Sign in to follow this  
amaryllisbl00m

Why has my deck changed formats?

amaryllisbl00m

My dark deck has randomly decided to change from expanded to unlimited. I have no idea why. The last thing I did was add the latest Hoopa GX to it, but I don't think that would have changed anything. Help?

• Upvote 1

MasterBarrett

Hello,

Do you mean that you where in standerd format and it changed to expanded/unlimited?

or do you mean that you where expanded and cant use your deck, it says Unlimited?

if it says that you are in unlimited then there is a card "or a couple" cards that are banned in your deck. 

i know what you mean i came back on after a year and pretty much all my decks were not useable.

hope i could help you out

MasterBarrett

Dark Trainer

Edited by MasterBarrett

RobRatt

In the game, go to Deck Manager.  Locate your deck (search, or otherwise).

In the upper right of that window, there's a Deck Validation button.  It has the "small i" (info) symbol in a circle.

That will allow you to check your deck in any of the available Formats, and it will tell you what's wrong, whether it's cards that don't belong in that format, banned cards, unowned cards, etc.

It's a very useful tool.  Hope it helps.

SuperStone

MasterBarrett is likely right- a few more cards have been banned recently in Expanded; Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick and unown DAMAGE.  Unless you've an unown in there, Maxie is probably the offender.

Edit- lol :P see Rob's post. v

Edited by SuperStone

RobRatt

MasterBarrett is likely right- a few more cards have been banned recently in Expanded; Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick and unown DAMAGE.  Unless you've an unown in there, Maxie is probably the offender.

Nah.  That isn't it.  The recent bans for the Expanded format don't kick in until February 15th (the same day Team Up goes live for tournaments).

https://www.pokemon.com/us/sun-moon-team-up-banned-list-and-rule-changes-quarterly-announcement/

EDIT:  With all the talk about these cards recently, I would guess that many players think this ban has already happened.

Edited by RobRatt
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Sign in to follow this