[GENERAL] Patching - An error occurred when downloading preload data

Game Crash PC iPad

• Please log in to reply

27 February 2019 - 08:19 PM

Sahri

Rookie Trainer

• Sahri

Hey all. After an inactivity of a few months I decided to play Pokemon TCGO again but after updating the client I was confronted with this error:

"An error occurred when downloading preload data. Please check your internet connection and tryagain. The app will now quit."

So I uninstalled it and when I attempted to reinstall it I got this error:

"Could not access network location Property. USER_PROFILE"

I already did a bit of searching and someone came up with the new admin account trick which I tried out. Installing the game went without a hitch this time but when I started it I got the same error as in the first screenshot and testing it on my iPad gave the same error as on my computer. Don't tell me there's something wrong with my internet because that's not the case here. I have a subscription at the best ISP in my country and I have 200 mbit connection over LAN. All my other games are working fine except this one so I can say with 100% certainty that my internet is not at fault and it ALWAYS worked before until now. ALWAYS!!!

Device info: Windows 10 PC

Edited by Sahri, 27 February 2019 - 08:23 PM.

27 February 2019 - 08:41 PM

Pantheratygris

Rookie Trainer

• Pantheratygris

Having the same exact issue.  Played the game earlier today.  Then a few minutes ago attempted to start and it wouldn't start.  I then uninstalled and tried to reinstall and now getting the preload error issue.  

27 February 2019 - 08:59 PM

Sahri

Rookie Trainer

• Sahri

Having the same exact issue.  Played the game earlier today.  Then a few minutes ago attempted to start and it wouldn't start.  I then uninstalled and tried to reinstall and now getting the preload error issue.  

Did you add the game to the firewall of Windows? I got mine to work after doing this but now I'm getting the error that the login service could not be reached.

27 February 2019 - 09:09 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hello Trainers,

Sahri, thank you for updating your post with that fix for the preload error.

The development team is aware that some users are currently experiencing an issue with connecting to the game. I believe your preload error may be connected to this same issue.  There is an existing thread for the error regarding being unable to reach the login service here.

The development team is working on a fix. I recommend that you both try again later. Thank you for your patience!

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

27 February 2019 - 09:56 PM

Sahri

Rookie Trainer

• Sahri
Mod_Jynthu, on 27 Feb 2019 - 10:09 PM, said:

Hello Trainers,

Sahri, thank you for updating your post with that fix for the preload error.

The development team is aware that some users are currently experiencing an issue with connecting to the game. I believe your preload error may be connected to this same issue. There is an existing thread for the error regarding being unable to reach the login service [url="http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/70294-game-general-login-error/"]here[/url].

The development team is working on a fix. I recommend that you both try again later. Thank you for your patience!

But the USER_PROFILE error still persisted. It seems the installer and uninstaller is of such poor quality that issues like these arise. Whenever I google on that particular error, I find only topics created in this forum. That kind of shows how bad the installer/uninstaller actually is so I REALLY hope this will get fixed although I have little hope since people are running into this issue for as long as 4 years! If I want to uninstall the game again I'll have to use a 3rd party uninstaller. Btw when was the last time you gave the installer an overhaul? It looks like it was made in the late 90s of the previous century. I would recommend using different software to create those installers because the one that is currently used is just bad.

Edited by Sahri, 27 February 2019 - 10:08 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game Crash, PC, iPad