Expanded - Yanmega BREAK revisited

• Please log in to reply

06 March 2019 - 02:21 AM

Old_Man_Pokemon

Novice Trainer

• Old_Man_Pokemon

I had a deck a while back that I played a little and thought was fun, but shelved once it rotated out. Some time has passed and I miss it a bit, so I decided to incorporate some of the new cards to see if it runs better and can still stand up. The main catalyst for this was seeing the new alolan meowth/persian, as previously this deck used alolan rattata/raticate GX with eggs and switching over freed up some space and solved some of the slow first-turn issues that the rat/egg combo could produce. Main premise is obviously energy free attacks supported by slowing through energy hate. Low damage is bolstered by damage from the stadium and hammers are there to slow down and force additional attachments. Obviously not really tournament viable but it seems solid and fun to run as far as casual play goes. Even though I like this list I figured I'd see if anyone can spot a possible inclusion or tweak that I missed that might make it more stable/viable. Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

Note: Life Dew is played over computer search mostly because I don't have CS, but this deck can definitely benefit from the prize denial since it lacks damage so life dew is acceptable. Considered trying to slot in some shedinja somewhere but couldn't really find a spot. Maybe switch from energy hate to prize denial even though it can hurt the decks already low damage? Thoughts?

Pokémon - 24

* 4 Alolan Meowth LOT 118

* 4 Alolan Persian LOT 119

* 4 Yanma DRX 4

* 4 Yanmega STS 7

* 3 Yanmega BREAK STS 8

* 2 Blitzle LOT 81

* 2 Zebstrika LOT 82

* 1 Marshadow SLG 45

Trainer Cards - 36

* 4 Crushing Hammer EPO 92

* 2 Lysandre FLF 90