Sign in to follow this  
Litwickfan11

Rate That Soundtrack!

Litwickfan11

Hello everybody, Lit here. I just wanted to hold a contest of some of the best soundtracks (The Origonals, not the Remixes Sadly) of the pokemon series. I will daily post a link of a soundtrack, and listen closly, listen well...Listen until you get the true essence of the song, the feeling of having something, that you never want to let go of, never to forget, forever etched into your very being. Music has the power to do that, and pokemon does tha well. I'm going to post the First Track Now

from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time, Darkness, and Sky. Rate this and all tracks out of ten, and only one vote per person per track. My Rating, also, give a few sentences on what you feel and why you rated it that.

10/10

The emotion that this songs brings when during the event during the end of the game, is touching. This Song follows one of the greatest battle themes of all time, and that one moment, that single sliver of gameplay, can lead even the toughest of people at least a little touched, and the more emotional burst out bawling. It's like a soft-toned requiem for a long lost friend, soothing the soul of the impurities of doubt and sadness. This song shall purge thy sins, and lead to a salvation that only one with the music can do.

Top Ten List:

<ol>

[*]I don't want to say Goodbye PMD2-85.57%

[*]GSC Gym Leader/E4 theme -73.75%

[*]Relic Forest- Pokemon XD - 64.80%

[*]Sea of Wailord PR2:SoA- 61.67%

</ol>

PokemonEliteFour

1/10. It didn't really connect with me and I don't really like it. It's kind of weird and doesn't make sense. I want to barf all over it and then take a fart on it, and walk away, never coming back.

Litwickfan11

(Poke, You know how many people will call you heartless if you said that on youtube or any place else?)

PokemonEliteFour

(Yeah, and I really don't care)

Apollo77

9/10 A truly moving and beautiful piece, which when coupled with the game can bring almost anyone to tears. The thoughtful broken chords in the background provide a light, dreamy touch. The high, airy melody makes you really feel the mourning. It's simply magnificent.

PokemonEliteFour

(I personally think you're just doing this to get more people to know about Mystery Dungeon, Lit)

Daykora75

9.9999999 etc./10

I like the tune and rhythm. It has a slight melancholy that pervades throughout the song and, though I haven't played Time and Darkness, I can imagine why this would make a sad moment sadder. I only find some parts a bit sudden. What I mean is that there is a rest and a sudden fortissimo, which I find ruins the mood only slightly (I mean really slightly.) It's great other wise in my opinion.

Litwickfan11

(I'm not....I just choose a song at random, you'll see tommorow)

Good to see your reviews. I have a quick question. How do you get an average percentage from a group of percentages?

Daykora75

You can either: add the total amount of given points and divide it by the total amount of possible points, or do the general average formula.

Litwickfan11

General Average Formula? (I'm in advance math in 8th grade and doesn't know what it is...wow)

Daykora75

You add all of the percentages together and divide by the amount of items.

Litwickfan11

Ohh...The Mean...Sorry, General Average Formular confuzzeled me Day....<strike>AEGINA!</strike>*Slaps self*

Daykora75

That was my fault. I should have just said mean and you would have known what I meant . :P (puns...)

lonetraveller

Eehhhh...

8/10

Because I don't listen to a song and think "Oh, the subtle use of violas gently brushes up the sadness of the song." It is a sad song, though. I listen to it, and think of the game's ending, and the song does set the sad mood.

I don't like it because it makes me sad. I cry, yes, I cry whenever I finish a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon story, and I hope you all do too. :'(

Litwickfan11

Alrighty then...Honestly, I was trying to resist the urge to break out bawling, but, PMD games are actually one of the best in the series...The Storyline, The Battles, and The Music are very good....

NintenDuck

Can we put our own suggestions?

PokemonEliteFour

Yeah, like the Pokemon Rap. It outclasses PMD by far.

P.S. they should make a new pokemon rap for all 649 pokemon, even though that would take forever.

25: PIKACHU!!!

-2 HOURS LATER -

646: Genesect!!

Kids: *Not even watching*

Litwickfan11

No it doesn't! Yes Duck you can, but I already got Today's....Also, you need to vote to get nominations...

Nomination List:

Relic Forest x3

Primal Dialga Theme x3

Mirror B's theme of Awesomeness x6

NintenDuck

That is pretty sad. I've always been a sucker for emotion, though, as many will admit after experiencing either a PMD game or MOTHER 3 will admit, real men cry. =')

10/10

The music is literally giving me chills. I love the synthetic woodwinds, giving it a natural-ish feeling, the gentle tinkling noises in the backround, the harp, the violin... I haven't even played Time, Darkness, or Sky and I'm affected! I'm a real connoisseur of video game music... =3

Litwickfan11

Ya. I hate Songs, but Video Game Music, is the best, no exceptions. Even the Songs in Video Games are good, like the one at the end of Corpse Party (Duck, If you ever want to see a Horro Video game with the same emotion bringing plot as M3 or PMD, check out Corpse PArty...The ending, is just, so awesome...)

Silverthelugia

10/10, it made me cry..... but the ending of Super Mario Galaxy did too, when Luma died..... I miss you Luma, and I was glad that Nintendo made Galaxy2...

Litwickfan11

Alrighty then....Anybody else for Today? Any Nominations? You all get three, and you can nominate songs from the pokemon series. You get one nomination per day for each day you rate, and if you predict (Or get the closest) the percentage of the next Soundrack, you get Five Nominations. You can use them in anyway you want, like I Nominate X 3 times, or Nominate X, Y, and Z.

Litwickfan11

Uhm Apollo, It doesn't work that way...You Rate it when it comes up, here is what a Proper Nomination should Look Like

Primal Dialga Theme x3.

Apollo77

Oops, sorry...

Sign in to follow this