Unlimited deck says it's not avaliable for standard deck

Deck Manager

• Please log in to reply

11 March 2019 - 06:57 PM

Ink_s2

Rookie Trainer

• Ink_s2

Hello, I have been having a little bit of trouble making an unlimited deck....

So what happens is that, I select to create a new deck, I pick to make an Unlimited deck, and I start picking any card, because it's an unlimited deck so.... I should be able to play with that but...

Well, imagine this, I finish my unlimited deck, and when I click save it says that it's not a valid deck because it haves some cards that are ilegal for standard mode, but the problem is that I'm not making a standard deck, and it says it's an invalid deck for all modes, but I have all the requirements for making an unlimited deck.... can someone help me........?

11 March 2019 - 07:27 PM

Chasista

Elite Trainer

• Chasista

You can only play Unlimited with friends.

Thrice Standard, Expanded and Legacy are sanctioned modes (plus Theme of course but with different rules)

If you do an Unlimited deck that don't fit in any sanctioned format, you can't play it in these.

Edited by Chasista, 11 March 2019 - 07:28 PM.

WE WANT LEGACY TOURNAMENTS BACK !!! If you also want it, show your support http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/55966-feedback-making-it-easier-to-get-the-cards-you-want/

5th day reward packs list http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/56679-5th-day-log-in-pack-is-random-got-a-gur-dd/?p=593037

Foro en español, también existe: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-español/

IGN Chasista

11 March 2019 - 10:04 PM

Ink_s2

Rookie Trainer

• Ink_s2

You can only play Unlimited with friends.

Thrice Standard, Expanded and Legacy are sanctioned modes (plus Theme of course but with different rules)

If you do an Unlimited deck that don't fit in any sanctioned format, you can't play it in these.

Oh thanks!! And sorry... I thought it was a bug... but then,how can I play with and EX card against players and things like that? I mean... what type of deck do I have to create?

11 March 2019 - 10:33 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Oh thanks!! And sorry... I thought it was a bug... but then,how can I play with and EX card against players and things like that? I mean... what type of deck do I have to create?

If you want to play with EX cards, you'll need to build either Expanded or Legacy decks.

There are basically 5 formats in PTCGO (the online app).

Theme Deck:  Self-explanatory, either the real-world copies, available in the game's Shop, or the built-in theme decks that are earned through the Trainer Challenge.  Theme Decks can be played in personal challenges, the VS Ladder, or in Events (tournaments).

Standard:  Major format.  Played in the real world too.  These decks can only include cards from the Sun & Moon series, which is approximately 10 or 11 sets.  There are no EX's in these sets, only the newer GX cards.

Expanded:  Major format.  Played in the real world too.   These decks include cards from the Black & White series, XY series, and the Sun & Moon series.  Right now this is approximately 35 sets.

Legacy:  Online only, played on the VS Ladder.  No longer available in Events.  These decks include cards from the HeartGold & SoulSilver series, along with those from the Black & White sets.

Unlimited:  Online, but can only be played among your friends.  These decks can include any and all cards available in PTCGO.

You should note, in the Deck Manager, the Deck Validation button in the upper right (the info symbol).  This will help you determine which cards are allowed in certain formats.

Edited by RobRatt, 11 March 2019 - 11:05 PM.

12 March 2019 - 12:48 AM

Ink_s2

Rookie Trainer

• Ink_s2

Ohh thanks a lot!!!!!!!! :3

12 March 2019 - 01:49 AM

Ink_s2

Rookie Trainer

• Ink_s2

Well, okay, so It still doesn't work...

As you said, I needed to create an expanded or legacy deck to use EX cards, right?

I literally created two expanded decks, and none of them says it can be used for Expanded.......

It says it has some cards that are ilegal for standard mode, It really seems bugged because when I go to the requirements, my deck meets all the requeriments for an expanded deck........ I did like 5 decks, and still can't use any of them, it's completely bugged... idk... heeelp

12 March 2019 - 02:30 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

In the upper right corner of Deck Manager, there's a button that Validates any deck.  If you click it, and then go to Expanded, it should tell you what is wrong.

There are currently 11 cards that are "banned" in the Expanded format.  If your decks include any of them (some are Trainers), it won't work.  You should look at this page, and see if any of them are included.  BTW, that Validate button will tell you this also.,

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg-banned-card-list/

It's really hard for us to see what's wrong from here.  ;)

Your other option is to copy your deck list here, and then someone should be able to spot the problem.  To do that, go to Deck Manager.  Then look at it with the Eyeball button.  There's an Export button.  That will copy it to your clipboard.  Then come here to the forum and "paste" it.

P.S.  You probably noticed, but just in case? ...The Standard format is a subset of (a part of) both Expanded and Unlimited. formats.  If you build a Standard deck (SM-on), it will also play in Expanded (BW-on) or Unlimited (all cards).

Edited by RobRatt, 12 March 2019 - 04:54 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deck Manager