Should I buy the XY Break Premium Champion Korean Booster Box?

• Please log in to reply

05 February 2019 - 10:45 PM

WingsofFire1014

Veteran Trainer

• WingsofFire1014
Pokemon cards were I live are expensive, and half the time when I buy them, I never get any good pulls.

With this specific Korean Box, all the cards except the rare have little sparkles on them. You should look at them yourself.

I know the packs only have 5 cards and you aren't guaranteed anything, and I realize that these cards are in expanded, and in the US where I live, they aren't even playable. I was just going to use them for collection purposes.

Koran Booster Boxes are also pretty cheap everywhere in the US.
Try try again. Never ever quit.

05 February 2019 - 11:10 PM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_
Well, as you said it yourself:

• you can't play with the card in tournaments

• you don't get code cards for the online game

• 5 card packs aren't even have a guaranteed rare in them

Quite frankly there are little arguments in favour of buying this.

If you just want to collect (with disregard to a specific set) I'd rather buy a bundle of cards of **** / from a local store.

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...

05 February 2019 - 11:19 PM

WingsofFire1014

Veteran Trainer

• WingsofFire1014

Well, as you said it yourself:

• you can't play with the card in tournaments
  • you don't get code cards for the online game
  • 5 card packs aren't even have a guaranteed rare in them
Quite frankly there are little arguments in favour of buying this.
If you just want to collect (with disregard to a specific set) I'd rather buy a bundle of cards of **** / from a local store.
Would an Elite Trainer Box be a good choice over it?

I thought that it might be cool to add the Korean cards to my collection.

Edited by WingsofFire1014, 05 February 2019 - 11:20 PM.

06 February 2019 - 07:32 AM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

If I asked for advice about movies? ...whether I should buy them in foreign languages that I don't speak, without subtitles, and won't work in my blu-ray player because they're in the wrong Region Coding, I think I might resent an answer that said, "Yeah buddy, you should go for it!"

Or wonder why I asked in the first place.  :wacko: 

Edited by RobRatt, 06 February 2019 - 07:34 AM.

06 February 2019 - 01:57 PM

WingsofFire1014

Veteran Trainer

• WingsofFire1014

If I asked for advice about movies? ...whether I should buy them in foreign languages that I don't speak, without subtitles, and won't work in my blu-ray player because they're in the wrong Region Coding, I think I might resent an answer that said, "Yeah buddy, you should go for it!"

Or wonder why I asked in the first place.  :wacko: 

Ok, so you say no.

What if I just wanted them for collection purposes though?

06 February 2019 - 06:28 PM

Felidae_

Elite Trainer

• Felidae_

Dude. For real, nobody cares what you do with your money and what you collect for yourself. If you like to own Korean cards for the sake of collecting then go for it.

The shadows of the abyss are like the petals of a monstrous flower that shall blossom within the skull and expand the mind beyond what any man can bear, but whether it decays under the earth or above on green fields, or out to sea or in the very air, all shall come to revelation, and to revel, in the knowledge of the strangling fruit - and the hand of the sinner shall rejoice, for there is no sin in shadow or in light that the seeds of the dead cannot forgive...