[GAME] Private trade don't work anymore?

• Please log in to reply

12 March 2019 - 10:58 PM

Mod_Turtle

• Mod_Turtle

Can a Mod please mark this as something for the Dev team to look into (if you haven't already)? 

Hey OfficerShane,

This issue is noted and being investigated. Thank you for your patience while the dev team looks into this.

Moderator Turtle
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
“Shello, how may I help you today?”

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

13 March 2019 - 01:04 AM

feederdp

Expert Trainer

• feederdp
My best theory is because it's to do with trading , you may have something tagged for trade that you no longer possess that's why it's causing a blank screen. Easy way to check go to collection click not owned and filter for trade if any cards come up let me know. Just a theory can someone double check for me and approve or disprove this theory thanks.

13 March 2019 - 02:11 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

I'm not sure what's causing some players to have this problem, but I was curious, and went through my friends list (one by one) to see how many were affected.

Out of 140 in my list, 42 cannot receive private trades from me.  Instead, I only get that blank screen that everyone else has mentioned.  It's more widespread than first thought, with 30% having this bug.

The size of your collection is not the main reason.  Several of the players have very extensive collections with no trading problems.  But, those that have this bug all seem to be major/bigger traders.  I also noticed that a couple of them (that I know) haven't played for several months.  Whether it's misplaced tags, or whatever, it's not something that is necessarily new.

Edited by RobRatt, 13 March 2019 - 02:14 AM.

13 March 2019 - 03:11 AM

ShinyMegaRay

Rookie Trainer

• ShinyMegaRay
So if we figure the cause of this bug, everyone in this forum gets a cut of the devs salary right? After all, we are doing their job for them...
Maybe some vivid gameplay sets or other rare items as a thank you atleast. Companies pay good money for people to find problems with their product and offer potential solutions like what we are doing. Not to mention compensation to all the people affected.

Has anyone else noticed that creating a public offer tends to take significantly longer to load? Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing this? Maybe the slow loading and the inability for some people to trade are related?? Think about it, if they implemented a new algorithm for when a trade window is opened, it could have fixed some minor bugs at the cost of causing it to load slower and not even working at all for certain players. Just another idea.

13 March 2019 - 12:29 PM

feederdp

Expert Trainer

• feederdp
Yeah takes around 30 seconds to post a public trade for me too

13 March 2019 - 05:41 PM

brdlevel

Trainer

• brdlevel

My best theory is because it's to do with trading , you may have something tagged for trade that you no longer possess that's why it's causing a blank screen. Easy way to check go to collection click not owned and filter for trade if any cards come up let me know. Just a theory can someone double check for me and approve or disprove this theory thanks.

i just checked using your method and i dont have any items marked for trade that i dont own i actually unmarked every card i owned for trade when the bug first started so i dont have anything marked for trade and people still cant send me offers

brd

14 March 2019 - 12:14 AM

feederdp

Expert Trainer

• feederdp
Did you check gameplay , packs etc if so I don't have any other theories right now just hope the game fixes it been weeks now

14 March 2019 - 01:37 AM

SKBellmore

Trainer

• SKBellmore
I agree with RobRatt. After seeing this thread I went to my friends list and tried private trades with them. I have about 10. Pretty much all of them worked, except for LordKieta. This led me to agree with RobRatt’s theory because he does a lot of trading like with his former Violet City Trading and now his Giveaway.
The Galar region has been revealed!
#TeamSobble FTW
Visit my deck thread!
http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/70263-new-skbellmore’s-deck-thread/#entry622806

17 March 2019 - 03:29 AM

Sciper

Veteran Trainer

• Sciper

ya true been on here since beta and never have seen this problem nor have i traded any of my cards that i might no longer have for trade for that to be a possible effect

17 March 2019 - 04:37 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

This may not be related to the "private trading" bug that you guys are experiencing, but could someone look at this list of Coins and try to remember if they had one, and traded it away.

Red Entei Coin

Light Gold Raikou Coin

Blue Ice Blastoise Coin

Blue Rainbow Mega Blastoise Coin

Orange Ice Charizard Coin

Dark Silver Rainbow Mega Charizard X Coin

NOTE:  There may be other gameplay items, but I know these are problems.

Right now, none of these Coins are available to trade -- even if you own them.  They show properly in our Collections, but don't appear anywhere in Trades (private or public).

(1)  If they're tagged For Trade, they still don't show in your binder to your friends.

(2)  You can't add them to the I Am Giving window, because it says, "You don't own any."

(3)  They can't be found in Public Offers (I Am Getting), saying, "No items were found."

One of my friends -- who currently has this Trading bug -- had traded away his Red Entei Coin before this bad update.  And now, he can't get another one.  Since there's a bug with these missing Coins, I'm just curious if it has something to do Private Trades being messed up.

Edited by RobRatt, 17 March 2019 - 07:30 AM.

18 March 2019 - 02:30 AM

brdlevel

Trainer

• brdlevel

This may not be related to the "private trading" bug that you guys are experiencing, but could someone look at this list of Coins and try to remember if they had one, and traded it away.

Red Entei Coin

Light Gold Raikou Coin

Blue Ice Blastoise Coin

Blue Rainbow Mega Blastoise Coin

Orange Ice Charizard Coin

Dark Silver Rainbow Mega Charizard X Coin

NOTE:  There may be other gameplay items, but I know these are problems.

Right now, none of these Coins are available to trade -- even if you own them.  They show properly in our Collections, but don't appear anywhere in Trades (private or public).

(1)  If they're tagged For Trade, they still don't show in your binder to your friends.

(2)  You can't add them to the I Am Giving window, because it says, "You don't own any."

(3)  They can't be found in Public Offers (I Am Getting), saying, "No items were found."

One of my friends -- who currently has this Trading bug -- had traded away his Red Entei Coin before this bad update.  And now, he can't get another one.  Since there's a bug with these missing Coins, I'm just curious if it has something to do Private Trades being messed up.

i have all 6 of these coins

none of them are marked for trade or want or review

brd

22 March 2019 - 02:45 AM

ShinyMegaRay

Rookie Trainer

• ShinyMegaRay

Has anybody been affected by the bug and managed to become unaffected or vice-versa?  If so, please share details about what you did, if anything (i.e. recent trades, obtained items via the store or codes, are you a newer player or experiences?, do you trade a lot?, do you have lots of cards/items?, do you mark lots of cards as "wanted", "for trade", or "for review"?, etc.)  If we could find any common traits among affected players, it could REALLY help.   

22 March 2019 - 03:18 AM

CptLexorFTW

Junior Trainer

• CptLexorFTW

i'm still thoroughly stuggling with my account but i have noticed i can still private with some people in the lobby every now and then but i'd say its still 25-75 against being able to make trades with people. i for sure cannot counter anything or vice versa no one can counter a trade i do. i have loads of random stuff tagged for want/review etc and i also have gameplay items that show up as tradable for people looking at my account but i've not owned for years. this post is mainly to keep this thread relevant and if a MOD could let us know some kind of timeframe that this is going to be looked at that would be great. been 1 response in months from a mod and quite frankly its abit of a joke at this point. i can't move on from my account to another because i have too many cards and too many useful untradables. peace, apologies for the rant 

Edited by CptLexorFTW, 22 March 2019 - 03:19 AM.

23 March 2019 - 09:42 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Congratulations to everyone for making this the longest-ever Game Bug thread not started by a Mod!  :D 

We've still got 106 replies to go before we beat out Mod posts, though.  Get typin'!

Edited by SuperStone, 23 March 2019 - 09:42 PM.

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

Yesterday, 06:04 AM

brdlevel

Trainer

• brdlevel

@mods can this at least be recognized as a known issue? we are not making this up and it feels like you are not even going to attempt to fix it any time soon for such a game ruining bug for so many users

brd