idea: let theme deck versus wins count toward booster pack unlocking

• Please log in to reply

21 February 2019 - 07:48 PM

buddyglass

Junior Trainer

• buddyglass

Currently, when you purchase a theme deck, you must beat 12 trainers to receive the free (trade locked) booster pack.

This is boring, because the trainer AI is pretty dumb.  Instead, let versus wins count toward this 12 win total.  Two benefits:

1. Players can unlock these boosters without mindlessly grinding games against AI trainers.

2. Creates more deck diversity in theme versus matches, which makes the theme/versus format more interesting for everyone.

Players who are intimidated by versus play can still receive the boosters by beating 12 trainers.

21 February 2019 - 09:16 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

Actually, this sounds pretty good. Playing against the AI is super tedious anyways, and new players would learn a lot more about the game by playing against other humans than against the not so intelligent AI. Decks that are really bad could still be completed in AI games (thinking about HGSS Theme Decks level of bad), while the decent and good ones could be completed can be completed in a more fun way.

22 February 2019 - 03:55 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

Actually, this sounds pretty good. Playing against the AI is super tedious anyways, and new players would learn a lot more about the game by playing against other humans than against the not so intelligent AI. Decks that are really bad could still be completed in AI games (thinking about HGSS Theme Decks level of bad), while the decent and good ones could be completed can be completed in a more fun way.

Hey- Royal Guard is P.D.G.  :angry: 

XD I agree, this sounds like a good idea.  There is a reason that my completionist self hasn't done twelve matches with nigh on any deck I've gotten in years, and being able to use them in VS would probably eliminate it.

I doubt it would increase diversity much, as that's almost entirely determined by the quality of individual decks, and popular weaknesses.  But anything that means I don't have to play the AI except when I want to is good in my book.

Edited by SuperStone, 22 February 2019 - 03:55 AM.

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

25 February 2019 - 03:13 AM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

Hello buddyglass, thank you for posting your valuable suggestion. I will forward this thread to the development team. 

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!