An issue with Golduck

• Please log in to reply

22 February 2019 - 02:31 AM

Masirus

Novice Trainer

• Masirus

So I'm not sure which set he's from but it's the one where you discard up to 2 energy and it does 60 per energy discarded.

Anytime I clicked on the attack the attack would just fail and it didn't give me an option to discard the energy.  I tried it with 1 and 2 energy and each time the same result.

Is there a specific way to use it or is this a bug with the card?

22 February 2019 - 04:23 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

I haven't had any trouble with it myself. (Tested it this evening.)  If this happens again, save a game log and we'll look for other variables.

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

22 February 2019 - 06:26 AM

GR0

Senior Trainer

• GR0

"I tried it with 1 and 2 energy"? Do you mean you're equipping Water Energy to Golduck with the intention of discarding Water Energy from Golduck? If so, that's why it fails: the attack requires you to discard Water Energy from your hand, not from Golduck.

22 February 2019 - 12:41 PM

Masirus

Novice Trainer

• Masirus

"I tried it with 1 and 2 energy"? Do you mean you're equipping Water Energy to Golduck with the intention of discarding Water Energy from Golduck? If so, that's why it fails: the attack requires you to discard Water Energy from your hand, not from Golduck.

...reading is fundamental. Haha. Ok ya that would probably be the reason. Thanks for clearing that up.

23 February 2019 - 01:30 AM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hi Trainers,

Thank you for the helpful response, GR0!

Masirus, I hope this clears up the issue and helps improve your game play going forward! For future reference, you can determine which set a card is from by checking the expansion symbol next to the card number at the bottom of the card. Information about released expansions can be found here, or you can look up cards in the Trading Card Database

It looks like this is the card you were having the issue with: https://www.pokemon....-series/sm1/29/

Edited by Mod_Jynthu, 27 February 2019 - 03:54 PM.
Corrected broken link

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

23 February 2019 - 02:57 AM

Masirus

Novice Trainer

• Masirus

Hi Mod_Jynthu.  I'm not sure which card you linked because it returned an error but yes everything is cleared up now.  Thank you for checking.  I've bookmarked the pages you showed me as well for future reference.

27 February 2019 - 04:06 PM

Mod_Jynthu

• Mod_Jynthu

Hi Masirus,

Oops! I fixed the link in my previous post. An extra space got tacked on to the end of the link. Thanks for pointing it out!

I'm glad to hear that everything is sorted! Have an awesome day!  :)

Moderator Jynthu
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator
Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

05 March 2019 - 01:33 PM

Spr1nter

Novice Trainer

• Spr1nter
The mods seem like great people but this game is really bad. There needs to be game balance. Things are too dumbed down and wallet warriors can win.