most common versus type

• Please log in to reply

05 February 2019 - 08:42 PM

buddyglass

Novice Trainer

• buddyglass

I'm assuming most non-new players don't usually play theme decks.  From among the others (Standard, Expanded, Unlimited), which one is most popular?

05 February 2019 - 09:14 PM

RobRatt

Elite Trainer

• RobRatt

I don't know how accurate it is, but from the Leaderboard for PTCGO, it looks like....

1.  Expanded

2.  Standard

3.  Legacy (not Unlimited, but from HGSS-BW sets)

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/

You'd be surprised how many "non-new" players use the Theme Decks.  They're still a great way to beat Daily Challenges, and earn a few packs in Events.

06 February 2019 - 01:20 AM

SuperStone

Elite Trainer

• SuperStone

My personal experience lately has been that Expanded has longer wait times than Standard.  However, that could be just my location, or even the difference in my skill level between the two formats (currently I'm doing better in Expanded).

The truth waits for no one.  That which you refuse to see, TPCi, slips past you.  The chat function was never your problem, yet through your blindness, you have made it one.

06 February 2019 - 11:08 PM

buddyglass

Novice Trainer

• buddyglass

I'm new, but so far I've been playing theme only when I need to in order to complete a daily challenge since I don't have a custom deck built for every energy type.  Then usually expanded when I'm not working on a challenge.  Was just curious what other people do.

07 February 2019 - 03:45 PM

Loof6

Veteran Trainer

• Loof6

I prefer theme, because for me the quickest way is to reach 11 daily wins. The games and the chances of winning are very predictable and there are rarely any surprises. Because every deck is known. I know after 5 minutes if I can win the game or not. There's nothing annoying for me to invest in a match for 30 minutes and lose in the end.