Pokemon Day Store Promotion

• Please log in to reply

23 February 2019 - 08:38 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

In case anyone missed the notice about the Trade & Play Day going on at certain stores (Best Buy and GameStop), today and tomorrow (Feb 23-24), here's the link:

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/pokemon-tcg-trade-play-day-heading-to-a-store-near-you/

If you're a child, just about ANYTHING Pokémon gets your heart racing.  And for parents, the simple happiness of their children is magical.  For that reason, it's worth attending.

But, if you're a seasoned player (more advanced), or are unable to visit one of these North American stores, you won't be missing anything drastic if you skip it.

Three things about this promotion:

1.  Trading with other players.  The main premise of this event is to find others who want to trade.  At my local GameStop, there were two little girls with a binder.  My son's best friend traded with them, much in their favor.  And I just gave them a couple full-art cards because they were nice.  I'm sure other stores may have a different experience, depending on the town's population, but I wouldn't count on finding great things.  And if you do run into someone with expensive cards, make sure your children have an idea of value, and don't get snookered.

2.  Trading with the store.  Each store also has a trading binder available.  Not much to get excited about, unless you need a couple missing Uncommon Trainers.  Assuming the store's binder was provided by The Pokémon Company, it has Commons and Uncommons from Team Up in it.  No Rares.  No GX's.  No Full-arts or Secret Rares.

3.  Trade & Play Day Kit.  Personally I was hoping for something exclusive that worked in the Online game too, maybe a Code Card (sleeves, promo, or whatever).  But there's not.  In this oversize booster pack, approx. 5"x8", there were the following items:

*  A two-page cardboard Guide to Trading Cards (one-piece, that flips over).  It looks like 2 pages from the TCG Rulebook.  One side has a picture of a Pokémon card, pointing to the different parts of it (HP, name, attack, etc.).  The other side has a brief description (very brief) of Rarity, Pokémon GX & EX, Prism-Star Cards, and Full-Art Cards.

*  An activity sheet that might take your 8-year-old about 2 minutes to complete.

*  A coin.  Mine was the green Rowlet coin.  So was my son's friend.

*  A 3-card booster pack from Team Up.  A Common, Uncommon, and a Trainer.

If you go, have fun.  If you can't make it, there's no reason to be sad.  ;)

Edited by RobRatt, 23 February 2019 - 08:57 PM.

24 February 2019 - 07:58 AM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

Hello RobRatt, thanks for letting everyone know about the promotion, I hope you had a lot of fun. 

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!