[GENERAL] Invalid login or password error? - PC

• Please log in to reply

06 March 2019 - 03:26 AM

ajconway

Rookie Trainer

• ajconway

Hi,

As of today (March 3rd, 9pm EST), any attempt to login to the game on PC resorts in 'Invalid Login or Password' prompts. It was working fine yesterday, and I have not changed my password.

Attempts to perhaps reset my password anyway takes my to the main Pokemon site and I get an Oops! Unexpected error. So can't login due to wrong (??) password, and can't reset password either.

I haven't seen a thread/announcement about this kind or error message on PCs so I don't know if this is an ongoing bug or if my account has been locked/hacked? The issue is ongoing an hour later.

Any insight would be appreciated,

Thanks

06 March 2019 - 03:46 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

Hi,

As of today (March 3rd, 9pm EST), any attempt to login to the game on PC resorts in 'Invalid Login or Password' prompts. It was working fine yesterday, and I have not changed my password.

Attempts to perhaps reset my password anyway takes my to the main Pokemon site and I get an Oops! Unexpected error. So can't login due to wrong (??) password, and can't reset password either.

I haven't seen a thread/announcement about this kind or error message on PCs so I don't know if this is an ongoing bug or if my account has been locked/hacked? The issue is ongoing an hour later.

Any insight would be appreciated,

Thanks

1.  Today is March 5th.  :)

2.  They've been having server problems most of the day, affecting only some users.  It's not you, and you don't have to reset your password, or anything.  Patience is the key here.  Many of them have been fixed already.

3.  The moderators have clumped many of the similar issues into this thread, just below yours....

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/70524-general-login-cannot-login-due-to-protocol-error/

07 March 2019 - 02:32 AM

ajconway

Rookie Trainer

• ajconway

I've uninstalled, deleted files, redownloaded installer, reinstalled...

Still can't login on PC as of now. Invalid login or password messages. 

Try to change password, get Oops! messages online.

Any updates/new solutions for PC users? 

07 March 2019 - 06:54 PM

McLovein04

Rookie Trainer

• McLovein04

My bro can't login to his account on PC either. keeps getting invalid Username/Password error. I tried logging him in on my computer and it still didn't work. I can login fine though on my account. please fix cause he has like 4yrs worth of stuff on his and some of the new stuff thats really good. He really doesn't want to start over :(. Please fix. this was as of 3/7/19 10:00 EST and now at 2:00 EST

Edited by McLovein04, 07 March 2019 - 06:57 PM.

08 March 2019 - 12:37 AM

Mod_RedDragon

• Mod_RedDragon

Trainers,

If any of you are still having in issue signing in or resetting your password, please reach out to the support team so they can look into this further for you. You can create a ticket by clicking the link in my account, selecting the Trainer Club/Account option, and then selecting "Contact Us". 

Moderator RedDragon
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!