrument is under it is still driving the tempo. Its a sweet sounding song... and I would say nice for the ending credits of a game or a scene where there is a sun set and the characters are saying good bye, but know they will meet again, because as I said it's hopeful.

I actually bought Mystery Dungeon for my son to play so he wouldn't play my Black, so I don't know how far along he is. He kept threatening to start a new game and I would have to kill him and then have another baby. So yeah. I shall listen to the others now.

Litwickfan11

Ya...It's not a sad song, unless you see the scene that it's paired with, then it get's uber sad. It just complement's it.

is a link of the actual Scene

Quilavaflare

Sort of... I'ts a different kind of sad to me. In a way, to me the hopeful part also kind of makes it depressing.

There are a lot of things that relate to dissapointment. A lot of times, exciting music makes a sad moment. You know? Maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about.

SpiralBreeze

Yeah see, I don't feel like that fits at all.

The undersea music is too stereo typical under water. I'm not gonna write about it.

The gym leader one... yeah 8 bit... my ears can't. It always sounds better coming out of the actual gaming device speakers.

Litwickfan11

Would

work better for that Scene Spiral?

Quilavaflare

Thanks lit! You made me sad all over again from the PMD Scene...

cry_smile.png

That scene makes a lot more sense with that song than an ocean theme.

SpiralBreeze

No, sounds like music box lullaby. I'm sorry I told you I couldn't do this, I'm VERY particular about music and I'm also very opinionated, luckily back in school I was able to back up those opinions with facts and examples.

Litwickfan11

Ya...PMD has great music, but, it's meanings are ambiguous...Like I don't want to say goobye sounds hopefull and Cheery, but it gives you, and your partner false hope....That's what is is to me...That's how it's sad, you know that the hope is False....

SpiralBreeze

Here sad violin music, so called sad violin, but notice how the piece is SLOW, and the harp doesn't drive too much under it. Tempo is crucial to sadness.

Here is another one piano mostly, it flows and ebbs, and I think it's sadder, again also slower:

www.youtube.com/watch

Quilavaflare

See... I don't find that violin thing sad. Maybe a little for the piano...

The other one for PMD, to me, that reminds me of storytime and goodnites or something to that theme.

frank46433

Today's theme is

6/10

This theme is calming at first, but then it get's boring and repetative. If your stuck in the part, I feel so sorry for you...

rate: 6/10

so how do these soundtracks work? During a chapter well it tell you when you should imagine/play the music ?

Quilavaflare

The sea of the wailord:

6.5/10

a quite serene song, not meant for anything in particular except maybe hidable background music... Although, like found in most game background songs, it can get slightly repetitive. I enjoyed the peacefullness of the sounds. It gave me more the impression of a beach or something though... I would have to say, this isn't something you want to listen to for fun, more like something you would hear in a movie scene with spas or maybe. Overall summary: It was ok, but as stated, does get annoying after a while...

frank46433

By the way Lit omg_smile.png im going on a trip tomorrow and i won't be back until thursday. Keep working hard while im gone and i hope to read awesome stuff when i get back ^^

Ill try to see if i can hook up to the wi-fi if my hotel has it

Sign in to follow this