Sign in to follow this  
Keithtalent

Jirachi Not Retreating

Keithtalent

I've had this occur a couple of times. I'll have Jirachi in the active and use her ability to find a trainer card and then be unable to retreat her when she is asleep, despite having an escape board attached to her or having an energy attached. I think this may have happened when I have had a metal frying pan attached too.

• Upvote 1

Mod_Turtle

Hello Keithtalent,

If possible, please post a game log for this issue. This will help the develpment team track down the problem easier.

On a side note, I've been using Jirachi lately and Escape Board. It's a fun and very useful combination. I haven't run into any issues with retreating but I'll let you know if I see any.

XK920XK

i have played so many jirachis match ups and they all seem to retreat just fine. You sure there wasnt something else out there that is preventing retreat, i noticed absol is pretty popular recently

Arsenal090

Edit: I’m dumb, just ignore this post lol.

Edited by Arsenal090

SandaledOtter

Surely I'm missing something, but what card in play should have allowed the sleeping Jirachi to retreat at that point in this game?

shinygeodude

Surely I'm missing something, but what card in play should have allowed the sleeping Jirachi to retreat at that point in this game?

As he said, he had an Escape Board attached, so it should've worked. But there could've been another factor in play.

SandaledOtter

As he said, he had an Escape Board attached, so it should've worked. But there could've been another factor in play.

He's removed the game log, but for the game in question there was no Escape Board. That was an example of other games played, for which no log was posted.

For games with an EB, I'd expect tools being disabled, but there hasn't been a log of one of those yet.

Sakura150612

Like XK9 pointed out, TUP Absol is also a likely offender. Even with EB he wouldn't be able to retreat without an energy to pay the retreat cost.

cedaga

I'm having the same bug, in 3 games I played. I had jirachi in bench starting my turn, used guzma, then jirachi ability, and then I attached an energy to retreat jirachi but the game didn't let me, wasn't allowed. And there was no absol nor any condition that presents me to retreat. Is a bug.

SandaledOtter

I'm having the same bug, in 3 games I played. I had jirachi in bench starting my turn, used guzma, then jirachi ability, and then I attached an energy to retreat jirachi but the game didn't let me, wasn't allowed. And there was no absol nor any condition that presents me to retreat. Is a bug.

Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, you may look at the top 5 cards of your deck, reveal a Trainer card you find there, and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle the other cards back into your deck, and this Pokémon is now Asleep.

Pokémon that are Asleep or Paralyzed cannot retreat.

So, if there is nothing allowing a sleeping Pokémon to retreat, and there's no indication of anything here, there's no bug.

Lalamon

Asleep pokémon can't attack or retreat by itself. It was long time ago but I'd swear this was in the tutorial

• Upvote 1

Sakura150612

Did you remember to attach Escape Board to Jirachi? You wouldn't be able to retreat otherwise.

Sign in to follow this