Can you achieve dailies with battles against friends?

• Please log in to reply

11 February 2019 - 02:54 PM

OfficerShane

Novice Trainer

• OfficerShane

Hey all, sorry for the silly question that has likely been answered a thousand times -- I just couldn't find it this time... 

Anyway, running in the second tier of VS games and I have a daily challenge requirement to knock out X pokemon with X type. I didn't have a deck premade so I threw together something sensible that moved cards around fast so I could score at least one or two KOs per game... 

It seems that consistently, after setup, the last 5 players in a row conceded the match before I could get a single KO. The first two, before that, conceded after the first KO. 

I don't mind all the free VS points, but I'm on a time limited schedule so I can only get in about 2-3 hours of play per day (because of my career), I just burned nearly half that time achieving next to nothing because people don't want to play through their hand. Is there anyway to bypass doing the regular VS ladder to achieve your daily challenges (like a private game with friends)? I would really like to get off level one, but been stuck on this task for a few days... Any tips would be great...

Also, where do you put in a suggestion to PTCGO developers?

I think that if someone quits the match in the first few minutes, especially before first blood is achieved (considering how trending conceding matches seems), the server should take over that person's deck and just play it as best as it can so you can get a full game (for better or worse). It's cruddy that so many people quit so often before the game plays out... What's worse is that I am new! Only been playing for a week or two and most of that was Trainer Challenges and against my wife and son. I haven't played Pokemon since high school (graduated in 1998), so I don't have all the best cards, or know all the best moves -- I can't be that intimidating! ROFL! 

Any help is greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance!

11 February 2019 - 03:08 PM

harshu

Elite Trainer

• harshu

Hey all, sorry for the silly question that has likely been answered a thousand times -- I just couldn't find it this time... 

Anyway, running in the second tier of VS games and I have a daily challenge requirement to knock out X pokemon with X type. I didn't have a deck premade so I threw together something sensible that moved cards around fast so I could score at least one or two KOs per game... 

It seems that consistently, after setup, the last 5 players in a row conceded the match before I could get a single KO. The first two, before that, conceded after the first KO. 

I don't mind all the free VS points, but I'm on a time limited schedule so I can only get in about 2-3 hours of play per day (because of my career), I just burned nearly half that time achieving next to nothing because people don't want to play through their hand. Is there anyway to bypass doing the regular VS ladder to achieve your daily challenges (like a private game with friends)? I would really like to get off level one, but been stuck on this task for a few days... Any tips would be great...

Also, where do you put in a suggestion to PTCGO developers?

I think that if someone quits the match in the first few minutes, especially before first blood is achieved (considering how trending conceding matches seems), the server should take over that person's deck and just play it as best as it can so you can get a full game (for better or worse). It's cruddy that so many people quit so often before the game plays out... What's worse is that I am new! Only been playing for a week or two and most of that was Trainer Challenges and against my wife and son. I haven't played Pokemon since high school (graduated in 1998), so I don't have all the best cards, or know all the best moves -- I can't be that intimidating! ROFL! 

Any help is greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance!

Daily challenges don't count in *friendly battles* - (typo here previously). Its sad that you are unable to complete the challenge and people quit before you can play properly. The suggestion about bot taking over once the player concedes is good, but what about people who are only looking to utilize their time against people only.

For which I have an added suggestion, either you can accept the win as soon as the opponent concedes or you can choose for a bot to take over. That way no player is wasting their time and daily challenges can be done effectively.

Also suggestions to developers is usually given in game feedback section :)

As for now, since you are at level 1, I think some of the challenges can be done in trainer challenge.

symbol of star --> valid in trainer challenge

symbol of lightning bolt --> valid in versus mode

symbol of trohpy  --> valid in tournament/event mode

(not sure though)

Edited by harshu, 11 February 2019 - 04:15 PM.

If you need any Deck help just visit this thread - The Best Decks in TCG - http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/28694-the-best-decks-in-tcg/
If you are new, and looking for a Beginner's Guide, click the following topic, to get reach to a Helpful Guide. - New Player Guide - http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/31931-new-player-guide/
Click the names, and you can reach those Topics :)

11 February 2019 - 03:19 PM

OfficerShane

Novice Trainer

• OfficerShane

Daily challenges don't count in versus ladder. Its sad that you are unable to complete the challenge and people quit before you can play properly. The suggestion about bot taking over once the player concedes is good, but what about people who are only looking to utilize their time against people only.

For which I have an added suggestion, either you can accept the win as soon as the opponent concedes or you can choose for a bot to take over. That way no player is wasting their time and daily challenges can be done effectively.

Also suggestions to developers is usually given in game feedback section :)

As for now, since you are at level 1, I think some of the challenges can be done in trainer challenge.

symbol of star --> valid in trainer challenge

symbol of lightning bolt --> valid in versus mode

symbol of trohpy  --> valid in tournament/event mode

(not sure though)

Hey Harshu, thanks a lot... I never thought to try to achieve the challenge against the AI in the Trainer Challenge. I thought all the "challenges" had to be done PVP... 

Also, I like your idea as well, pop-up reading something to the effect of "PlayerX has Conceded - Continue Battle? Yes/No" would be great! I know some people would want the easy win, others may only want to play against others competitively, while others, like myself, just want to play through my deck and really test out my cards... I mean, the "Test Deck" AI battle is like "Gold" level competition using beginner level theme decks -- that proves nothing against a real person with a custom deck they created. 

Anyhow, thanks for the feedback and advice! 

11 February 2019 - 04:12 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612
Simply put, you can't. My guess is that it simply isn't much of a "challenge" if all you do is farm KOs with a friend. It's the same reason as to why some challenges can't be completed in Trainer Challenge (and also why after a certain level you can't complete any challenges at all in TC).

My suggestion is that you only take the evolving challenges untill you reach lvl16 or so (at that point, the pack you obtain from the KO challenge is tradable). Never take the damage challenge unless you're not given an option, and delete them if you need the space for a new challenge. Even for KO challenges, only take the ones with types you already use efficiently (for example, I never take KO challenges for Metal or Fairy types because I don't have any decks to complete them).

It's annoying when people concede seconds before you can claim your KO, but there's nothing that can be done about it realistically. Just take your time completing them and don't stress over being unable to complete them in a single day.

11 February 2019 - 06:25 PM

SandaledOtter

Elite Trainer

• SandaledOtter

Question answered.

Know that as you level up, you'll gain extra challenge slots, so that one unfinished challenge won't stop you from taking a second, and eventually a third.

There will also be choices for the challenges.

This morning I finished a 16 Dragon KO by playing several tournaments using the Mach Strike deck. It isn't that great any more, with everyone running Blastoise and Charizard with their energy acceleration, but it eventually got the job done (after a few days). Now I need to do a Metal KO. I'll have to rework my Metagross or A.Dugtrio deck....

"Swishonk!" That's what's happening!

13 February 2019 - 06:18 PM

grommpy

Novice Trainer

• grommpy

Same problem here, fulltime job, other games to play as well.

All I can say is: let them win a little while beating them. They will continue playing if they "smell blood" and especially after they have knocked out at least 1 pokemon. Dont evolve too many pokemon or play energy if you are ahead. Just being slightly ahead is enough, usually, to finish those damage and KO quests quickly.

13 February 2019 - 06:42 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

Same problem here, fulltime job, other games to play as well.

All I can say is: let them win a little while beating them. They will continue playing if they "smell blood" and especially after they have knocked out at least 1 pokemon. Dont evolve too many pokemon or play energy if you are ahead. Just being slightly ahead is enough, usually, to finish those damage and KO quests quickly.

Yeah, about that... I think it's better if you cloae the game if you find the chance to. It's sad when they concede 2 seconds before you can attack and take the KO, but believe me, you're gonna be so, SO mad if you end up losing for not winning while you could. Speaking from experience here. I've tried extending games I had on the bag to farm more KOs before, and it feels really bad when they turn the tables and win essentially because you trolled the game on purpose.

The hunter that chases both hares ends up catching neither. It's better to just win.

Regarding the evolving challenge, it's actually very simple. What I do is make a deck with a 4-4-4 evolution line and a 4-4 evolution line of the same type as the challenge. You don't need useful Pokemon, it can be any random Pokemon that can evolve of the correct type. You run 0 energies with this deck, and the rest is all draw/discard items and supporters. I also include 3 Shaymin-EX but they aren't necessary. I use 3 Sky Field and 2 Rescue Stretcher. Everything else is Sycamores, Cynthias, VS Seekers, Trainers' Mail, Acro Bike, so on and so forth. Opponents almost never concede against these because they quickly catch on to the fact that you're letting them win for free. In the off chance they do concede, just sit back and laugh at the fact that you just beat a serious deck while trying to lose on purpose. Normally it takes me 2 games to complete the challenge this way, but with some lucksometimes I complete it in a single game.

Edited by Sakura150612, 13 February 2019 - 08:13 PM.

13 February 2019 - 07:37 PM

harshu

Elite Trainer

• harshu

Regarding the evolving challenge, it's actually very simple. What I do is make a deck with a 4-4-4 evolution line and a 4-4 evolution line of the same type as the challenge. You don't need useful Pokemon, it can be any random Pokemon that can evolve of the correct type. You run 0 energies with this deck, and the rest is all draw/discard items and supporters. I also include 3 Shaymin-EX but they aren't necessary. I use 3 Sky Field and 2 Rescue Stretcher. Everything else is Sycamores, Cynthias, VS Seekers, Trainers' Mail, Acro Bike, so on and so forth. Opponents almost never concede against these because they quickly catch on to the fact that you're letting them win for free. In the off chance they do concede, just sit back and laugh at the fact that you just beat a serios deck while trying to lose on purpose. Normally it takes me 2 games to complete the challenge this way, but with some lucksometimes I complete it in a single game.

No need for skyfield and acro bikes. Devolution spray, super scoop ups and scoop up cyclones are better!

If you need any Deck help just visit this thread - The Best Decks in TCG - http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/28694-the-best-decks-in-tcg/
If you are new, and looking for a Beginner's Guide, click the following topic, to get reach to a Helpful Guide. - New Player Guide - http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/31931-new-player-guide/
Click the names, and you can reach those Topics :)

13 February 2019 - 08:11 PM

Sakura150612

Elite Trainer

• Sakura150612

No need for skyfield and acro bikes. Devolution spray, super scoop ups and scoop up cyclones are better!

Those work too. I should probably edit my troll evolution deck and include those. I stll prefer Computer Search over SSC though, even if SSC is probably better for this challenge. I'm just too used to Computer Search to use anything else.

15 February 2019 - 07:46 AM

Mod_Alder

• Mod_Alder

Hello trainers, thank you everyone for adding your thoughts to this thread.

Moderator Alder
Pokémon TCG Online Moderator

Need help from the support team? Visit the support portal and submit a ticket!

Today, 03:01 AM

OfficerShane

Novice Trainer

• OfficerShane

Yeah, about that... I think it's better if you cloae the game if you find the chance to. It's sad when they concede 2 seconds before you can attack and take the KO, but believe me, you're gonna be so, SO mad if you end up losing for not winning while you could. Speaking from experience here. I've tried extending games I had on the bag to farm more KOs before, and it feels really bad when they turn the tables and win essentially because you trolled the game on purpose.

The hunter that chases both hares ends up catching neither. It's better to just win.

Regarding the evolving challenge, it's actually very simple. What I do is make a deck with a 4-4-4 evolution line and a 4-4 evolution line of the same type as the challenge. You don't need useful Pokemon, it can be any random Pokemon that can evolve of the correct type. You run 0 energies with this deck, and the rest is all draw/discard items and supporters. I also include 3 Shaymin-EX but they aren't necessary. I use 3 Sky Field and 2 Rescue Stretcher. Everything else is Sycamores, Cynthias, VS Seekers, Trainers' Mail, Acro Bike, so on and so forth. Opponents almost never concede against these because they quickly catch on to the fact that you're letting them win for free. In the off chance they do concede, just sit back and laugh at the fact that you just beat a serious deck while trying to lose on purpose. Normally it takes me 2 games to complete the challenge this way, but with some lucksometimes I complete it in a single game.

Haha! That's hilarious... (conceding on an intentionally losing deck) I really don't get mad at losing -- actually it tends to excite me and inspires me to look more closely at my deck and really try to squeeze out all I can... I bore of decks that win too easily very fast - if that makes any sense... I love people that have rival and nemesis decks to my own -- it makes winning sweeter. 

Thanks for the ideas though...