Why has my deck changed formats?

• Please log in to reply

06 February 2019 - 04:43 AM

amaryllisbl00m

Rookie Trainer

• amaryllisbl00m

My dark deck has randomly decided to change from expanded to unlimited. I have no idea why. The last thing I did was add the latest Hoopa GX to it, but I don't think that would have changed anything. Help?

06 February 2019 - 05:57 AM

MasterBarrett

Rookie Trainer

• MasterBarrett

Hello,

Do you mean that you where in standerd format and it changed to expanded/unlimited?

or do you mean that you where expanded and cant use your deck, it says Unlimited?

if it says that you are in unlimited then there is a card "or a couple" cards that are banned in your deck. 

i know what you mean i came back on after a year and pretty much all my decks were not useable.

hope i could help you out

MasterBarrett

Dark Trainer

Edited by MasterBarrett, 06 February 2019 - 06:00 AM.

PTCGO GT: MasterBarrett

06 February 2019 - 07:17 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

In the game, go to Deck Manager.  Locate your deck (search, or otherwise).

In the upper right of that window, there's a Deck Validation button.  It has the "small i" (info) symbol in a circle.

That will allow you to check your deck in any of the available Formats, and it will tell you what's wrong, whether it's cards that don't belong in that format, banned cards, unowned cards, etc.

It's a very useful tool.  Hope it helps.

06 February 2019 - 10:14 PM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

MasterBarrett is likely right- a few more cards have been banned recently in Expanded; Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick and unown DAMAGE.  Unless you've an unown in there, Maxie is probably the offender.

Edit- lol :P see Rob's post. v

Edited by SuperStone, 06 February 2019 - 11:19 PM.

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

06 February 2019 - 10:41 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

MasterBarrett is likely right- a few more cards have been banned recently in Expanded; Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick and unown DAMAGE.  Unless you've an unown in there, Maxie is probably the offender.

Nah.  That isn't it.  The recent bans for the Expanded format don't kick in until February 15th (the same day Team Up goes live for tournaments).

https://www.pokemon.com/us/sun-moon-team-up-banned-list-and-rule-changes-quarterly-announcement/

EDIT:  With all the talk about these cards recently, I would guess that many players think this ban has already happened.

Edited by RobRatt, 06 February 2019 - 10:58 PM.